So Many Iconics That Need An Update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Mar 21, 2020.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Iconic NPCs that have been updated to their current comic appearance:

Adeline Wilson
    Alexander Luthor
    Aqualad
    Aquaman
    Barbatos
    Batman
    Batman Who Laughs
    Batwoman
    Black Canary
    Black Manta
    Catwoman
    Circe
    Corum Rath
    Cyborg
    Dawnbreaker
    Doctor Fate
    Doomsday
    The Drowned
    Harley Quinn
    Hawkgirl
    Hawkman
    Huntress
    Jericho
    John Constantine
    Johnny Quick
    Joker
    King Shark
    Klarion
    Lex Luthor
    Lois Lane
    Mera
    The Merciless
    Mordru
    Nightwing
    Ocean Master
    Owlman
    Poison Ivy
    Raven
    Red Death
    Red Robin
    Robin (Damian Wayne)
    Shazam
    Starfire
    Steve Trevor
    Supergirl
    Superman
    Superwoman
    Tala
    Terra
    Ultraman
    Wonder Woman
    Xa-Du
    Zatanna

Yet to be updated:
    Abra Kadabra
    Alura
    Ambush Bug
    Amon Sur
    Anti-Monitor
    Aphrodite
    Ares
    Arisia Rrab
    Arkillo
    Artemis
    Athena
    The Atom
    Atrocitus
    Bane
    Batgirl* (Cassandra Cain)
    Beast Boy
    Big Barda
    Bizarro
    Black Adam
    Black Lightning
    Booster Gold
    The Brain
    Brainiac
    Brother Blood
    Brother Warth
    Bruce Wayne
    Bruno Manheim
    Captain Boomerang (George Harkness)
    Captain Boomerang (Owen Mercer)
    Captain Cold
    Chang Tzu
    Cheetah
    Chemo
    Clayface
    Darkseid
    Deathstroke
    Doctor Light
    Doctor Occult
    Doctor Psycho
    Doctor Sivana
    Donna Troy
    Eclipso
    Etrigan the Demon
    Evil Star
    Fatality
    Felix Faust
    Fire
    The Flash (Barry Allen)
    The Flash (Jay Garrick)
    Gentleman Ghost
    Giganta
    Gizmo
    Glomulus
    Gorilla Grodd
    Granny Goodness
    Green Arrow
    Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
    Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
    Hades
    Hank Henshaw
    Harvey Bullock
    Heat Wave
    Hecate
    Hera
    Queen Hippolyta
    Hush
    Indigo-1
    Isis (Adrianna Tomaz)
    Jack
    Jacob
    James
    Commissioner James Gordon
    Jared
    Jesse
    Jimmy Olsen
    Jinx
    Jonathan Kent
    Jor-El
    Kalibak
    Katherine Kane
    Kid Flash
    Killer Croc
    Killer Frost
    Kilowog
    Krona
    Kyle Abbott
    Lady Blackhawk (Zinda Blake)
    Lady Shiva
    Lana Lang
    Lara-El
    Larfleeze
    Lashina
    Lightray
    Lyssa Drak
    Major Force
    Mammoth
    Man-Bat
    Mantis
    Martha Kent
    Martian Manhunter
    Metallo
    Mirror Master
    Mister Freeze
    Mister Miracle
    Mister Mxyzptlk
    Monsieur Mallah
    Munk
    Nekron
    Non
    Nora Fries
    Oracle* (Barbra Gordon)
    Orion
    Parasite
    Penguin
    Per Degaton
    Pete Ross
    Phantom Stranger
    Pied Piper
    Power Girl
    Professor Zoom
    Psimon
    Queen Bee
    Question
    Ra's al Ghul
    Red Tornado
    Riddler
    Rip Hunter
    Saint Walker
    Sarah Charles
    Scarecrow
    Sinestro
    Solomon Grundy
    Spectre
    Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris
    Static
    Steel
    Steppenwolf
    Stompa
    Superboy
    Swamp Thing
    T.O. Morrow
    Talia al Ghul
    The Top
    Toyman
    Trickster
    Trigon
    Two-Face
    Ultra Humanite
    Ursa
    Vandal Savage
    Veronica Cale
    Vice
    Vixen
    Weather Wizard
    Whisper A'Daire
    Wildcat
    Will Magnus
    Wonder Girl
    Zeus
    General Zod

Amazo**
    Captain Atom**

Mad Hatter**
    Metamorpho**
    Plastic Man**

Deadman***

...did I miss anybody?

*Since 2011, the entire DC Universe and its characters have been rewritten. Barbara Gordon and Cassandra's Cain history have been altered from past incarnations. Barbara fully recovered after receiving a cybernetic implant and returned to her position as Batgirl. Cassandra never took up the mantle of Batgirl and joined the Batfamily under the alias Orphan. So I'm not sure how this could translate in-game.

