So I've pretty much stopped playing until..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SigmaAtom, Dec 10, 2019.

1. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi guys

So I've pretty much stopped playing until this cash mess gets sorted out.. and no this isn't another post about sorting out the cash :) .. not that that's a bad thing, just not what I'm posting about.

I am wondering about the situation though.. I don't want wiped, I'm a EU PC player with less than 30 Mil (iirc) over all my chars, I've had more in months past but I have a lot of alts that I need to feed with gearboxes from broker.

I don't really see the incentive to play right now.. I can't buy gear boxes, except by buying caps, if I buy caps then I will want to trade sell (items, collections) on broker to make the money to buy more gear boxes.. and so on..

You could say 'why don't you just play the content for the gear?' .. and you'd have a point, however it would be frustrating to have a cr drag and not be able to buy a box to overcome it.. and with 15+ alts.. quarks won't do it.
    It's a shame as this has been the longest playing streak for me for a while.. came back properly in spring been playing since.

I wasn't aware of any glitch/exploit until.. iirc Friday, even on last Wednesday I was in an abandoned trade chat asking to buy a legs box for 500k.. no one said anything until I had already found out on these forums.. it was weird when the big robot kept sleeping in the middle of WT.. I thought that was getting fixed, overall this release has been.. needless to say.. buggy. People popping up in weird places, that WT robot (no idea if HoD too), now this broker money thing..

I don't expect any fix will affect me, as my meager 30? mil is nothing compared to what I guess was made/glitched/stolen.. but if I got wiped, that would burn me. I guess I'm hoping Mepps will chime in and let us know, that EUPC players are safe from a wipe as it is known it didn't really reach the EU server and the glitch didn't work on PC. If so.. it's one of those times PC playing should pay off.. flip knows I've tried to jump cancel for higher DPS on controller on PC and I haven't got that working (I assume it doesn't work on PC with a 360 controller).

But until this is fixed.. think I'll give DCUO a rest for a bit, shame as I had just re-joined an old friend/s league and I haven't played since iirc Friday and I wanted to help out the staff. (I'm former staff in that league) and another league I joined a few weeks ago.. probably get kicked from both. No big deal.. sad/such a waste.. but as long as I don't get cash wiped. Everything is fixable.

just a mild.. few thoughts there.. feel free to chime in with what you think of the situation (as there is enough threads about what to do about the situation that we don't really need more)

regardless, have a great and bizarre day!

Sigma
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

They dont care, you already payed your sub for the month.
  3. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hey DS

I'm a lifetime sub..but what do players think.. is that what your thinking; the devs dont care as long as the money comes in?

I mean I would say that's a bit harsh characterization.. while still admitting this release wasn't ready to go live.
  4. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Actually they should since he's in the EU and the loot box controversy is still all the rage over there. California also pushing forward with the CCPA as well.

Simply saying that even though this is there game and they own it, there's some things that won't jive well with others in the industry if they wipe the cash and/or items we've acquired from loot boxes.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Also I wanted to note, if they did wipe cash and items or one versus the other... how could we trust the time capsules are to the value we pay? There is no measure of a tc value aside from the items acquired and then what they're sold for. People are willing to spend money for tc's to get a neon - it's nice to get another rare item or collection and be able to sell that but after a wipe it would be seemingly worthless.

So you open 100 new time capsules, no Neon... but all the "meh" items or items you already have are now worthless - what value does the time capsule have if we're basically getting junk 99% of the time. IF we can sell other items and value them to a certain degree then we all win in regards to time capsules. Everyone can get lucky on a drop and instantly have money if they choose to sell said item (their prerogative to do so). The issue with all this bs has been the psn/cashapp/venmo/paypal/other type of sellers who have made items valued higher in-game due to trading against the Terms of Service (TOS) and everyone seems to think a wipe is a good idea - yeah let's sell them hundreds of thousands of time capsules then at a later date just brush all that under the rug by doing a wipe of some form - what a way to place value on the product you sell.
    • Like x 2
  6. SigmaAtom Committed Player

I really think you've hit the mark in regards to the morality of this TLS. Quite insightful man.