so ice gonna be broken?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xskateXX, Aug 28, 2014.

1. xskateXX Well-Known Player

with max damage are the gonna broke the ice armor?
    i really hope not cuz ice armor is one the best things of ice dpsing
  2. Radium Devoted Player

Max damage will replace Ice Armor so we get the 60% modifier.
  3. xskateXX Well-Known Player

well that just making ice armor buff uselss
    changing my loadout again
    FUN!
  4. Radium Devoted Player

Pretty much, but on the plus side I don't have to use Reflection in a range loadout anymore.
  5. xskateXX Well-Known Player

yea my new loadout gonna be probably like that
    ice bash
    wintery tempset
    iconi robot
    frost snipe
    blizzard
    ice boulder
  6. Ancient nemesis New Player

Resonating gale has a aoe and does a aoe dot effect. Try swapping ice boulder for it and see what you think skate...should be able to get damage out fast that way
  7. xskateXX Well-Known Player

resorating gale doing dots? rly?
    nah man i think ur mistaking with ice bash
  8. Captain Cold Level 30

Well reflect and ice bash will still be important as they are used to get the chill effects to boost our frost snipe and boulder. So dam modifier ice armour will be useless but if you don't frost snipe and ice boulder will hit like wet socks. Resonating gale does have a dot pi placed after frostbite pi is on target called icy field. From my experience it sucks
  9. xskateXX Well-Known Player

well i can tell u that ull do more damage even with one chill effect
    and how strong is this icy field thingy
  10. Ancient nemesis New Player

11. xskateXX Well-Known Player

12. Ancient nemesis New Player

Yeah I'm precision modded and I see high might based ticks. May change to precision and might based to see the full damage potential
  13. xskateXX Well-Known Player

u know u get dos also from ice bash right?
    whats ur dots like?
  14. Captain Cold Level 30

I am personally finding res gale and ice boulder are doin pretty similar damage but I think boulder is currently just better aoe. And if I remember rightly it's 3 chill effects till frost snipe and ice boulder hit their peak
  15. Ancient nemesis New Player

Lol well granted my thing on here says "new member" I actually been playing since beta.
    I'm aware of how ice work and resonating gale seemed increase my damage out a lot.
    Wheni get home (at work) I be sure too update you on the average amount of damage the ticks do for me.
    Don't be afraid to test it out yourself though it's a viable power and does great aoe as well as decent single target damage
  16. Requake Dedicated Player

Lol I made the exact same post last week, you commented on it but yet you make a new post? ok lol.
    Anyways Resonating gale is a really nice move to have. As you should start Wintry Tempest - Ice bash and you will make the enemies frostbitten and when you use RG on them, they will generate 'icy fields' that deal DoTs to targets near it as well. Same as in tank role Bitter winds > Shatter restraints.
    Even after the 'balancing' ice armor will have his benefit. Why? Because you get extra damage out of your moves with the ice armor on (even though this is quite useless damage lol).
    It all comes down to knowing your power, read your power interactions.
    And ice bash doesn't give you dots, it gives procs on basic attacks, I believe they proc for 1k'ish. Next to that it also increases your crits dramatically.
    Thats what makes ice to what it is right now. Decent DoTs (Wintry tempest + RG), a minute of locking in 50% mod and extra damage with ice armor and the decent crits with ice bash + WM.
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I don't know why people keep saying resonating gale over ice bolder when ice bolder clearly hits harder...
  18. savageprime New Player

Everything you said as far as power interactions is truth.

Now as far as damage potential im not so sure. Wint temp imo is not worth a wooden peg. Res gale is iffy at best and icy field (when it actually procs) does minute damage when all these are compared against weapon mastery. Ice armor buffs snipe true but we dont know what a 60% snipe will do when coupled with max damage. As I understand right now max damage overrides ice armor so we stay at 60% now if ice armor buffs snipe to produce more damage than a regular snipe with max mod is whag remains to be seen.

Also boulder is doing more consistent AoE damage than any other ice power to include res gale. The time it takes you to cast temp and gale you could have got off two full wm combos with boulder which will net way more damage. Im actually hoping we get to use other powers than the standard wintry temp/snipe/gale/boulder.

Anyone know if ice is up next after gadgets?
  19. xskateXX Well-Known Player

well i tell u wha im gonna test few loadout and see exactly who make more damag ein 2 minutes
    (i have website for it)
  20. savageprime New Player

Excellent if your able to post video please do. Speccs etc etc. Loadouts should be:
    IB, REFLECT, COLD SNAP, BOULDER, ROBOT SIDE

VS

IB, WINTRY, RES GALE, BOULDER, ROBOT.

If AoE try boulder and single snipe as you know. And on first loadout ensure your buffed to IA.