**These characters have existing in-game models but have never made an appearance in-game.

***Has only made an appearance while possessing another NPC.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

They're probably just going to get to them as and when relevant content comes around ;)
    • Like x 7
  3. Wildcat Committed Player

there are few more coming with the new DLC, btw good job. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

I really want to see Donna Troy, Cheetah and Wondergirl getting remodeled. Donna is my all time favorite teen titan, and the rest are Wonder Woman related characters that I like alot. Any character that gets remodeled get me excited. They all look soo good and accurate, and the art team is doing a really good job.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I know there's a few more but I didn't want to spoil the surprise. ;)
    • Like x 2
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

It would be "awesome" if they did update all these characters you mentioned and perhaps others you might have missed. I am 100% in favor of it.

That said; That takes money... lots of money. I am in no position to guess the financial status/ budget for the team that would handle all this, but, I am somewhat certain that they would rather spend the money on other things. I'm not saying I don't agree with doing this and completely overhaul all these characters... I am just wondering if there's any money for it.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Oh they will update most if not all the iconics. It makes the game look a little more appealing.
    • Like x 1
  9. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I hope you're right. We are way overdue. 10 year old graphics, styles... we really need that update. I hope they hear you!
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Titanic Trenton and Captain Kruel.
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I said iconic not ironic.
  12. MightySteve New Player

I am old, and resistant to change :)

I love the classics. Remodels from 2011--on make me cry like a little girl. If I'm not mistaken, both Batman and Superman have, though, gotten their stolen trunks back. So I wouldn't mind seeing the official DCUO version of Supes getting his back (I Think Batman has).
    • Like x 1
  13. Toshknight Loyal Player

damn copy pasta much? they dont nee dot do EVERYONE, the only time it's necessary is when the iconic is being altered in media in a big way like harley for instance, and huntress sadly. but the will when the time comes.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All of the NPC updates have been to match the current Rebirth continuity in the comics. Nothing to do with film or television. And no they don't need to do everyone, I was just keeping a list of who has and hasn't been updated.
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I hate getting nitpicky, but I don't know if some of them can be considered updates when they just made it into the game. The Metal characters, the Crime Syndicate, Xa-Du, Mordru, Steve Trevor, Corum Wrath, King Shark, Aqualad, Black Manta, Jericho, and Terra weren't in the game before their episodes came out (may be wrong about Black Manta, but I don't remember him in any content before the Atlantis stuff). In fact all of them started coming in at the same time or after they started updates on iconics (Superman's update came with Earth 3, I believe). So some of those character models aren't all that old.

There's also an argument to be made about Red Robin and Damian Robin being new (new persona for Tim, new person in the Robin role for Damian) but I think it's too early on a Sunday to get THAT nitpicky. :D

That was a pretty extensive list overall for both lists, but I would question if all of them need updates considering how relatively new some of them are to the game. Trying to find a good cut-off point for what's considered new or old would be challenging (different perspectives and all that) but I would say that iconic characters from the core game up to Home Turf (if not Sons of Trigon) would be the range I'd start from.
    • Like x 2
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All of the recently added NPCs are based on their Rebirth appearance that's why I listed them with the NPCs that have been updated. Rebirth characters are in gold, pre-2011 continuity is in white. In other words, it's two lists comparing the current standard vs the old.

Some of the NPCs that haven't been updated yet will most certainly receive an overhaul to match their Rebirth appearance. Others might just need a simple coat of paint. For example, I don't believe Raven's brothers have been introduced in the new continuity. I haven't seen Munk in the new continuity yet either. Others characters look mostly unchanged like Toyman and Vixen. Some characters like Lana Lang got a story promotion.
  17. Toshknight Loyal Player

i was just joshin ya, i agree with you alot of npcs do need to be updated , but what you just said. about nothing to do with television. your flat wrong. they get paid to promote, we had Supergirl redesigned for this game matching the tv show. and we got items of hers , they did a ray palmer thing with Brandon routhe not too long ago, and when BVS came out they did the batman cowl / emblem and superman / wonder woman emblems that were inspired by bvs. the one character i hope they bring matt ryan in to voice constantine. hes already the tv universe constantine and the animated show consantine , it would be really awesome if he was apart of a movie. he would be the one character that is apart of all 3. TV, Animated. and DC Movie universe
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

it also depends on the promotion. if its worth them going in and re doing the character, like they did huntress and harley cause of birds of prey and they have changed them in the comic books. there are several interpretations of both characters , and most people have been use to the huntress we have now for a long time. The one from justice league unlimited. harley has been done up since arhham asylum came out, they have messed with her several times in this game as well. voice wise
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All of those were temporary promotions, not permanent additions. And the only NPC reskin from that was the CW Supergirl, which was later pulled.
    • Like x 1
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

but they still do promotions, but ill agree with u more then disagree