Slow Installation

Discussion in 'PC Technical Support' started by Qwerty, May 4, 2013.

1. Qwerty New Member

I installed the game and working fine but is it normal that it installs slow? or do I have to re-install? :)

Thanks in advance
  2. petvpets Well-Known Member

well, it does have to download 17- odd gigs. Maybe that had something to do with it ?
  3. Qwerty New Member

Thanks but is there anyway to make it faster? :)
  4. Physique Well-Known Member

It depends on what your internet speeds are. I typically get about 35-40 mps download so it doesn't take very long for many games to download and install. I think DCUO took a total of about 20 minutes to install for me, maybe a little longer but not much. I would recommend that you run a speed test to figure out what your internet speeds are and that will allow you to sort out why you may or may not be going slowly.
  5. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Physique's right. It all goes down to your internet connection speed. I'd also recommend closing any other running programs so they computer can just focus on the download. Hope it helps!
  6. Prince Jayachi New Member

Ahahaha! I play DC Universe Online on the PC and PS3. When I downloaded it on the PS3 I let it install over the night because of the slowness. It took about 5+ hours to Install. I just downloaded it on my computer and I'm waiting for it to install. It's been about 3 hours and is on only 3.3% downloaded. My internet speed is fast, but when I tried the speed test up above, It was only like 20/100. I need to know, What I can do to improve the speed and How good the speed has to be to install faster. I did the math to see how long the installation will take and it ended up being 8 days and 3 hours. If it takes that long, I have a feeling it will be super laggy and not worth playing, can someone take this Joke serious and put a smile on my face? Heh, Heh, Heh.
  7. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

^^ He must be a villain. :p
    • Like x 1
  8. mark jenroll espino New Member

What's Your Internet Speed ??
  9. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Yea, you may want to run a speed test to make sure you're utilizing the fastest connection possible (for what you paid for)
  10. mark jenroll espino New Member

My Net Speed Is 3.34 Mbps ..
  11. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Have you contacted your ISP to see if it's directly connecting? (No firewalls or anything blocking)
  12. LadyLightning Well-Known Member

3.34 mbit/s which means ~200 Mbit/min. This equals roughly 25 MB/min and is 1503 MB/h, which equals roughly 1,5 GB/h.

The game has an aproximate size of 21 GB and therefore it will probably take you more than 14 hours to download the game with that internet speed.

You can only do what the others said to try to increase the conection speed.
  13. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

14. green lantern alex New Member

well my download speed is 10.01mbs and my upload speed is 1.04mbs but im not sure the upoad speed matters but is my download speed okay.
  15. green lantern alex New Member

its been a day and its on 94.2% is that good.i had an existing file but i acedentally deleted.
  16. Desdelel New Member

my internet speed is between 43.5-58.0 Mbps and it is still going slow
  17. MidnightStranger New Member

Hey guys, I have a much worser problem, I have a slow internet, and a really slow and old computer, the launcher loads 1 mb only every 24 seconds, it's starting to break my computer since I have let it load the game overday and night. I want a fix where i try to change settings on my computer, deleting things, disabling things, etc, just help me...
  18. OnceUponATime Well-Known Member

Will your computer actually be able to run the game once it's finished downloading? I just fear that if you're having this many problems and it's already starting to "break your computer" (how?) that you may finally finish and then still find yourself unable to play. The only real way to speed up the download on your PC would be to make sure as little as possible is using your line - even so with a broadband connection it should be done by now... What are your specs? What connection do you have?
  19. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Does your computer meet the minimum specs to run the game? When you say you have a slow internet connection, whats the exact speed ?
  20. Ali New Member

my download speed is 1.35 mbps is it good thing or a bad thing when downloading dcuo