So about the resources...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, May 1, 2017.

1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I hear each time the devs have limited resources to use in the game, which is why basically they've been doing the time capsules (with feats attached to them)

So as a question, why are we wasting them into making new icons for previous events? Since halloween all the icons from the old seasonal events have been updating, that's a waste of resources in my opinion. They were fine and we could be using those resources to fix bugs?

I know stats revamp is the focus right now which is also why you did the UI for the loadouts recently, but why havent' we fixed major issues like the lag in the broker among other things?
    • Like x 4
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

most likely not everyone can code those who design icons would be probably lost in fixing bugs and we would end up with a GU full of bugs , wait maybe they tried to use those resources with last GU :p
    • Like x 2
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

None of those things are either related or handled by the same department.
    • Like x 5
  4. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Why do the artists have time to make useless art when they could fix bugs? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  5. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I know, I like the art don't get me wrong, what I'm complaining about is mostly the fact that they always say "we don't have resources to fix this or that" and by resoruces I mean money and time ofc.

You know if it's the art department fixing stuff then they could fix other more important art related stuff, a lot of outdated icons in powersets as well or a ton of other art related things than the simple icons that were fine to start with.
    • Like x 3
  6. JasonIsley Devoted Player

They could be lacking in man power or specific software for that particular area of the game. It's not always about money.
    • Like x 2
  7. Gimpy Loyal Player

As a kid growing up the parents would say, " We don't have the money for that.".

Which I later learned in my teen years they were saying, " We're not going to spend what we have on that."

My thought on the artwork being updated, any time you can clean up code and hopefully do it with less space being taken up it's a good thing.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Not agreeing with OP, since Art and Programming are two different development teams, but manpower IS about money. The team has to be paid, which is why they downsized the CS team when they got bought out by Columbus Nova and became Daybreak.

I think OP is asking why aren't they hiring more developers to fix bugs. They are getting a significant amount from Time Capsules alone.
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes, why pay for more pretty stuff, when our old stuff is broken.

My only example, which backs the OP'S question. When the very first test hit. The notes showed everything they had done. Most were about the powers themselves. Then this one little line where they changed the visuals of reflect and winter ward around. If this isnt a great example of wasted resourse, I don't know what it.
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

well man power is not only about money, u need skilled employee and they are not easy to get nor are they always available in ur area, sure u can always try to lure some from different places but there is way more involved than just money besides not everyone wants to leave their countries/certain areas... but a specific software is only about money, u can hire a software development company anywhere on the world.
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

Did you really just say "it's not always about $$$"

TCs and RNG are laughing right now
  12. BumblingB I got better.

They aren't even listing any new jobs to enlarge the team more. Quality matters but they are still using a smallish team.

They could hire programmers to just work on bugs but that costs money to give another person 20-50k a year.
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

FYI
    As I'm not arguing with you..

Results of a 2010 survey in the United States indicate that the average salary for a game programmer is USD$95,300 annually. The least experienced programmers, with less than 3 years of experience, make an average annual salary of over $72,000.
  14. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I'm not saying they don't have the money, I'm saying the money isn't the issue here.
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

The point we're trying to make is they need more hands on deck since most if not all the programmers are working on the revamp/upcoming episode.
    • Like x 1
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

2017, u get annually around 65k $ in Germany if u are experienced... rip off
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Oh I was thinking that in my head, but I went low end.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

Ok, since when has making money NOT been the priority of DBG?
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

And that's why most games don't come out of Germany. ;) They flock to where the money is.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Most programmers, where I'm at, are contracters. There is ZERO reason support could not be contracted to another company or bring in small teams a couple times thru the year.

Not saying they will, but they could.
    • Like x 1