So DPSing is hard...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KrilTsuuroth, Apr 15, 2014.

1. KrilTsuuroth Well-Known Player

I just got some news that well...apparently DPSing is harder than any role...?

Thoughts please.
    • Like x 2
  2. IdontDps Committed Player

it's the most competitive...hard? no trolling personally because they get treated as nothing but batteries
    • Like x 5
  3. SKAVANGER408 New Player

It's like any other role to be honest. The only role that isn't hard anymore is healing. Since they have the craziest restoration numbers I've seen.

Edit: dps isn't hard but being a great dps is.
    • Like x 12
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You're going to get answers all over the place with this. Bad question to ask so I'm not going to give a definitive answer here because there really isn't one.

Many of the people who perceive it as being hard constantly cite how difficult it can be to pull off a certain rotation, jump cancelling and clipping mechanics etc. Really the challenge in being a good team dps is knowing your limits, same as any other role.

EDIT: INb4 the hardcore DPS players.
    • Like x 7
  5. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Trolling is only hard when you only have 2 trolls but since more players run with 3 it's pretty easy now.

But running the new alert I would say trolling is the hardest role atm.
  6. thenewkidd New Player

Depends on who is DPSing... and what Power is being used...

There are people that I have met where they were "top tier" powers and were almost beat out by the healer... in a raid...

There are others I have met that were "the worst power" (eg.. Electric or Earth) and beat out Celestial and Hard Light in DPS...

So my thoughts are thus...
    Difficulty is relative... It might be easy for me.. it might be hard for you... and visa versa..

Trolling might be easy for you, but hard for me.. Healing might be hard for some and easy for others... It's all relative.
    • Like x 4
  7. Avian Dedicated Player

• Like x 4
  8. IdontDps Committed Player

if you need three you just proved my point
    • Like x 2
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I don't think he said that we need three... Just a lot of groups run with 3 because they only need 1 healer for this stuff, or no tank.
    • Like x 1
  10. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Lol really?

Thank you^
    • Like x 1
  11. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

dps isn't hard, its glass cannon...and comes with a sense of arrogance for most and competitive irritation for others. Besides, people say its "hard" cause they suck at self preservation most times (blowing up their entire power bar, not using their weakened shields for any preservation) or the whole power overwrite bit which might need a look or 2 at in a general case (meaning both support roles and dps roles)
    • Like x 2
  12. KrilTsuuroth Well-Known Player

I made this mostly because this person(won't say any names) kept on going on and on about how DPS are the best compared to any role(trolls in particular) because of the competitiveness to be "top" on the scoreboard. Apparently DPSing takes more paying attention because there are no breaks.

Just wondering how everyone else felt. I know this may have been a bad topic...since people go ape s*** when it comes to a roles "superiority".
    • Like x 1
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea no. Not true.

The attention you give when in dps role tends to be more tunnel vision, while the support roles are looking out for way more people, so it's more broad. Different types of attention really.
    • Like x 1
  14. KrilTsuuroth Well-Known Player

Well according to him competitiveness equates to difficulty. I've been a DPS since day one and I personally see it as the easiest role in the game. Now that may be because I'm just good at it or it could be the simple fact that DPSing is just really easy. ::shrug::
  15. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Lol he should of tried to tank an EO when dox came out. Tanks were the hardest role when T5 came out.
    • Like x 4
  16. MCAZR New Player

Dps'ing is the easiest role for people who don't dps. It's pointless to have this type of discussion because most people don't play at a very high level.
    • Like x 3
  17. Dazuzi New Player

The person was me, but you're kind of missing most of the context, to but it simply: damage dealing requires the most effort if you want to reach the top, as in beat best of the best.

I also tried tanking before the nerf, that doesn't change anything, partly because it was nerfed and partly because it required more knowledge of the raid than effort.

Just to link you to the right threat so you can get the full context: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ard-to-understand.200087/page-14#post-2474258
  18. MCAZR New Player

Seriously? You find trolling more difficult? Really? What are you doing that makes trolling so difficult? My biggest challenge while trolling is trying not to fall asleep when I'm not in the mood to power a group.
  19. KrilTsuuroth Well-Known Player

I just wanted to hear others thoughts because this guy was making it seem like DPS have it harder than anyone else and that I was wrong for thinking otherwise. Simply curious. Although, I know this may breed arguments that I, and most likely everyone else, don't want to happen.
  20. KrilTsuuroth Well-Known Player

I do find that trolling is harder, yes. My problem with DPSing is also not trying to fall asleep from doing rotation after rotation and nothing else. At least when I troll I debuff, CC, give power, etc. Yes, yes, I already know "you don't need to CC" blah blah blah. I do it to give myself a challenge and fully utilize being a controller.
    • Like x 1