So after the stats update is released

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gimpy, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Gimpy Loyal Player

We have 2 roles and receive generator mods that can be used for one or the other but usually not for both,

could we get a 2nd set of placement slots in the generator for those mods used on the other role?

Also, an addition to the slot on the left of the soder slot on the hot-bar that functions like the trinket slot to add a few more choices to use in combat?

Like being able to place a shield or something similar that isn't used for damage but for defense.
    • Like x 9
  2. Gigga Watt Well-Known Player

I support this, no reason not to have a 2nd placement for alt role. As for the open slot area that was for 2nd weapon before WM came out, but they should use it for something or just make it another buff amulet slot not a trinket.
  3. krytine Loyal Player

First off all mods work for both sides and will help your toon either in dps or role. The numbers only help you.if you do massive pvp and still a bunch of pve I could see some different needs but for pve to switch roles you don't need to waist a devs time on that
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

you're saying dominance mods work just as well as might mods for a Quantum DPS?
    That instead of placing in might which helps my damage I should place dominance in and help my damage?

While the mods may work for both roles they are not actually best/beneficial for both roles.

How is asking for something after the stats update is released wasting(waste not waist) a Dev's time?

I left PvP when PvE gear was allowed into arenas and other on-duty PvP content.

I plan on doing a ton of PvE content.
    • Like x 3
  5. Gigga Watt Well-Known Player

I hardly think a programer will lose sleep adding another Gen mod slots lol. I bet eventually they will do it.
    • Like x 2
  6. krytine Loyal Player

OK Gimpy are you actually playing the game? Or do you not realize we were talking about generator mods? You have a row for reds then yellows then locations you can have might in one row and then one row for dom or resto then one row for health or power so how are you hurt for mods that help you
    • Like x 2
  7. Gimpy Loyal Player

The operative word being

OR.

Precision doesn't help a might based power in Damage but does help a controller recharge with weapons

the OR is the issue.

Why are you so defensive because I asked about being able to use ALL instead of 1 OR the other?

Yes, I'm playing the game and would like to have the mods I choose to use for each role available without having to delete/overwrite what is already in place.

Yes all are usable by each role but not ALL are beneficial to BOTH roles.

If you can't OR won't accept that then I have no other responses for you.

Before anyone goes there,

I actually mean slots for each role, 1 slot for Damage and 1 slot for tank/healer/controller, so the mods do not affect both roles which would essentially be "stacking" the bonuses given.

I don't want them stacking
    • Like x 3
  8. krytine Loyal Player

Dude you asked about dom over might. Like you don't know are were not aware of for base gens so either stop waiting time or learn the game that you are posting about.
    Now all mods are useful and you need to pick what stats you want to specialize in. You have multiple categories and that is what the OP was asking or debating about if so dom mods and might mods you can use at the same time with gen mods so if you would like to be taught something else let the community know we will be happy to teach you a few things and improve your understanding of the game
    • Like x 1
  9. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Really tho, your generator mods should be focused on your support role only. Unless you're a straight DPS or spend more time as a DPS over support, just my opinion. But if they ever were to make a second generator or something equivalent available, I would totally support that.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you may get the stats but who TF needs might as a healer that you know plays healer right not trys to DPS but heal half *** too and label it battle heal.

they need to have 2 rows in generator 1 for DPS and then 1 for support side, the support side can be a "1-in-all" type deal. Meaning it doesnt matter what support role you are you'll be able to socket the gen mods you get there.
    • Like x 1
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

and to snuff out any arguments well that leads to inflated stats nope, because while in DPS the supoort roles stats are deactivated, same for DPS stats, while in support role no DPS stats from generator mods.

