So are DPS just modding straight Might these days?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black Jaq, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

And ignoring every stat bonus from sockets? This is more a commentary than an OP thread. It's very noticeable trying to power someone who doesn't socket any power.
    • Like x 1
  2. EP Ice Loyal Player

Are you asking in every slot or just reds? I personally mod straight might in reds and might/power in yellow and might/health in blues.
    • Like x 5
  3. Jedierick New Player

I socket might for the most part but I am power based, so my power gen is already better than if I was weapon based. Being Ice DPS, I rarley run out of power when I am alone, and very rarely when I run duo, raid, and alerts. In raids it usually drains fully if I am the last man standing but that is about it. I don't have high SP, so if I want to hold my own I need to spec more might

Edit: I misunderstood OP, I only go full might in red sockets. Everything else is combo .
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yep the players I inspected put straight might in blue and yellow sockets.
  5. EP Ice Loyal Player

Oh! I don't know if there are any benefits to that. Hopefully, someone might have more input to share on if it's beneficial or not.
  6. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Doing that is a big mistake on their part (IMO). There are very good reasons for lighting up those affinities.
    • Like x 1
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

Shoulder and chest affinity: Weaponization, Prec

I'm totally going to want those as a Pfft DPS. Sure.
    • Like x 7
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I can not speak for anyone else.. I don't spend a lot of time Inspecting team mates..... But personally I slot Might/Power everywhere I can without losing any bonuses. My chest and legs (which require blue or purple) I slot Might/Health. So technically yeah every slot enhances my might but at the same time I add to my power to help keep me battling longer (and cutting the Troll a bit of a break) and my health so I can survive longer and stay in the fight.

Now I have seen players on here that flat out say they don't bother to mod at all anymore.
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You had some who would complain that you can only put 175SP in might..... they would want to pout 350+SP in might.

You can be sure that those Min/Max players put nothing but Might mods in their gear.

Not sure how many of them are out there..... but there are quite a few.
  10. Dene Devoted Player

Might/Power on all my red OP stuff for dual speccing (DPS/Troll)

There are two weapon specific affinities I ignore

Rest I follow Colour to get affinities
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

Someone erroneously said,,,,

Might matters on how competitive a power performs and .................

POOF!!!
    • Like x 3
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I see people putting might in all sockets. So they are ignoring head and leg.
    • Like x 3
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

When I have trouble healing a tank, I always inspect them. The problem is usually them.
  14. loupblanc Dedicated Player

For pftt, obviously no need to mod for the Precision Affinity. Those with the Power Affinity though, more power cannot hurt.

But if power is not an issue and people have maxed out the Might/Power stat at 175, then yeah, mod straight Might and push out more DPS.

But this might not apply for SM. The extra power probably helps.
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Back in the day, before the crazy T5 stat jumps was happening, players were speccing pure dom for tanks, pure vitalization for trolls, or full restoration for healers. This is nothing new when you have an epeen this big. Really, it comes down to what numbers they put out, they don't care about anyone else.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Socket bonuses have been utterly trashed. The only reason players were going for them were for the crit bonuses. They no longer attached those to gear. So going for the affinities is not really worth it if you can min max by ignoring them, then you are in your right to do so.

I know what you were going for with this topic, but players will do whatever they want with whatever gives them the numbers.
    • Like x 6
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

What I'm gathering is a lot of people specced Might/Power, saw no issues in groups where people did that and went all might to get more dumps for themselves. But in the same group were two Over-Healers that had no mods whatsoever. So everyone was scraping for power.
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Scoreboard chasers have been doing that since almost forever.
    • Like x 2
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Their intentions:
    If you spec power, you get more damage because you can do more high costs power.

Player views:
    Speccing power does nothing for my damage increase. So I'll just spec all might and yell at the trolls.

Devs reaction:
    Instant power is now a 300 cost.
    Power will be added to the might spec.

All I can say is, the devs kind of messed this one up. The power changes is great as it allows you to self manage your own power, but power seems to be strictly a DPS stat now. And a stat no one wants to go with.

But with that said, I only spec might and power in my yellows, or I should say, I only left my mods as is before the change. When I did rotations, after the change, I found a good raid loadout that does bleed power, but not the controller. I'm not a monster DPS and only top charts if the other members of the group aren't as good, but in the end, it's reliant on the fact I'm also over 300SP and can get all my might/power and have some generator mods in power.
    • Like x 1
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It's decisions like that that always makes me wonder....

Do the Devs even know their player base???

Although not just the Devs.... many posters don't seem to know the first thing about the DCUO players.:confused:
    • Like x 3
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

After the revamp, I actually went Prec based on my Earth toon has I had Reinforce III and like you, I had a power hungry rotation but the troll could sustain. I changed because it was melee and ranging for GOM killed my DPS. I prefer the consistency that PftT loadouts offer.