So about the Broken....er....BrokER

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So the broker has been wonky more than usual for a few weeks now. Seemingly since the fix was applied for the PS crashes (thanks again for that). Co-incidence or was whatever buffer/memory issue that caused the crashing also tied to displaying things in the broker?

For the record, if they are....I guess the broker will just stay busted, as I'd gladly trade that headache for the crashing one being resolved. I'd doubt the 2 are related though....so in that case....any update?
    • Like x 6
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I would like it fixed to. I can search for items, but I can't search for values off items I want to sell.
    • Like x 4
  3. Joybird Committed Player

• Like x 1
  4. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Well, it does seem a little bit better. Usually doesn't work on the first try for me but second time around seems to work so long as you do your search by using triangle only (don't highlight with X button). Well more often than not anyways, and they sorted out the "Violet Lantern Reward Box" thing too... finally lol. I think that was a big part of the glitch.
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

It's just way past time for a broker overhaul and fix for the economy. I'd love for the devs to force everyone into the broker for player purchases. Itd eliminate scams, seller bots and excessive inflation. To this, I'd suggest raising the cap of the broker to 3 billion, and eliminating player money trades. At the same time, introduce a account money option in the shared bank, for alt characters. Allow players to still trade items for items, but not for cash. Seeing some ask 6-10 billion, and sometimes more, for items in trade is insane. Theres no need for that type of greed, and when a player accumulates over 5 billion they can seriously manipulate the broker with that cash. Also, when these players bypass the broker they bypass the listing fee which helps to take money out of the system....which is needed to curb inflation. The way the economy is now, directly impacts time capsules and booster bundles, and making these fixes would increase participation.
    • Like x 1
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

Hmm, I can't say that I've seen any
    Item
    Item
    Item
    Item
    Item
    Item
    Item
    Item
    Item
    • Like x 7
  7. wisetoons Well-Known Player

How can you manipulate broker with 5b?
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

Nothing in the broker is priced over 1 billion. Further, only about 10% of items are over 800 million. That leaves 90% of items in there under 800 million. I've never had more than 2 billion at a time because I spend my cash almost as fast as I get it, and even I have manipulated the broker by buying up all stock of one item, and then listing one of those items for over the total of all the items, then periodically put one or more in after the one sells. With 5 billion you could easily do this with at least 50% of the listings. There are players with over 100 billion, which means they could mathematically buyout the entire broker if they chose to do so. And I know many gold sellers manipulate the market to sell outside of it.

5 billion is just about the minimum to make an impact, butvthere are players and gold sellers far far past that.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Personally I find this 2nd to when you go to list something...press triangle, then get...well maybe something...maybe nothing. Better exit out and go back into inventory and press triangle again to make sure you aren't under/over listing something expensive. Oh, wait...yeah, there are 9 of them in there....guess someone just listed 9 of them during that refresh.

It is slightly higher though, than the 'I want to add something...scroll up' ' buy the top item?'....'no...scroll UP'...'so top item?'....'no...scroll UP!!'....'go to the left highlighting everything along the way you say?'

....'ugh...exit and try again I guess'.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Mostly by bulk buying semi expensive items and relisting for very high prices...hoping those who don't know better will buy your expensive items before someone who DOES know better lists one at a realistic price under you.

Mostly you'd see this with items that fall in the 100-200m range from TCs, like the 10th or 11th collection pieces. Easy enough to buy the 2 or three that might be there for 100m, then relist both for 600m and 800m. You blow about 70m on listing fees and 200 on the purchase, but many times you will sell the 600m one as it looks 'attractive' and maybe you get the 800 sold as well. Worst case, someone lists one for 100m severely under cutting yours, which you can then even buy, and list for 700 or whatever. You'd still only need 1 to sell to make your entire spend back and a profit...and 2 more to sell later.

People will do it with way less expensive things too...like OP collections from Omni boxes. Buy them all at 10-20m, then relist a few for 100-140m. It's a bigger gamble as those are likely to be restocked by someone, but again....it only has to work a few times.

5B would allow for a lot of control on a few items,
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

You're giving the game away...
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh...there aren't that many players that read the posts here. Your hustle is safe.
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

I don't do that much anymore, to be perfectly honest. That IS how I started my dragon hoard, though. After a bit, it's just running up the score for no point. But for other people that are looking to make cash, that's a great way to do it, if you have the funds.
  14. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

lmao

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Dude....pick up that 'item' at $1....might be a rubber chicken...might be 'Flaming Phoenix Feather'....sounds like a bargain either way.
    • Like x 2
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This fix is underway. We'll keep the bug thread up to date.
    • Like x 8