No inflated stats. Or as some call it "stacking" of stats.

they could even give us a new generator when we switch to our off roles. Meaning we'll have a empty generator if we never played support, or for support only ppl never played DPS.

so essentially have 2 generators but 1 price to up-keep.
  12. krytine Loyal Player

Ummmmm really
    So someone could either go might or precision to help and if a healer knows how to heal then who wouldn't want a little more damage coming out of every person in a group. As I said those mods help round out your toon and my healer does a dam good job at healing and damage but that is a totally different thread and topic.
    But you have your red mods for your base you would be a fool not to use them as a healer tank or troll and each person can customize their own toon they want. It's not like they are gear mods that you have to think about which to use or are you forgetting we are talking about the freebe base mods gen stats that you get if you use them
    • Like x 2
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

they may be freebies now but come AFIII you will need to buy / craft them so enjoy the freebies.

yea maybe .00000000000000001% of dcuo can battle support the rest who try are utter failures and should never try it again. Their lack supporting groups is questionable to begin with then its those same ppl who insist on battle supporting all b/c "I've done this as battle x before we're fiiiine"
  14. krytine Loyal Player

OK not going to get into all of this but the problem most players forget is thier role first if you can do damage while doing your role that's how you do it. Not replacing role gear with ps gear or powers that don't benefit your role and most of those so called battle players are in to much of a rush to learn thier power how each works and what will benefit each power. But the base mods are a gimme. That will give your toon better stats beyond your gear or shore up some of your stats to allow you to do different things and even in dps role precision and might effectsay different powers differently so if you want more power add them if you want more health add that you have 4 slots in each row to place either or both. You have the choice in attacking effects or in health and power and they do effect both sidesequally
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've got two bases.... >.> <.< Add a button to Armory to select a base affiliation to get the generator mods in that base when you use an armory that has that option setup?
    /wary. ok.

Keep in mind, Red (might or precision), Yellow (dominance, vitality, or restoration) Blue (health or power). 2 choices per color. http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Generator_Mods
    What would be different in the other generator loadout??

I've got a troll/dps. I have Health, Vitality, and Might currently. If I had a 2nd loadout for specific roles? DPS would be Health, Vitality, and Might. Troll would be Health, Vitality, and Precision. meh. I don't care much about doing damage in Troll role. It's no big deal that I'm not maxed at precision for potentially more damage while i use WM in Troll role.

WM will not be available to provide the 1/2 power cost after statsmatter..... Would I want to alter Health for Power for a Troll build?? meh
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

Dude, like you said ALL mods help both roles, like you didn't know I was talking about swapping generator mods for use in the other roles and I replied just as erroneously as you did and loaded it with sarcasm.

I am the original poster and my 1st statement and question was, "We have 2 roles and receive generator mods that can be used for one or the other but usually not for both,

could we get a 2nd set of placement slots in the generator for those mods used on the other role?"

Now you are back-pedaling and actually saying what I said to YOU when you state, " you need to pick what stats you want to specialize in".

PRECISION DOESN'T HELP QUANTUM WHILE IN DAMAGE ROLE, it may be used in the slot but it doesn't give me the STATS I WANT.

YES, any and all generator mods are able to be used for either role but not all are beneficial for either role.

I want to use might on my damage role and precision on my controller role.

I want to specialize in precision not might for my controller role and want to specialize in might not precision for my damage role.

So DUDE are you still confused?

If so go back and read my 1st ORIGINAL POST until you're no longer confused.

You make a statement as if I don't know what I am talking about but YOU'RE the one who needs to buy a clue Sheerluck Homie.
  17. DcoyHd Level 30

Not sure if its been said already (as i tend to stop reading once arguments start) but a simple solution would be combination mods like how me make from durable bytes etc..

So prec and might mod dom and health or vit and power etc etc you get the idea

That way regardless of role you get a buff that benefits

As you said you want prec for troll and might for dps with a combination mod you could have them both (obviously it would be a lower stat than the full might)

But to be totally honest id rather have a role play its role rather than a heal trying to dps than healing....

Was in Rip in time elite and troll was saying hes not debuffing as hes going to keep using weapon to gain sc... you can do both!! Off topic sorry xD
  18. Gimpy Loyal Player

I thought of the same but I wouldn't want the lower numbers.

Now if they made gen mods that would give the role specific stats upon changing roles i.e.;

Might & Precision- damage role I get the might stats switch to controller I get the precision stats.

That would work for each section.
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Been doing it for years. :p You gonna call all of us half-***** again? Lol.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

While it would be nice to have generators dedicated to our roles. After the update, it won't matter. You'll want more damage overall for dps and support roles. Depending on what you play it will help. I do also understand the might and precision issue, but after the update and no more AMs everyone will need precision because we will all be back to using weapons. Even might based dps. None of the values are really big enough to break your role. It's one of those things that would be nice, but their honeydo list is already pretty long.