Skill Points Needed to Max Out Innates

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Octantis, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Octantis New Player

Thanks so much. Glad it's helpful!
  2. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I can verify Sore's statement. Dominance is effectively Restoration for healing for all roles, including Healers. At the moment it is indeed 1xResto + 2xDom for Healers.

For Healers your priorities should be Restoration -> Dominance -> criticals at the moment. A "max heal" spec should include Dominance as a factor because of this in my opinion.

If this changes after update 25 I'm sure Sore will let you guys know and so will I.
  3. Soulmass Well-Known Player

Thanks for the graph it's really helpful. I can't believe how many skill points it's gonna take for each role to max out the innates they need. Healers need over 200 for the healing innates plus the damage crit innates. Tanks have it the worst specifically fire tanks because they need pretty much everything except the vit and cunning. I hope the devs are planning on adding a crapload of feats in the near future because we are all gonna need skill points once this update hits.
    • Like x 2
  4. Liam Solo New Player

GU 25 today! Time to respec skill points into new inates.
  5. Octantis New Player

Woo! :D

Hope this guide gets some views over the next 24 hours!
  6. SuperMia New Player

Hi great guide!

Did you account for the initial weapon slot that you get when you first make a character? It is an unseen "free skill point."

ie. To max out all of my red innates it only took 142 skill points. I have 145 skill points and had 3 skill points left over.

So it seems all of the guide's numbers are off by 1?
  7. Octantis New Player

You know what? You're totally right. Totally forgot about that one.

Ah well, it's just one point right? Lol Nah I'll get that changed. Thanks for the catch, good eye.
    • Like x 1
  8. SuperMia New Player

LOL! XD
  9. Liam Solo New Player

I like the graphs but I think the stat colors for controller (green) and Healers (Yellow) should be reversed. Too Nitpicky of me? :D
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Thank you for adding Dominance to Healer totals. :)
  11. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Didn't Uodate 25 fix Dominance scaling with Healer heals?

Edit; Mepps put in Update 25 Anouncement "·Corrected issue with Dominance scaling for Healing."

Not sure if that meant for Healers or not.
  12. Octantis New Player

Whether it did or not, it was better to be safe than sorry :)

I'll be honest I was just looking for easily distinguishable colors :p
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Yes, before update 25 Dominance counted twice for healing for everyone before role buffs (including Healers). After update 25 Dominance correctly counts once for everyone before role buffs with the added addition of Healers getting the benefit of healing from Dominance. If Healers want more overall healing than they can now invest in Dominance.
  14. UltraElite Dedicated Player

Nice update
    Looks a lot better now
    I like that u call them t2 innates also

It's what I called them when explaining them to my league
    • Like x 1
  15. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Sweet guide thanks. Even if there are errors it is still sweet. My question currently is what is more important with all of these new slots. I am a might based dps....with all the additional might slots I wonder if I should re-spec to get all of the might bonuses and lose my crit attack bonus and crit attack damage bonus. any thoughts on this would be welcome.
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

No, you need your crits like crazy. Extra might is nice but you will get more damage if you crit for a lot higher and more frequently on a lower amount than with higher might and less crit chance or magnitude.
    • Like x 1
  17. Octantis New Player

Since Might increases base power damage, increasing Might provides a higher, constant damage. With the 150 Might available, that's a 67.5% increase to your Powers' damage. All together you'll have 148.5% increase to Power damage if you increase your Might with innates.

Since Critical Hits are % Chance based, their damage is inconsistent. The increase to your crits is 9% Chance, and 48% Magnitude.

Let's say a power that does 100 base damage a 100 times should yield the following:

Notes:

4 Might = 1.8% increase
    T1 Might + non-innate skill increases: 180+50=230
    Total Might increases with Innates: 230+150=380

Base Crit Chance is 5%; Base Magnitude is 25%
    Crit Increases without Innates: 4% Chance, 12% Mag
    Total Crit increases with Innates: 13% Chance, 60% Mag

Test 1:
    Might: 230
    Crits: 18% Chance, 85% Mag

Power Damage = 100x(1+230x0.0045) = 203.5
    Critical Damage = 203.5x1.85 = 376.5

82 Normal Hits = 203.5x82 = 16,687
    18 Critical Hits = 376.5x18 = 6,777

Average Damage = (16,687+6,777)/100 = 234.6

Test 2
    Might: 380
    Crits: 9% Chance, 37% Mag

Power Damage = 100x(1+380x0.0045) = 271
    Critical Damage = 271x1.37 = 371.3

91 Normal Hits = 271x91 = 24,661
    9 Critical Hits = 371.3x9 = 3,341.7

Average Damage = (24,661+3,341.7)/100 = 280

TL;DR Recap:

Max Might: 280 avg
    Max Crits: 234.6 avg
    Based on 100 base damage over 100 attacks

DISCLAIMER: Crits affect your weapon attacks as well, which were not taken into account. It may be that the Max Crits could yield a higher overall damage if you use weapon attacks a lot, in fact, I would bet on it. Because of that, I would actually argue that you should first spend your SP on T1 Innates including Crits before going for T2 Might.

Hope that helps!

Thanks to Sore's Stat Testing Guide for the math numbers :D
    • Like x 1
  18. renzhe New Player

Don't re-spec.

Keep to the standard DPS build (Might+Prec+Crit Attack Chance+Crit Attack Damage). Thats around 80+ SP I believe.

If your toon is already full T4 geared, its up to you whether to get more DPS innates or get your secondary role innates (troller/healer/tank). That is only because current content does not require a DPS to get all the new T2 DPS innates to crank up the juice.

For the upcoming T5 content, imo, Health is now a major consideration for all DPS. All that lovely extra might or precision does crap if you are going to take too much damage and die too easily. It takes 18SP (3SP * 6 weapon trees) to max all the T1 health innates for an extra 15*18 = 270 health.
    • Like x 1
  19. Lamar New Player

its gonna be fun to see what powers start to shine as top dps
  20. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Thanks for the thoughts and math
    • Like x 1