So I'm Curious

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drathmor, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

from the looks of it its only a matter of time before something in game happens to blowup the watchtower and the hall of doom causing everyone to be in house of legends permanently.

and what will follow will be the merging of LFG and grouping and we all become Anti Heroes. Fixing the faction population issues.

SO how close am I DEV's ;):D

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

They stated that neither are going anywhere.. But enjoy the thought experiment..
    • Like x 2
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

they have said many things since this game started and very often have gone back and changed what they said down the line. and I will thanks very curious to what the community comes up with :D
  4. BumblingB I got better.

The old HQs I doubt will go anywhere, but who knows.

What will happen is the absolving of factions. So yay there!
    • Like x 4
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

That may be true but it seems to be more of a "for now" type of statement, do to how the paths to the original HQ's are now fewer and not as convenient.
    • Like x 3
  6. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I mean I rarely went in the WT except to meet up with someone for a trade or something in the past few years before the House of Legends came out. And honestly unless I'm stocking up on ally catalysts or buying something from a vendor in their which is rare I don't go in there much either.
  7. Aren Sul Committed Player

In the very first survey after the release of the House of Legends, I posed the same thing. I wondered if this joint-faction hub is a success (based on where people prefer to hang out), there would be a future arrival of Perpetua (say, next year's Save the Universe Event) and both Hall of Doom and Watchtower would be destroyed. However, when they announced Perpetua inclusion as soon as the next release storyline, I tossed that idea out.

Either way, I wouldn't mind it if they did make the switch. I think the only thing lacking in the new location is the currency conversion from past episode vendors. Otherwise, it's got everything else including the gold spammers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

I hope they aren't going anywhere, holding Mepps' to his own promise to not blow them up :D
    • Like x 2
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I agree I just see an opportunity in them turning the faction halls into Content zones
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't personally see them going away, but I can see that nothing else will be added to them. Until they will fully shut down the 'villain' and 'hero' aspects and merge them (probably won't happen), having a separate base for each makes sense...even if the primary location is HOL.

I still go to WT quite a bit if I'm using broker/bank/mail on a toon that doesn't have them in base. The solid wall behind those stations in HOL makes getting pinned by RSK/Fury/Brick...etc...much easier and more annoying.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Where in HOL are the walk in points for the old raids, or the South Gotham daily missions?

Seriously...I've never seen them.
    • Like x 1
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I wish they would add those walk in's to the teleporters and put all the rest of the content in them as well i miss soloing raids just to see if you can. I cant remember the name of the dude that used to make videos of it all the time but I always likes seeing if I could duplicate them. plus what's not fun about 3 manning or four manning with league mates raid content
    • Like x 1
  13. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Only people in the WT are the dueling PVP crowd who's usually talking out of character in Shout Chat. WT is dead because only people there running content are FOS3 spam.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We would have blown them up with HoL if we were going to. That dastardly plot was stopped.
    • Like x 9
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

that's prime real estate for content :D
    • Like x 1
  16. Aren Sul Committed Player

Ah, good point. I haven't used the walk in to raids in while (I just form a group and go). And South Gotham I go with my lair teleporter
    But for the older episodes, instead of the multiple portals there's the Orrery Hubs or lair teleporter.
    • Like x 1
  17. Aren Sul Committed Player

Have you tried unplugging and plugging the Orrery Teleportation Hub? Perhaps that would update and include the walk-ins? ;)
  18. Aren Sul Committed Player

Imagine reskinning them to look like partially demolished ruins. I can easily see quests (for either side) to attempt to salvage valuable items from the debris.
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

Removing those HQs would require some missions to be changed t their core, which would be 4283274724824 times more troublesome than simply adding extra texts in those same missions.
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but not everyone is endgame and those south Gotham missions are tied to at least one if not more feats. Also, you can't use a lair teleporter or Orray to go into Nexus with 5 or 6 like minded people to make sure the right lex combo goes down, or that a stray person doesn't wake the robots. If AQS was a thing, sure....walk-ins not needed, but for now they are a nice option for a short group. But yeah, the Orray takes the place of all the OW area portals fine.

Walk-in points are handy for one reason or another. If the old HQs go away, it would be nice if they had a place in the HOL.
    • Like x 2