So Original Auras are expensive

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deus Ex Machina, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  2. Postman Level 30

Wow that's a lot of replays
    • Like x 5
  3. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

:O I so wish I had a spit take gif for those prices but they're still fair IMO
    • Like x 3
  4. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'm cringing looking at this. I definitely won't unlock my OG Nimbus for that price.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dazz-252 Committed Player

:eek:

Oh well, least we have the option I guess.
    • Like x 3
  6. Chicken Well-Known Player

Yes, they came out years ago. I didn't think they would be cheap by any means. I guess I would be thankful to even have the OG Nimbus or OG plasmic to unlock. So jealous hahaha.
    • Like x 4
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

How much does 350 replays cost? Is it $ 10.00?

I will add that people will spend 100's of dollars from the gold sellers so that they can get enough cash to buy an aura for an alt.

$3.00, $4.00, $5.00, $10.00 or $15.00 dollars from DCUO to get one aura for an alt if you already have it is DIRT CHEAP as compared to the gold sellers.

I assumed $5.00 to $10.00 for the auras would be the average but I was hoping for less.
    • Like x 3
  8. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Yes.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I wish I was around when the Nimbus aura came out.

Shouldn't have taken a break...
    • Like x 3
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

Those prices out of context look high....but considering how much RNG was involved and how much was spent in the original pursuit of those ultra-rare Auras, this is more than fair. For example: The OG Plasmic (simply titled Plasmic Aura) came in the original $20 Booster Bundles. How many people can claim they bought only one box and immediately got it upon opening that first box??? I know it can't be many. So chances are people spent anywhere from $20 to $100+ for a chance at that. $15 for a guaranteed aura for the toon you really want it on...fair enough in my opinion, but if it's too rich for your blood you can just continue to do without it.
    • Like x 4
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

So the title is misleading by a large amount. These auras listed are not Original Auras. These are Auras from Booster Bundles so because of where they came from, they should be expected to cost a lot more than the actual Original auras. If you have the prices for the Original Auras like the solid colors or even the Thin auras and they are the same price then outrage is a go. But depending on where these Auras and even other Styles come from, it should be expected they'll cost different Replays similar to the different costs for Feat Unlocking based on how many Stars they have.
    • Like x 6
  13. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

You're being purposefully obtuse here. You, and everybody else reading this thread know he's referring to the OG plasmic, nimbus, smoke, etc.
    • Like x 2
  14. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Those aura's cannot be purchased via replay badges. If you wanted to know the prices on them they are in the Marketplace.
  15. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

lol thanks for the gif that just made my day without dc XD
    • Like x 1
  16. TestReporter Loyal Player

I get your point, but it's not like we are buying the aura off RNG again and also, booster bundle auras weren't $10, it had repair bots, replay badges and other things, the aura price was like $1.

I expected it to be high (don't think it's good, but it was expected, they like to overprice some things idk why) and they can put the price for 1000000 replays if they want, after all it's just a cosmetic. I just don't think a price like this will be good for the sales, there are few that care enough about alts to pay $15 to unlock a single aura, if it was like 150 or even 300 it would probably sell a lot more.
    • Like x 4
  17. not_again Dedicated Player

Friendly reminder the first two booster bundles cost $20. So while I agree this price is high. I do not find it unreasonable.
    • Like x 3
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

How did you get that???
    It still says world down for maintenance for me on US PS4. :(
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Even at those prices there would still be some saying it's too much. Overpriced is a matter of opinion, and people forget that the work done to make it happen isn't cheap. The company wants to recoup their investment, and not over a long period of time (which is what would happen at those lower prices you suggested). I still maintain that for those wanting a rare exclusive (never to be offered again) cosmetic item, with no RNG involved this is a fair enough price. Don't me wrong...I would love it if it were cheaper...who wouldn't??? I just don't expect that here, and it's not because of cynicism...just the reality of things.

Another way to look at it: If you were ever one of those people who felt that Loyalty Points/MC Rewards were kind of worthless because there was nothing to use it on....well, now you can save up to buy replays to then purchase the auras or other items on your toons. We waited this long for Style Unlock...what's a few months saving up loyalty points???
    • Like x 6
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There are people throwing down $100s of dollars on Stabilizer keys and others actually playing russian roulette with Gold Sites...of course there will be plenty dropping the dough to bling out their oft used alts.
    • Like x 2