So about this Earth buff?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kharhaz, May 8, 2015.

1. Kharhaz Committed Player

Where is it?

Apparently Earth DPS got a buff. Solo content is all good, but for me, Im still stuck in tank role. I thought this update was for Earth, not Quantum and Mental.

So like I asked, where is the Earth buff?

My damage as Earth is still rubbish. Mental an Quantum is the way to go, as apparently this update has made these powers the go to guys.

So, where is this Earth buff?

oh yeah, Sorcery was the other power.

So were are these buffs? WHERE ARE THESE BUFFS?

Or was this a simple joke to piss us off even more?
    • Like x 1
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well from what I read Crystal was doing amazing damage on Test. Are you making sure that you're fighting enemies that aren't way above your CR? You do less damage now to enemies (including sparring targets) that have a CR higher than yours.
    • Like x 2
  3. Vyltran Loyal Player

How long have you been an earth user?.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kharhaz Committed Player

I gave you a like for this because yes you are right, crystal was doing amazing damage. They decided to nerf it before release. This is what gets on my nerves, what is the problem the devs have with earth? EVERY BLOODY TIME EARTH gets a buff, its frowned upon, the last buff we had a week, this time, we didn't even have that!

Im tired of it. Earth and Fire seem to be constantly screwed. I'm an old timer, been here for 3 years, and like many fire players, we want fairness but when it comes to buffing our powers, we are constantly screwed. ENOUGH'S ENOUGH. I'm tired of it, give me a reason to play, and not quit.
    • Like x 7
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

It's not what was shown on test the damage has been brought down a bit since then ...it's not horrible but quantum mental ongoing other top of the line powers still have an edge but it's on par with hardlight and gadgets
  6. Kharhaz Committed Player

Earth can now solo content quicker. That is the only buff it got.
  7. Kharhaz Committed Player

No it isnt. Have Earth, HL and Gadgets solo Raven.

Earth is still well short.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm earth and I'd have no trouble keeping up with gadgets and hardlight with the load out and rotation they I'm using
  9. Kharhaz Committed Player

ahh sorry, I mean as DPS. Tanking is not a problem, but this update gave me the impression I can have a choice. I was sorely mistaken.
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I
    im talking dps too or else I would t have brought up hl and gadgets
    • Like x 1
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If you're talkin outside raven bounty I soloed it last night no problem
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

What's your loadout and what distance are you from the enemy?
  13. WingedMedic Level 30

Maybe you just aren't good with earth? Because I am hitting 10-22k every few seconds with crystal and my additional damage I'm crushing other dps. Tweak your loadout
    • Like x 2
  14. Kharhaz Committed Player

We may be at crossed wires here, can you solo raven with earth? Keeping up with those powers mentioned?
  15. Kharhaz Committed Player

22k with crystal is still not good. Maybe im not good with earth? Do you know what? maybe your right. **** it.
  16. urf01 Well-Known Player

Same
  17. Veritech Loyal Player

Solos: godmode
    Duos: cant touch this
    Alerts: top tier
    Raids: depends what kind of health the mobs/bosses have. Not competitive in thrones at all.
    • Like x 2
  18. Kharhaz Committed Player

Actually, thinking on your answers, and you clearly know your stuff. What advice would you offer?

what load out would you suggest?

you have a plus 1 already, so please, share your expertise.

for the record, you are hitting for nothing, crystal is hitting.

however, you know your stuff so i will bow to the master.

where are you placing on the scoreboard? would it be worth you tanking?

or are you that spare wheel?
  19. Kharhaz Committed Player

This.
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Earth got a 13% increase. It needed a 30% increase to be competitive. I agree with Kharhaz, why did they reduce the damage when it would have been fine released as it originally was? The feedback given was that Earth was outperforming a broken version of Quantum, so they reduced Earth's damage and fixed Quantum to make Quantum stronger than it was before the update. Now instead of Earth being on par with the new version of Quantum, it is 17% weaker than the current Quantum.

The above was based on tests with the DPS parser and the following Earth loadout, so if a better loadout exists, please share:

Totem, Reinforce, Fortify Golem, Rumblecrush, Debris Field, Crystal

Quantum:

Time Bomb->Distortion Wave->Tachyon Blast->Time Shift (Vortex)->Warp Barrage
    • Like x 1