So, mental power, has anyone figure it out yet or there is nothing to do about it?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, Aug 16, 2017.

1. mexmex Dedicated Player

Please this is not revamps vs. not revamp.
    It is not about chasing scoreboard either.

I heve tried several mental pfft rotations, I have invested a ggod amount of time doing so for mental, and I cant come close to my rotations on my earth, atomic, rage, electic or nature toons with way lower skill points or might for that matter.

Has anyone come with a good rotation? I saw a few you tube vids for mental, And I have been able to come accross to some way better rotations than those presented in there.

So it is mental in the bottom 2? or, am I missing something, that I haven´t figure out yet?,

I am not saying i can´t complete the job, but its a bit dissapointing to finish in the bottom damage wise everytime on an even field even if I have way higher might and power that other people with different powers, I do way more damage, with most if not all of my alts, even if they are significantly lower in SP or might and power, ALSO I tested against a reliable people, AND against and between with all my alts, have one for each power.

ANY ideas?
    • Like x 4
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Having the same issue with quantum. But ya know throw time bomb and some 300 powers and you're all good :rolleyes: Ive spent a ridiculous amount of time parsing quantum and running different loadout/rotations and builds in content. All i see is inconsistency. Dont mean to make your mental thread about another power. Im saying i feel your pain. Every time i seem to find something decent 1 day the next day it seems to be below average. A few powers definitely need to be looked at.
    • Like x 6
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I mean it is Mental, how are you going to figure it out? You're not Psychic or anything.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hopefully they do something to tweak Mental though.
    • Like x 5
  4. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

My toon is 66% Mental at this point.
    • Like x 1
  5. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Weapon master I guess. :(
    • Like x 1
  6. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

All the controller powersets suffer from that unfortunately, all this boils down to the limitations they put on the powers damage that have a secondary effect like a SC generator/debuff/cc effect which controller powers are full of. Munitions is near exactly where it was before revamp its the exact same powers used in the same way besides mini nuke and thats just cause they cranked the power cost and took away the debuff. Gadgets has some good rotations but they are melee and take a ton of power cause of the multi 300 cost powers, mental took the heavy nerf before revamp with 6s dots and no real bust damage powers, light kept on getting nerfed with every update to revamp to the point where its good but power inefficient and is really only 1 power spam. Qunatum couldn't make up its mind if you use time bomb or you don't use time bomb and you are left with awkward rotations that don't perform consistently. Then you look at tank powers and rage, earth, atomic are all super consistent for example.
    • Like x 10
  7. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

at 191, with a measly 117 SP, my mental villain hits 6k-7k(crits) dps. Basically built it the same as my gadg hybrid. Difference is WM, but my rotation is the same. The massive difference is the SC's in invisibility. My Gadg has sneak attack and EMP for single target, mob situation. So far I haven't found a decent invisibility AoE attack but the equivalent surprise attack does well anyway since the total number for split and single are almost the same. My SC in Gadg is BB, but that's 100SC, I have 2 SCs in my invisibility, NVB and the one with transform thingy, which are situationals but in a boss fight, i wait for a hundred n use both of em.
    • Like x 1
  8. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Some powers play better from the tray than others. Try a hybrid build with wm
    • Like x 1
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Psychic shock. You can spam it all day long. It's a cheap 100 power with 0.5 second cooldown.
    It's also a stun that's uninterruptible. With a healer you can just about melt threw anything with time because you cannot be stopped.
  10. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Add on like robot sidekick and use the dazing PI abilities but you're definitely going to need a troll it's very power hungry

EDIT: Just using those 3 Dazing effect powers plus like Mass Lev or other dazing applicators can hit 5000 DPS on single target with 13k might on test server
  11. mexmex Dedicated Player

That is a weak damage dealer anyway, can't compete against other power set using just that move
    • Like x 1
  12. mexmex Dedicated Player

Yup even with that robot, power regeneration suffers a lot, maybe in raids might work a little better but not in alerts without a troll, pftt especifically
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Screw the Robot; it dies every time I use Invisibility, which is often. You can't hit hard with Mental if you don't use Invisibility into Pain Blast. Too much time is wasted in reloading that stupid thing. Go to your League hall dummies; find the powers that hit the 9 dummies the hardest. Use those powers. You may be surprised, if you look outside the box.
  14. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Oh yea I definitely suggest in alerts you go hybrid or WE for the power
  15. mexmex Dedicated Player

I
    agree, but I literally spent hours working firs in the PI dazed and terror, then with lots of different loadout with out a PI, and still my parsers at 10 30 and 60sec are way below than my toons with less 200 sp, even if my mental has over 300, I haven't make it work not even close to those other powerset, so it is a tricky loadout needed, or is just plain and simple the new electric from before revamp, I will continue to search but I think I have done all combinations possible so far. And yes invisibility and its 2 power there might hit a little better but it is slow.
  16. The_fair_1 Committed Player

I always test each power specifically on one target to find what they can do on single cause thats what you need to focus on in Boss fights. Then I test on multiple targets, and I get that you're using the invis in pain blast I'm just saying that i was having good with those 3 powers (don't remember their names) and mass lev and I could get to 5k average and then sidekick adds more damage
  17. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Yea rn mental is one of the worst so it's going to be a combination of figuring out weapons or powers and iconics or natural. I intend to do more testing later tonight cause Mental's a cool power just lacking rn
    • Like x 1
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

This just in.
    Troll Roleless buff cut by 50%, starting tomorrow.
    That changes everything. Again.
  19. mexmex Dedicated Player

As I see it it hurts mental, since it seems mental need robot sidekick to barely make the cut damage wise but with that robot your regeneration sucks big time lol, this definitely will impact mental a lot more, TBH since the test revamp there was such a little feedback and as a result of that the power made its pass as it is now
  20. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Pro-tip:
    Include sidekick robot in the invisibility loadout.
    • Like x 2