Skillpoints in PvP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by SSJ Carlos, Dec 27, 2013.

1. SSJ Carlos New Player

It seems like soe is going through alot of trouble trying to create balance with removal of replay badges for pvp and huge health increases in pvp gear. Love and support the changes. Removal of replays in pvp is why i'm back.

The gap in skillpoints in increasing soon veteran players will have double the amount through massive amounts of PvE. Skillpoints is probably one of the biggest contributions pve has to pvp. Especially since soe has added more innates to the weapon trees.

Is this seen as an issue?

Ps I'm all about playing street fighter for my good balance fighting game fix. I also love legends PvP this being part of the reason.
    • Like x 1
  2. aganusn New Player

You need to clarify your post. What are you proposing, exactly?

You want to close the SP gap? Get more SP. PVP has nothing to do with you, as a player, looking at your feat menu and picking one to go for. You get feats for farming, do that.

Some feats you can only get by grinding over time, so have some patience and work on them.

The people that have 150+ SP have been playing longer than you, so why should they be punished for that?
    • Like x 2
  3. Kroye Loyal Player

"But I don't want your PVE skillpoints affecting my PVP! PVE skillpoints shouldn't be allowed in PVP and should automatically unequip when you enter an arena."

It's coming.
    • Like x 3
  4. compasionate grenade Committed Player

The 2nd tier innates are not so great as u think . U will be fine without them.
    • Like x 1
  5. 478874 Dedicated Player

Sticks and skills still pay the bills.
  6. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

"Another I don't have something so you shouldn't post" . I swear it's stuff like this that makes me wish that the only pvp in this game was legends because the constant crying of the pvp crowd has messed up this game they have messed up powers/ weapons countless times because people get beat and come on here and cry now some yahoo wants to start crying about SP .
    • Like x 2
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

Ah the joys of "power creep".... Perhaps once they get rid of those replay badges players will shoot up in terms of being geared up to the max with their consolation prize money a bit faster.

Of course they may still just seek out ways of blameing others for their seeming inability to win, such as:

"No fair, he's been around longer and spent more time building his skillpoints/has better stats than me! That's why I can't beat him."
    "No fair his power-set is overpowered! Nerf his powers so I can beat him!"
    "No fair I got saddled with these incompetent noobs running around in PvE gear! They shouldn't be allowed to drag me down, get rid of PvE gear in PvP"
    "My team is full of idiots that don't know how to play, why do I always get stuck with the noobs?"
    "You keep ganging up on me! If we were in 1v1 I'd totally be able to pwn each and every one of you!"
    "This map isn't fair/favors the winning team because of spawn placement..."
    "Stupid lag"

That's not to say that the complainer is always wrong... Sometimes you really do end up loosing PvP because of things beyond your control.(That's not to say that it makes it good sportsmanship to throw a tantrum about it...)
    • Like x 1
  8. Radium Devoted Player

That dude has probably been playing longer than everyone here, I'd wager he has as much SP then most on here as well.

Sometimes a discussion does not always equal a nerf thread.

Anyways, SP doesn't give the huge advantages it once did. Roughly 300 Health in the T1 innates? Well the next set of gear has 12,000 Health. A drop in the bucket now compared to what it once was.

I'm of the opinion that SP should mean more then what they do now with more percentage based innates, like the recent precision buffs got with powers.
    • Like x 2
  9. SSJ Carlos New Player

I'm just proposing people think about it. I doubt soe considers any type of fix without the community seeing it as a problem.

I don't know how they would fix it. I personally wish legends had another gametype where legends characters had roles.

My problem is that i don't want my opponent to fight me with 90 skillpoints if i have 140. Having all those innates is almost like putting on another piece of gear. How are new players supposed to get into pvp with such a huge deficit? If you love PvP and making your character stronger in pvp you should be pvping.

