So is Electric EVER going to get a Serious buff?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by KenCope2007, Sep 7, 2015.

1. KenCope2007 New Player

It has become so apparent that Electric is the most abused power in this game. My Main has almost 200sp and unless someone it absolutely terrible, the dps can't keep up with no other power. No matter how many sp they have. I ran bomb last night with a 97sp mental a 123sp Earth a 198sp Ice (understandable) and a 90sp Sorce and i just couldn't keep up with no one. And trust me im not a bad DPS, everything is dead before i even get a chance to do anything. Its more do to the fact that Electric's burst dmg is virtually no existant. So back to my question, when is Electric going to get the buff it deserves?
    • Like x 5
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

Nope. The only way electric will ever be a good enough power is if the time to reach max DoT level is extremely quick or if it is fully removed and DoTs are at the maximum level all the time.
    • Like x 4
  3. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Electric was just buffed a few GU ago and despite pages of players expressing for it not to hit live bc it was still underperforming, the devs released it anyway.

Maybe they'll get back to it but IMO the dot Am is flawed and should either be dropped or like the above poster stated maybe allow to go into max level on one rotation.
    • Like x 1
  4. SkullGang Devoted Player

They said they could easily buff it in a hotfix if it needed one. Looks like they don't think it does...
    • Like x 1
  5. Veritech Loyal Player

Elec will be buffed soon imo. It took 4 GUs to get pet powers where they needed to be after GU47. They were released underpowered on purpose also.
    • Like x 1
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Yep, this is the main reason. The overall average DPS potential of Electricity isn't bad, but it has poor burst. Up against burst powersets, like Earth and Ice, it will fall behind just based on trash damage. There is additional balancing underway, but not sure how this will be addressed.
    • Like x 1
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Right now the devs include hard hitting melee attacks in the melee damage numbers for Electric. But mental and Sorcery don't need those melee weapon attacks to get their damage. Plus the Sorcery damage seems out of whack right now based on the Tunso testing. The only way electric will ever have a chance is if it gets a boost in mid-range (<12.5 m) like the other powers. Right now EB and EG are sort of like wasted powers after you set up the DoTs. Maybe the devs can give them the same cooldown, and allow EB to setup max dots at mid-range. DoTs need to get a boost in damage <12.5 m. There should also be a burst bonus for all powers <12.5 m. I think Mental and Quantum get a boost in damage < 12.5 m for using the same powers. Electric should get that too. For Tunso testing no power should have melee weapon attacks included in the damage for "balancing", unless all powers rely on the melee weapon damage for their numbers.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Pets were maxed out because their potential is too varied.
    They have great initial burst but the damage isnt sustainable.
    • Like x 1
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I was electric for a very long time (3 years) I switch yesterday to sorcery in order to learn about pet powers because I'm going Water. I suspect Water to be a Pet AM so I went Sorcery as it's also a healer power.

Electric needs to use a weapon but WM doesn't keep up with AMs at all. The DoTs aren't even strong IMO. I have over 239sp but Ice always beats me by 2 million depending on the content (T7 alert or raid). The bad ice players are beatable it's people who are high CR and also high SP I struggled with. Sometimes it was hard to keep up with some who was in 190 sp with ice which is bull IMO once again.

Anyway, Electric still needs to be looked at and WM combos need to be buff in line with AMs. The Developers promised that they were the same output in damaging but that is not true and they want everyone to use the same loadouts and rotations.

And since I'm sorcery now. I will tell you that it's stronger than electric by millions. I can keep up with Ice or beat them easily in the same current T7 alerts and raids currently out. The thing is it's so easy and boring. All you need to do is power Fury and Fury will kill everything for you as long as you're powering him. I'm still testing loadouts but I only lost to Ice once and it was only by 300k then aagin I was looking at loot while they were rushing and attack adds before I could come down there. lol

It's a shame really, that powers are stuck on easy modes.

At least with Electric, it takes skill to top with (you have to work for your damage out). But on average I usually came in 2nd place ever since Bombshell raid came out. It's still good if there is a lot of adds like in Happiness, but HH isn't a good place to test your numbers as there are many things that change your output in that Raid. Bombshell and the new DC alert are good places to test your loadouts.

Maybe one day I'll go back to Electric once the developers really fix it. At the current moment I'm just waiting for Water Powers. Been waiting for Water for a long time too as my user name suggests.

I do like Electric healing over Sorcery healing. I'm new to Sorcery healing and damaging yes. But so far Sorcery healing is more power hungry than Electric. However, I do more damage while Sorcery healing than I did with Electric. Funny lol. I'm a battle heal when I be healing content.

Anyway I think I'm done talking now.

I haven't tried learning sorcery PVP yet. Electric PVP is still great if you ask me. Electric healer in PVP still best healer PVP power. That's just my opinions,
    • Like x 3
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

Sure it will, in fact it will be right along with HL, you just wait.:rolleyes:
  11. CollKev Well-Known Player

Simple just make electricity dots work with weapon mastery. If it turns out too op recude the damage a little. But it dhould bring it up with top powers same with nature.
    • Like x 1
  12. mtanasas Well-Known Player

im reading peoples comment and i dont see the answer the OP is asking "when"
  13. Steel Glove Well-Known Player

I agree with this, I've never been a fan of this mindset the devs have taken on of limiting the powers we can use with WM and then further with AM's. Giving the player options is a good thing. The high praise of the style system in this game is proof of that. Unfortunately it's probably too late now because freeing up powers would require a whole new round of balancing acts that I just don't think this game or the players have can afford to wait for.
  14. generalzod Committed Player

I suggested it many times the dot classes and celestial ! should all get a nice buff even with a nice buff dots still should loose when fight adds but bring the gap close and with the buff during the boss fight electric and nature should dominate here ! then balancing out the fight ! This was always the intent of the clas ! thing is burst has been too strong !
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, honestly, the DoT classes should be tuned a little higher to compensate for the poor burst. It would allow them to catch up in boss fights.
    • Like x 2
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

we don't know when the devs will update powers further until they do. Devs still haven't made a decision on melee vs mid range so that will likely factor into the decision
  17. not_again Dedicated Player

I am a one hand dps and can do cool looking things with electricity. You can melee everything in the game currently. James in elite can be a little tricky, but other than that melee away.

Yes the powerset electricity is under performing.
  18. generalzod Committed Player

This is well said and show still far from balance ! and exp player with just about all the skill points you can get and you struggle with electric ! Then you change to another power and pretty much unbeatable with those skill points !
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Only way electric could win is if it got a serious buff. Even then DoT only really apply to high health enemies. Since there are 5 dps in a group, most burst powers. You wont get any time to set up DoTs. This IMO is why DoT AM fail at nearly all levels of content.
    • Like x 4
  20. DaveFelterbush Active Player

Honestly Electric just needs to be revamped. Go through the power interactions and make polarization worth something.
    such as the electrifying and electro-charge tree thats all dot damage and is insane dmg for bosses.
    then the polarization tree would be a burst dmg like ice, fire, gadgets, mental, and so on.
    new animations would be nice too. i mean don't get me wrong electric looks sweet, just out dated.
    i love the power, just sucks being able to only hit for 31k parse on 8 ads:(