Skill points question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by chaoticRE, Dec 11, 2016.

1. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

Hello, I'm an old player and just recently came back. Though I am over 150 skill points behind. Is it possible for me to get these skill points fast? I do not have too much time to play lately because of college/work etc. But I seriously miss dcuo and the friends I've known for years on there.

Anyways the point I'm trying to make is can I get skill points faster now? And if not is it worth coming back due to sp being related directly to content progression?
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

See what feats you can get by yourself, use LFG to form feat hunting groups.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The first tip to feat hunting for skill points: Don't stare at the sheer number of them for too long. It'll start looking impossible if you do that.

Start under the General Tab and see what you haven't finished there that you can easily do solo. Never mind the long grind feats. You'll want to slowly chip away at them, but for the moment you want to focus on things you can cross off within the same day/night. Look in the Solo/duo/alert/raid sections in the feat tab...see what you can go back and knock out with little to no help. In some cases you might only need 1 or 2 high cr players to back you up (like getting the scorpion egg feat in FoS 1). For certain episode and group related feats, you'll want to shout in LFG for other players that may need certain feats.

To prevent burn out, pick only a few feats to attempt for every few days. If you try to go for too many in one day you may find that you'll get either frustrated when they don't happen (because of player error) and you may get feat fatigue. For style feats, just run all the content you can at your current cr for maximum marks and then visit vendor 00 for older tier styles (at 10 MoV a piece), and when you're done with those, check vendor unit 22 for the rare style drops that you may be missing (since these are rare styles, each piece costs 70 MoV to reflect its rarity).

Las bit of advice...have fun with it. If you make it into a chore, you will undoubtedly hate it.
    • Like x 2
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Right now you can get by with just 74SP. Its really easy to get SP, quickly if you do LPVE. Even with the stats revamp your 150 SP is still alot of SP going into it.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Just don't look at the general tab for LPvE...those are long grind feats and will make your eyes cross and water up at the sheer number of them. Focus on the specific map ones and do your best to get in on the action on the weekends, since they usually have two maps out at the same time.
  6. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll keep them in mind!
  7. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

Concerning you need 44sp for WM alone I don't see how 74 is a good minimum. That leaves you with 30sp -1 for Speed Boost, that's 29 7 Sp in the other 9 trees to get the first row of innates is a mid of 63 Leaving a negative of 33 if we use your 74, 107 sp is the mid sp to get all first row innates as if now, 110 to be safe
  8. Proxystar #Perception

That is such bad advice.

Do what others suggest bang out every solo feat you can and jump into feat groups running on LFG and get what you can before the stat changes.

The new sp system will require approx 220sp just to get a wm and might maxed out and with power being another stat driving the power back mechanic there's another 170 odd sp in the power pool tree too.

Support roles are even worse where you're potentially also going to want to spec into multiple stat trees all of which go up to 170sp.

People are going to be experimenting with balance for a while.
    • Like x 1
  9. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Style feats can be unlocked with replay badges...same with racing feats I think...so if you have a lot of styles completed and race feats done you can use replays in seconds...instant SP...but just because you bought the style feat does not mean you bought the style...for example if you spend replays for High Voltage style feat...you get the 25 or 50 points or whatever...but you cant go into your styles and suddenly there are High Voltage styles you can wear