Smarter pets

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Oct 21, 2021.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

My Brick is dying from the reflection in TDE. The pets need better AI or mechanics can't effect them. I had the same problem in the last elite alert. Brick and Fury keep dying in the orbital strike and the beam on the last boss. Now Brick is dying from WW reflection. I imagine the same can be said for fury. Make the AI better plz
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So we’ve had reflect mechanics plenty recently, but pets are usually unaffected. I guess this is an exception because it’s ancient. Maybe needs bringing up to date?
  3. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Half of the time, my robot sidekick just blows up the moment I summon him. I don't even bother using it anymore, pets are just really buggy. They barely do any significant damage, why not just make them invulnerable to NPC damage.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I would prefer the Quislet treatment. Where they auto summon themselves upon death.
    • Like x 1
  5. JailhouseBat Active Player

Depending on your power you might be able to clip the summon and he'll immediately shield himself.
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

This, 100%. Great solution.

He'll blow up immediately after a summon sometimes, nothing I can do to nullify this effect. He doesn't even have time to pop his shield lol.
  7. JailhouseBat Active Player

If he gets killed during a fight yes he can be hard to get back but gadgets Battle Display for example he can be clipped and immediately pops a shield.
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I'm not Gadgets so I can't try that clip but oh well.
  9. JailhouseBat Active Player

What power are you?
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Munitions
  11. JailhouseBat Active Player

I'm already thinking mini-nuke but i'll have to check when i log in.
  12. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I tried clipping him with Mini-Nuke but he still blows up instantly when I summon him. This doesn't happen all the time but it does once in a while, especially after he's been destroyed. It seems to last until I switch Armory or logout.
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah only thing I try to do is run away from range and re summon my RSK or pet if possible, sometimes that works but it means I have to stop being in combat and quit my loadout rotation as a result. Sometimes just trying to clip in my pet isn't guaranteed and I can just get interrupted anyways so anything you do feels like a gamble regardless.
  14. JailhouseBat Active Player

Shrapnel grenade launcher was kinda workable but no not like gadgets.
  15. JailhouseBat Active Player

Actually i have an update lol. Robot sidekick clip to Killer Instincts works just as well.
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

regarding robot sidekick:

RSK blows up when you're interrupted during the summon - this can occur in a number of ways, though it's usually as a result of being hit. If you blow him up and he "locks", hold the RSK summon ability for three seconds, it will reset - you'll still be out nine seconds but you won't have to change armory, logout, or die to re-summon RSK.

It's not a friendly clip with most offensive Abilities, but it's generally safe to clip RSK with a Shield or PDF, because you're protected and it summons successfully, plus it's a fast clip. This is not intended as a replacement for Gadgets Turret Clip mechanics - this is intended to get your spare target and 6-7K free damage a second back in the fight quickly.

And RSK (as well as most any other pet) will almost always suicide on things like Amazonium Deflection. There's basically nothing you can do to prevent it, except for apply the two above tips in order to get them back in the fight quickly so they can keep killing or keep dying, depending on why you have them around.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

RSK - > Whatever your aggro drop is.
    • Like x 1
  18. OnlyNomad The One Above All

RSK will blow up on me while I'm summoning him in the House of Legends/WT sometimes. Might just be a bug, what also helps is holding down my button when summoning him.
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Yeah I don't use that in my loadout. Anyway RSK is just a filler for my loadout and I don't need him much, I just have him there because I don't need or use another power in that loadout.
  20. JailhouseBat Active Player

I used RSK for single target boss fights mostly. I dont know if you saw but RSK to Killer Instincts clip did actually work.