Skill Points Needed to Max Out Innates

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Octantis, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Dump Truck New Player

I know for myself, 190 will be it for me (that is grabbing vit and cunning which are useless for non-controllers - without those 21 skill points, it's 169). 169 is really close and maybe only 1 or 2 DLC's from hitting. That is keeping fully spec'd for 1H and Rifle, plus SS powers and breakout abilities.

Hopefully, something is addressed by developers to better use those extra ones.
    • Like x 2
  2. Octantis New Player

I've posted in numerous idea threads, which we all know probably never get seen :p, and I think that many of the Legends abilities should be consolidated into an Iconics section under Skills rather than under Powers. They can also always add additional ranks to the innates if they wanted to, but I would like to see new attacks/combos added to each weapon, especially 2h and Staff that only have 1 extra combo past the initial 4 needed to unlock innates.

Anyway, that has hardly anything to do with this guide, but I tend to go off topic on a whim.
  3. KiLL ORDER New Player

I hear ya. I'm running out of reasons to grind for feats !
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

I've pretty much stopped SP farming on my main, now that I'm over 100. Spending more time on my alts to grind them up, but doubt I'll ever get them to 100 SP, unless by accident. :)
  5. Octantis New Player

With the new innates in the Weapon Trees coming out in U25, I thought I'd take the time today to add what we know about them to the skill guide here. You can get an idea of how they will impact your stats and how much SP you'll be looking at spending.

Updated the graphs to show the new innates as well, and they're all so colorful. Almost done, but it's still a work in progress. Will finish when I find the time. Enjoy in the meantime.
  6. Octantis New Player

Update complete. A lot of numbers to go through *whew* so please let me know if anything is incorrect. Hopefully this version of this guide is as helpful to people as the previous ones were. On one of the graphs, I removed the individual stat increases for each weapon and consolidated the minor boosts from the first 4 combos in the trees to just a line in graph 2. It may be a little less info, but hopefully no one really cares that much. Overall, I think the graphs are pretty nice looking and easy to read :D
  7. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

Nice work. Concise and easy to read. Thanks .

I agree with your other post on filling out original innates for your role first, then go for T2. Just a little, and I mean very little, icing on the cake. I am creating a brand new quantum character; I like to level new powers rather than respec and I like character development, so (re)grinding is just a price I pay. Been doing it since beta, it keeps me loving this game.

Again, thank you for the info.
  8. Octantis New Player

Thanks for the kind words :)
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Tanks have always had the longest road to unlock the innates, but geez. Feel sorry for those of you with tank mains. My tank alt will never reach his full potential with numbers like that.
  10. TheAlaskan New Player

Sorry I am a little overwhelmed here as I am just starting. Yesterday I learned that if I want to be a good tank I should go into multiple tree's to get the bonuses. I am an Earth Tank that started with Brawling. I am not going into DW.

I was wondering though...I am currently lvl 18. Is there enough SP's to go into multiple tree's and get the bonuses? Or am I restricted to like, one or two? And for earth, I should be focusing on dom, health, and def correct?
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

At level 18, you don't need to worry about being a tank. Solo yourself to level 30, then worry about crafting your tank build. You'll have plenty of SP to get started by then.
    • Like x 1
  12. Magmaflash Well-Known Player

I second Remanders observation, you dont worry about tank build til you hit 30. Side note, looks like my main has a lot of work to do!
    Ice Tank all the way!
    Grind for guts and glory!
  13. Rahiel New Player

As the others have said, don't worry too much about the details yet. You can go into as many weapon trees as you like though, and skill point totals of 100+ are quite possible at level 30, so you can definitely take bonuses from more than just one or two trees.
  14. TheAlaskan New Player

Yeah I realize that i shouldn't worry about my build too much till 30, but I have already started tanking some instances and have enjoyed learning how to utilize my powers correctly so I don't get owned.

I was just curious about the SP amounts, as I like to plan ahead. I am glad to know that 100+ is possible. Are you able to constantly gain them when you hit 30 or do you just get more per lvl as you start getting up there?
  15. Rahiel New Player

You continue to earn skill points after reaching level 30, by doing feats. So you won't have a huge number of them immediately upon hitting 30, it's an ongoing process.
  16. FeelsGood New Player

That's a lot of skill points to get i have no idea what the devs are going to do but i see a lot of new feats may be needed
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Great guide! Looks like you put a metric ton of work into it, so +1.

It depresses me that it'll take 236 Skill Points to max out my Controller ... but it ensures that I'll never be bored! (Actually, more than 236 ... I'll need Resto for Shields and Health/Defense for PvP ... and ... and ... and ... :) )

One tiny quibble ... VIT stands for Vitalization, not Vitality. Other than that, a fantastic tool for preparing for the future!
  18. Octantis New Player

My purpose in posting the really rediculous values was to imply that you can either Dual Spec, or specialize in one Role with the given amount of SP available. Like Boost II Mainframe stuff, I don't think you're meant to have them all. I wanted to show that a lot of SP allocations players feel are standard, or even required, are just impossible to do at this point, and that players should feel like they are able to put there SP wherever they want. Especially when you see how much SP is required just for one innate to be maxed out:

Example- Might
    Tier 1 Innate: 9 SP for 180 Might
    Tier 2 Innate: 30 SP for 150 Might

Example - Restoration
    Tier 1 Innate: 12 SP for 180 Resto
    Tier 2 Innate: 42 SP for 294 Resto

Bottom line, people with over approx. 120 SP (total estimated SP needed to max out a Dual Spec with extra weapon combos and breakout Masteries) will love these, or people with over 88 SP (total estimated SP needed to max out a single role) and only play one Role will love these. Tanks wanting to max themselves out shouldn't feel discouraged, and focus on just Tier 1 Innates, then get Tier 2 innates at an even pace.

But yeah, it's a lot of SP. don't let it discourage you :) Just keep in mind that it takes a 2-3 times as much SP to see the kind of return on a Tier 2 Innate that you would have a Tier 1 Innate, and that should make them feel less of a "OMG MUST HAVE". Or at least that works for me :p
  19. Octantis New Player

Thanks! Yeah it's nice to know that there's, at least at this point, a reason to farm SP again, even if the per point returns are so low. It did take me all morning and afternoon to finish the numbers, yes :p Oh and it could be worse, you could be a Tank like me!

I'll get the Vit changed. Easy fix, thanks for catching. For a good, like, 8 years I had been developing and selling an indie Trading Card Game in Washington State, and Vitality was one of our card's stats. The term keeps coming back to haunt me after using it so much, lol.

Edit/Update: It is now properly labeled as "Vitalization"
  20. Twisted Titan Committed Player

Some nice info +1 from me. Took 98 SP from me to fill out my basic innate for controller role. I'll be using this for my league as well. Thanks