Small request for the devs.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BabyBoyzim, Dec 4, 2022.

1. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Please, please,I ask a third time, please…… do something about coast city always popping for omni alerts.

Matter of fact, please do anything with omni so that it’s truly random and not coast city/Fos 2 all day long. Thanks.
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

What is your CR? You can only run the instances in the tiers you have unlocked. But, Omnibus isn't totally random. From my understanding, it just fills instances Q'd in custom by other players. So, say one player used custom Q to run a certain raid they need to play. 7 other people who choose Omnibus will be used to fill that request. The only time it is completely random is if you use Omnibus to Q a solo, or any other content with a full group.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Assuming that's true...it's amazing how many people are queuing FOS2...cause it comes up...A LOT. I'm unaware of any reason people would need to visit that long PITA run (seeing as many people can't navigate it) other than few few feats that likely MOST people have off a CR skip grant. Coast city I don't see as much, but I generally queue in with full groups for omni alerts. On full groups it does seem much more true 'random'.
  4. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Think about it though. All us long time players remember FoS2 as being "that" raid. Back in the day there were groups that just couldn't get past the bridge at all, others just got lucky. Right now you're thinking of and looking at FoS2 through a longtime players eyes. Nothing wrong with that btw, but its a different view altogether.

New players, despite all the changes made over the years to the game, likely still get as stuck in FoS2 as we did. You see new players walking around at 107 CR with 0 exp put into their Artifacts too.

I had a free day a few months back and decided to test the omnibus out. Every FoS2 I landed in was because at least, and I mean at least, 3 players there needed it. But it wasn't overwhelmingly FoS2 over and over again. It was a majority, but not by a large margin at all. Some people are being fairly "creative" when talking about omnibus needing to be fixed to be honest. My general rule is ask them for a number, the amount of times they say they landed in Raid X, and then Quarter that number.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I suppose there could be 1 guy who's never gotten through that raid....does not have the feats....and never catches a competent group. I sure wish that guy would build a group and just run it though....cause he's there...a LOT, queuing up.

BTW....We all had 0 in our artifacts when FOS2 was out, because we had no artifacts. The biggest issue in that raid is lack of communication...not lack of CR/SP/Artis.
  6. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

That's the thing, there's not just "that 1 guy", there's many. I know there's a lot of folks who love the Monthly "DCUO is Dying" threads popping up, but if you run Omnibus as much as I do you'll start noticing that there's a hefty amount of fresh players and/or levelling characters.

The point about the Artifacts wasn't about FoS2 directly btw, I mentioned cr 107 which means FoS2 makes no sense, the requirement for FoS2 is literally just "CR30+". I was pointing out how new players are still unaware of how important certain game mechanics can be. I'm looking at one right now. I can't name the toon due to Forum T&Cs but they're cr 217 here and have 2 Artifacts, one is 20 and another is 14.

But I digress, I'm not saying the Omnibus system is 100% perfect. I can't say that, I haven't ever had a chance to look the code over. But I can say that testing it the only way it can be tested, and actually communicating with the players in these Raids, most if not all of them were chosen by someone who needed it. It's also worth remembering that unless you have a league helping you level, you usually have to run the same raids over and over in order to get your CR high enough to meet the next requirement. In essence, that part of the game is pretty much a softlock.
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

If ya look at the options for raids though, I'd rather run FoS2 than any of the Batcaves and Kahndaq. Although FoS1 or 3 would be better.....but to progress past that tier newer players probably have to run FoS2 at least once unless they spam duos or something.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was facetious about the '1 guy'...however it does seem that as much as it comes up, there is a disproportionate percentage of '1 guys' to people who ran it...and aren't re-running it.

And there is no particular reason to run FOS2 vs FOS3, Prime, Oan, or Joker's funhouse or any number of other T1 runs... to increase CR. All are T1 and drop the same adjustable gear....yet, FOS2 seems to get run a bit more than the others. Now 99% of the times I'd see one of these runs pop up, I do something else, so I can't say I've ever polled the people who land in there to see if anyone queued or if we are all random, but even if I did...or you do...there's no telling you'd get answer either way. It would be cool if maybe you could see 'omni' or 'custom' info on the scorecard....for one thing it would help when you get invited to fill an omni run and DON'T get credit afterwards. At least you could look and see if the system thinks you are an omni runner before finding you won't be paid for the run.

And no...Omni is not perfect by any means, the biggest reason for that isn't the code...it is the people who run it....which the devs have no control over. Your 217 CR guy example is just confirming that. Just not sure why they all like FOS2 so much.:rolleyes:
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Prime and Gates are in T1 and drop better gear if you are NOT choosing the attuneable gear. Again...there would be no reason to run FOS2 in particular other than just to say you tried it, to get one of the 3 or 4 feats in there if you did not have a skip token applied somewhere, or you need the investigations and briefs. I'd run Prime or Gates via Omni 10x before I'd run FOS2 once.

And as much as I hate how long the Batcaves are...and Khandaq, FOS2 has the dubious problem of if people come in when you are on last boss....they can almost never get to you and end up out the the fight. I've seen more people come in on a late entry FOS2 and just wander around the map...probably not even getting that last boss loot. That spot where the map doubles back on itself screws most new players up.
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

You can tell by CR who chose to run because they needed it, in most cases. The person or person(s) with CR under 88, or whatever the top end is, is the person who Qd it up.
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The problem with FOS 2 is people who didn't run it originally keep screwing up. They run around Superman and Lex which stops them from moving toward the doorways so they get stuck.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh, I'd guess you are correct on who is queuing it....just the 'why' that gets me. Especially if it's not their first 'hmmm what is this raid about' look around.

Either way...doesn't really matter except a few extra 60 second deserter delays to opt out. I hope they get through it, so next time they can queue a better raid.
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Didn't you know? There is a Serial Que-er out there just standing around queueing all the bad stuff all day ;)