@radium in pve skillpoints can almost be treated as a separate level. So when you talk increasing effectiveness of skillpoints it isn't hurting anyones raid but it can make the gap for pvp much worse. I don't know how i really feel about this. It could make catching up in this game way to hard to do. But like i said if that 170sp dps makes my raid go by faster i'm not mad about it.
    • Like x 1
  10. SSJ Carlos New Player

Thanks for the reply :D
  11. Dump Truck New Player

Considering that a lot of those skill points are earned through pvp, and that they are laregely meaningless past 140 (less if you are a healer) and 140 can be achieved in two to three weeks... I would say nothing should be done.

Personally, I feel that they should make the boosts a percentage based to make skill points worth attaining. Back in the day they made a HUGE difference. As the tiers increased (and stat values) those skill points we once raced for, and were gods if hitting 100 before the first DLC, are now meaningless.

I'm all for keeping some stuff out of pvp, like home turf trinkets out of TDM, but some things should also stay. Skill points are aqcuired through playing the entire game, not just one part of it.
  12. Gargamond Dedicated Player

No, I don't see SP as an issue in Arenas.
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Its post like this that makes me wish the only pvp in this game was legends .
  14. Hyppoli Well-Known Player

The solution is easy just assign 90 and leave the other sp unassigned.
  15. savageprime New Player

Aaannndd here I go again. Just like the bum on here who wants weapon precision affinity removed from pvp weapons you also want some useless request. So I work hard over time to make my character what it is and I pride myself on that and you sit here and say...."nerf all toons". I thought the weapon thing was the most pathetic thing I seen on here...nope I was wrong cause you take it OP. Yes of I have been playing longer getting highest gear and feat hunting then yea I should be better equipped to fight you. It doesn't matter that your lvl30 fresh off the ship can't beat me. Skill points are not at all too hard to get and yes I agree with others that they should matter more. With a solid 100 sp a troll gets all their vit and dom. So why get anymore? Make them count more not take away a persons earned skills.

OP your probably one of those people who feels schools shouldn't have valedictorian cause it makes the dumb kids who didn't try feel bad or no pop football league for kids should get trophies cause it makes the losing kids feel bad so "participation skill points for everyone who tries...YAY"!!! SMH
    • Like x 1
  16. Aqua New Player

You guys I swear smh ...

Fracturing of the pvp community is what ssj is talking about. More people and more competitive leagues is pretty much what every pvp player wants but things like massive skill point gaps discourages many (or HT, immunities, bad balancing of powersets).

With that said I dont know what to do about it, maybe devs can finally write a manual to thie game or something.
  17. Saami Loyal Player

I have to say no.
    Pvp is already starting to be more like COD pew pew, than what it used to be.
    Ive been called names when using soders or cc trinket in pvp just because my opponent is lazy and dont want to earn those himself.
    • Like x 1
  18. savageprime New Player

You speak of competitive yet what competition does not utilize its strengths against an opponent? Run faster, jump higher, outsmart, etc. Sp is advantage against every opponent in the game. Against environment in pve and players in pvp. Its that distnct advantage that makes it competitive. Just because lebron James can outshoot or jump over somebody doesn't mean the nba limits how many times he can shoot or how higj hes allowed to jump. If a pvp player wants to be seriously competitive you have to use every advantage you can get but unlike LeBrons jumping you can make yourself on even playing ground by simply getting more skill points just lime the ones you claim have an unfair advantage.
    • Like x 1
  19. savageprime New Player

@Aqua so what you want is a competitive fighting system where all players have the same skills and abilities because its unfair any other way....wow. can you name one good competitive fighting game like that???????
  20. Aqua New Player

At what point did I say that? Stop overreacting.

I said is about time devs create a manual to explain the importance of things in the game like skillpoints and how to attain them and things like immunities in pvp or other notable information. As of now devs just throw you into the game no explanation whatsoever on majority of things, thats very quit friendly for new members who could have been great players if supported more.

And finally how is this even a nerf thread? What could we possibly nerf in this topic?