SM and why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Anti Bezz, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Anti Bezz New Player

I know people run it for the challenge or a t-shirt, but what about feats. I mean getting feats for like every 5 rounds or so would be nice also. Just a thought
    • Like x 1
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I always agreed. Tough to get excited for a piece of content that offers nearly no reward. As someone who hasn't changed his style in 3 years, I really don't care for any style items.

I get that they don't want to tie it to progression, but would small feats every few rounds really be labeled as progression? Say every 2 rounds there was a 10 point feat. Would people really be up in arms about that?
    • Like x 9
  3. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

They said no feats or gear will ever drop from SM. As SM is not really content but a filler till the next DLC.
    • Like x 11
  4. ChuckLess New Player

I wanna say "are you new here?". But I know that's not true :p
    • Like x 11
  5. Ogat New Player

It's really just for fun, for the inner nerdiness for the peer pressure for loadout testing for the challenge. I never ever cared for any kind of reward in SM. A Video Game is ultimately supposed to be fun, for some people fun means challenge, and since we're denied that in the normal content, we're happy we got SM.
    • Like x 9
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

SM is not about game progression it's for hardcore players and bragging rights. Also for making money on the broker. :p
    • Like x 16
  7. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

I can see the money thing. Those base items from Trigon SM were awesome.
    • Like x 2
  8. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I didn't want feats in stuff that was going to be around for a month or so like survival mode (seasonal stuff is different) but now that were getting feats in that legends pve stuff I say put feats in survival mode just do it like .

Play survival mode 5 times .
    Collect 5-10 base items from survival mode.
    Collect a chest piece of any color.

Don't make them crazy or stupid make it to were most people who can que up for it have a chance to get them .
    • Like x 4
  9. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

The Problem is as simple as some of those seem, in random pugs, they can be anything but. Which I am ok with, because Survival Mode was never about the PuG groups. As others have said, it is about providing challenging content to a group of people who will otherwise never get it, because SOE has to cater to a wider net of customers.

Honestly, I think Survival Mode is fine. Leave it as is so the Hardcore gamers can have something that challenges them.
    • Like x 4
  10. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Survival mode is not that challenging and to some with all the other issues in the game most see it as a waste of time and resources if they did add feats for it more people would support it .
    • Like x 1
  11. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

And if there are feats attached to it, it will become required content. Which will create the very problems we have now.

Can you Honestly tell me you would run a piece of content you failed at 5 times, even for a feat? Add on a feat for every 2 rounds, and you are now half way to a full skill point. Which 90 percent of the playerbase will never get, because they lack the skill to get to the higher rounds.

I am sorry, but I am sticking to my opinion on this. SM does NOT need feats attached to it.
    • Like x 4
  12. Unida Dedicated Player

This has been asked and answered a multitude of times, but here it is again....

SM is not intended as a means of advancement in the game - meaning that there are no (and will never be any) feats towards SP or gear drops towards improving CR. It's purely a mechanism of graduating difficulty which allows groups to test their ability to survive and complete rounds. Annnnnnd bragging rights is a bonus.

Unique base items and styles are the only tangible rewards here and it's prefect the way it is.

I also liked how they did a new cut scene in the trigon as well so thats another bonus for those able to reach that level.

Before you sink hours of time into something like SM, please be aware that it is optional and not part of character progression in terms of SP/CR.

It's still a ton of fun tho :)
    • Like x 6
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Well there adding feats in the legends pvp and there both suppose to be short term content so why should one have feats and the other shouldn't ? Most don't like legends pvp is it fair that they won't get the SP from that ? I just think if your going to have feats for one short term content you need to have them for all.
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Because Legends PvE is treated as a seasonal meant to be played for feats/items or just to enjoy something. SM is meant for top end players who have already done everything and need something to beat.
    • Like x 3
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The concept has always been Survival Mode is for proving how strong you are, not for making yourself stronger. This way we can maintain the high difficulty level without angering those whose skills prevent them from obtaining any related feats.
    • Like x 29
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I get that, but if there were 10 point feats for every 2 rounds beaten, would it really be that detrimental? Since SM rolls around every few months and our gear is always increasing, then people will always be able to access it. It's not like the feats will always be hidden behind a wall, as people get more gear, feats will be easier to attain (at least for the early rounds). Even if they dont get them, a 10 point feat every 2 rounds wouldn't even be a full skill point for 10 rounds completed, something that only 2 (?) teams have completed in the 2 SM runs to date.

Half a skill point isn't exactly setting the world on fire.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Heh.
    • Like x 9
  18. Lacedog Loyal Player

I think I feel pretty similar to how you feel about SM. With that said, half a skill point isn't going to make me run what's being put out now any more than I already do. (4 total attempts at both when we could get a league run going)

I'm still waiting for a mode where you can walk in with any number of teammates, up to 8 of course, and face endless waves of adds. Kinda like when Mepps attacks the wt/hod. That's something fun you can run anytime as long as you want to without worrying about disconnects or personal matters holding up people etc....
    • Like x 1
  19. Nemisor Committed Player

you have to view SM for what it is. a way for the really good players to test themselves, have some fun and show off ( not meaning that in a bad way)
    • Like x 2
  20. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

There's a big difference between 'seasonal' PvE Legends, and SM. You have to be top tier at the time that SM is active to get any rewards. For Legends PvE, you just have to queue.

I am opposed to feats or progression on SM, it should just be for bragging rights.
    • Like x 2