So much for feeling powerful.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Aug 26, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ll admit I’ve only done duos so far, but wow. Everything was the same as it was when the duo was the latest episode. As someone who needed to revisit a few normal raids a year or so later, this is not good. Am I just never doing those raids again? :(
    • Like x 7
  2. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Find a FOS3 raid spam group in LFG. Best and fastest way for source mark farming.
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m not really concerned about source marks right now. I’m concerned about that the fact that I apparently have to accept that there’s some content I will never be able to finish.
    • Like x 5
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Unfortunately no, you probably won't. On the flip side, all old content seems like a joke to a lot of us. Still pretty much one shotting everything. Definitely not even a full rotation before everything is dead. The game has a very large difference between players and this is going to show it. The min max high sp/ dps comp types/ elites are still plowing thru. But from what I've seen/ heard, pug or omni groups are hurting bad. My advice, make some friends that can melt and stay away from omni/ blind ques for awhile. Hell, don't even run clamped content for a bit.
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m struggling to find the motivation to run anything right now. I was for the clamp but this is too much. I feel like I’ve been betrayed. :(
    • Like x 8
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You aren't going to be happy to see that others are already asking for stronger clamps then. A friend went into batcave beach yesterday and the group already had 40mins of multiple wipes on 1st boss and like 10 players leave. The devs have a tough road ahead to make some people happy.
    • Like x 2
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Hold up, hold up...HOLD.UP!!! Are you seriously starting complaints about raids without actually stepping foot in one??? Based on your Duo experience? Are you SERIOUS???!!!??? How is anyone supposed to take you serious??? How is this usable feedback??? Less than 24 hours and you're already making ridiculous proclamations. Damn shame....
    • Like x 3
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You haven't stepped foot in that content yet...so your concerns are based on ridiculous fear. You won't know if the water is cold or not if you haven't even put a foot in the pool.
    • Like x 2
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I have a vague recollection of 9001BPM posting about struggles in new content a few years ago, and the advice at the time was to maybe wait until the content was an episode or two older to make it a bit easier with stronger gear and likely stronger team members if in PUGs. I can understand from that perspective how this change might seem overwhelming without putting "a foot in the pool," but I do not disagree with you that it makes sense to test the waters more before panicking.

I also wonder if more of us on the forums could help with some of the content struggles for players who are expecting to struggle like this. Many here seem to have a lot of experience and skill that others could benefit from, either through knowledge or offers to run content with them.
    • Like x 3
  10. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

To be frank, it seems that too many of you really don't care for combat. You rather be "powerful" than "skilled" and they are mutually exclusive in DCUO. The more "powerful" you are, the less likely anyone around you will be able to engage DCUO's combat (let alone skillfully). So if power is what you seek then manual made groups is likely the go to tactic and should have been since the start for invested players.

Side Note: Do you any of you actually read your text when you speak of wanting "Power" in DCUO. If you just added maniacal laughter at the end of your "power" arguments you might get an epiphany that you're not fantasizing about being a hero in DCUO...

- doubly accurate when you incorporate what players actually do to groups when they have "all but absolute authority" over the pacing of an instance
    • Like x 6
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m quoting the developers on “feeling powerful”. All I know is that I’ve been told in the past to try something again a few episodes later if it’s too much, and going on my initial impressions, that’s no longer an option. I’m not looking to instant kill anything. No need to be presumptuous or judgmental. I was actually for clamping, I’ve seen the bad stuff that happened in tiers 1-7 because we were way too strong. But this is too much.
    • Like x 3
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

All of this. Unless we get very significant buffs in the raids that we don’t get in duos, I don’t really see how my fears are unfounded.
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

In op's defense, yeah be worried. Pug groups are going to get murdered in certain instances. Most of it will come down to lack of group coordination since no one talks anymore. But there is no saviors now. No op player to come in and save the group. And one thing we all need to start doing is listing our toons for others to see who is finding it easy and who is finding it tough. There are a ton of barely 100sp 340 toons running around with 60-100 level artis.

I'll start:

Hi, I'm Azraihell and I'm a 344 sorcery toon with 506sp, 10 200 artis, and near 10yrs experience. Everything seems easy to me. (Now op may be 335, 120sp, 2 80 and 1 120 artis and yeah I bet it's damn tough)
    • Like x 3
  14. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

I just think this a work in progress. I like and dislike certain things about the stats revamp but there is little praise and more fear of the direction DCUO.

We will just have to see what the Devs will do.
  15. L T Devoted Player

But those statements you were told are still true. You're just as powerful in Wonderverse and Legion content now as you were last week (unless you've gotten new gear, in which case you're stronger). Clamping starts with BoP (at least it did on the test server).

Friendly advice: don't try to go it alone and q solo. Find a league that uses voice and actually talks to each other during content. They don't have to be great players, just moderately friendly ones. Communication and playing with people you know makes such an enormous difference in completing the content that it's difficult to overstate.
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m 341cr, 517 sp, one 200 and two 160 artifacts. But I don’t have great social skills, and I have terrible reflexes and a tendency to panic. :(
    • Like x 3
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol you always crack me up. I would like to say you just need some faith in yourself and stop thinking you're the weak link. But ok, so you're up there and that is fine. It's info that can help find balance I would think. Somewhere out there is a 76yr old grandma that loves this game and had to level up to 340 to beat tier 4 stuff. Or a war vet that's missing some fingers but still wants to enjoy the game and is now in a bad spot since over powering is off the table. A game based on being superpowered but having that taken away is odd. This "dlc" is polarizing player groups very quickly. The casuals are probably getting the worst of it.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Those buffs are called other players. When they work together and follow mechanics, it's a thing of beauty.
  19. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Mun El here. 341Cr/479SP Munitions DPS/Troll. Having a blast and not finding it hard at all. You just can't completely face roll content anymore (which always put me off anyway)
    • Like x 1
  20. BaccSeat New Player