So it happened sooner than I thought.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Jan 26, 2020.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The recent batch of CR jumpers are already in Metal II. :(
    • Like x 2
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Of course they are.

Step one : You pull out credit card and skip ahead to CR 255

Step two : You pull out credit card and start buying already opened time capsules off the market until you upgrade that armor as high as you can get it.

Step three : join the DLC raids and let players that know how to play the game carry you until your Cr is between Cr 285 and Cr 290.

Aside from Step 2 which didn't use to exist the same sort of thing has been going on since they started offering skips and handing us Time Capsules. :(
    • Like x 2
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

So what you're saying is that DM will get much worse in pug groups now?
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I will no longer pug the alert, and the duo is now a solo. :/
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed, both are terrible, but to me DM is worse if you queue up. Queued the event for some quick marks and in a group of 276-278 players I quickly asked who would be calling and placing cards...one guy volunteered and I offered to enter the portal solo to fetch them. After about 5 failed attempts because people can't just stop for a second and NOT hit a circle button(there are several shiny ones available), we started losing people. Unfortunately the people staying would also not vote 'no' so we were greeted with a batch of new circle pressers. Cut to 2 more fails and I walk out to find a built group in reg. The end boss is another situation...people getting the metal on them who will NOT press the circle (funny how sometimes they can't help themselves...other times pressing circle is an impossible task) to end the fight.

Now I'm not saying that the card game is harder...it isn't. But at least in the alert or duo of another player is worthless you can still carry a group to victory(as long as you have a decent healer and some burn). In DM it only takes 1 lunkhead to just repeatedly sabotage the run and you can stay in there forever.

I do think people are starting to learn to just sit on their hands and allow someone else to do the cards, but it's a slow process.

Reinheld
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

Lol
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah I do not blind pug raids unless someone ninjas me.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

If it was an alt it could've been there in a day, so I'm assuming you're referring to completely new people?
    • Like x 2
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Let them come, I fear no bad players in random queued alerts!
    • Like x 3
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its a nice sentiment. i try to help out as uch as i can but then you end up taking an alt into throne of the dead elite to find an entire group of 290 players have been there for over two hours and when you try to explain you need two tanks and what to do they start swearing at you.

still my success to failure ratio completing content through on duty to be about 4 to 1.
    • Like x 1
  12. Wildcat Committed Player

stop crying, enjoy a playing the game with a living person instead of waiting 1 hour to get in into alert or raid.

[IMG]
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

No they aren't. Ran event mode yesterday and I couldn't get to the third card before someone picked it up and placed it in the wrong slot. It would be different if someone asked me to explain the game and show them why we select the cards we do but they don't. And the Barbatos fight, they think they need to let them all out at once.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Referring to new and clueless.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Normally me either, but I knew I would not have time to get in on all my alts (this was an 280CR alt) this week and just wanted the event run to get 'er done. We did not get 'er done at all, unless 'er= fail. In which case....much success!

Reinheld
  16. Proxystar #Perception

The developers are just checking off boxes.

1. Can the playerbase jump between platforms? - X

2. Can the playerbase do a basic puzzle? - X

3. Can the playerbase click on an instruction terminal? - X

4. Can the playerbase use chat to communicate instructions? - X

5. Can the playerbase not press every button at once? - X
    • Like x 3
  17. mrcheap Well-Known Player

My 255 skip is now at 279 and got there mainly by doing the dailies on Thanagar, the Vault and the one mission on Quard that gives a crate. I did both the 8 person raids about three days ago and on one I did the most DPS and on the other I did the 3rd most. (Maybe everyone else was also a skip to 255 lol.)
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That's not even needed. I used the skip on a Nature alt the day we got it and I had her at CR276, ready for Metal Part II a week and a half ago without spending a penny on her (aside from using RBs I already had to feat unlock, but that doesn't do anything for CR). She even has almost the full new vendor gear already too thanks to the discount from finishing the set on my main and the fact I was running her through the event versions of stuff before she got to 276.

With knowledge of how the game works and a little bit of luck in the gear drops it's not very hard to increase your CR.
    • Like x 1
  19. inferno Loyal Player

Have you seen them in Elite yet? I'm highly suspicious of players with 180 sp with 80 to 100 ranked artifacts.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

These must be the same people who continually DPS Batman Who Laughs and don't bother doing anything to help with the alloy in MOMr last boss.
    • Like x 1