SM water healing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Mar 23, 2021.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So it's time to get thru SM so I've switches to water. Just at rd 15 now. So looking to see if this loadout will be viable from others experiences. Shields seem to be more important than healing so:
    Arts: orb/ eog/ page (all 200s, can also use trans or purple?)
    Priority heal/ bubble/ rip tide/ 8plyr shield/ 4plyr group heal/ and flood of power. That's the one that I'm thinking I should just swap to bloom maybe?
    Non green spam, thinking the same but replacing flood of power with the pool. Thoughts?

(If anyone has an easy ((I'm switching back after sm)) dps loadout, please lmk). La mort/ solar/ trans/ eog/ source/ grim for artis available, all 200s)
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

Water Veteran over here :D

So for SM I now have 3 armories, but basically use 2 armories / builds for the runs.

1st one is EoG-Spam-Build
    - Prio Heal
    - Group Heal
    - Tempest Guard
    - Bubble
    - Bloom
    - Movement SC
    Arts: EoG - Scrap - Page

With scrap and eog on 200 you can basically perma-spam SCs without loosing SC.

2nd one is Normal-SM-Build
    - Prop Heal
    - Group Heal
    - Tempest Guard
    - Bubble
    - Riptide
    - Flood of Power
    Arts: PHR - Trans - Page

This build is a more basic approach to rotate your shields with riptide. Shields are incredible OP in SM. That being said. I saw elec in R25+ and saw a group with celest healer finishing R30.

For the 2nd build you can also replace Trans with EoG and use it for either Flood of Power or a 25% supercharge. That would be a combination of the 2 builds. Depends for me on the group and their need of shields.
    I wouldn't use SoS (AoE Heal), but simply because I don't like it :D

For DPS (just quick might loadouts)
    Depth Charge - Bubble - High Tide - Shark - Tsunami Strikes - Call of Depth
    Arts: EoG - Scrap - Trans

Single Target
    Ebb/Flow - Depth Charge - Bubble - HV - Torrent - SC
    ARts: Trans / Strat / Solar
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Sounds perfect, thank you. Can't do anything with scrap since that's the one arti I fed into eog a long time ago. Still regret it so now I rarely feed artis into new ones.
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Random question that has me thinking. Riptide reset, anyone ever try it with the finisher? Thinking la mort stacks. Just wondering if there's something that keeps riptide from working in dps role. Noob life with water clearly. But thinking for st, I could pretty much just be blasting off super/ hv/ finishers over n over
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

You can clear the cooldown from the finisher with riptide. If it stacks with la morte idk :D but should work.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Cool, I'll give it a... rip. Ha. La mort pairs with finisher for faster cooldown/ more damage and when your target hits 35% health, it triggers the stacks you've put on. Basically like hitting a 5k super on a boss from numbers I've seen. Especially if it crits. Works really well with rage since it has a combo finisher. Thinking this would make it an 8 tick/ double stacker. Just thinking of weird stuff to try in my head. Wishing I had a quislet again lol
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

It should work. Basically you can also use venom as prec more often with the prec buff + riptide
  8. L T Devoted Player

I tested this a lot on the test server. It works... It builds stacks faster, and th single target damage is decent with solar/trans/lamort

But at the sparring target I couldn't find a rotation that was an absolute slam dunk improvement over the one Tilz mentions above. There's a quick animation to Riptide, but it results in a noticeable and awkward down time when paired with torrent.

Pre-adjustment, resetting pressurize for an extra venom proc was a big win, but now it seems like it's too much work for too little benefit...though at least it clips nicely in that case.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, it does feel odd. The reset almost seems to make the timing worse. Trying a few things out and right now:
    Solar/source/grim
    Ebb to flow, finisher, heat vision on repeat. Rsk out, godwave whenever I can. 10k super in. It is impressing me so far. Trying to find some of my usuals to match up to but parses high 50 to low 60s in 10secs st so it's close to where I was with sorc. Not running sm tonite on main so just trying it in random raids now