Skill Points Needed to Max Out Innates

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Octantis, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Lelouch New Player

i didnt post that to show how many SP u needed. i clearly state i posted it so u can see how many of the Stats u get when u max out the innates
    • Like x 1
  2. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

Lol, didn't see that post. Sorry.
    but it will help clarify things instead of confusing people further in the even that they missed your post like I did.
  3. KnigthBolt New Player

The the heck is a DLC weapon ? I hate when people use abrieviation . when somone new comes along they are not going to know what the heck that means. present company included. say what it is and say what it means.
  4. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

Downloadable Content weapon. The shield is part of the Last Laugh DLC.

DLC is used because people don't want to type Downloadable Content every time.
  5. Octantis New Player

Sorry, I try to always write out abbreviations before I begin using them. Been using some so long that I just forget sometimes. Answer is above ^
  6. dWI New Player

i just recently calculated the number of skill points i need that will be useful to me and it was 134. really happy it wasnt higher. but ugh, only 60.4% there at the moment, at least i have lots of easy ones left. but still the easy ones will only bring me to around 100 skill points.
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I see why Tank can be make-or-break: Players need a lot of SP to get all the innates. And then if you are an Earth Tank, you should have the Prec from Shield too.
  8. renzhe New Player

Hm, as far as the DPS build is concerned, using maths suggests that maxing Health first gives more benefits than maxing defense/toughness.

There are a total of 11 Weapon trees. 5 Weapon trees have the Defense/Toughness boost (+10 for total of +30 for each weapon tree) at the final tier, while the other 6 weapon trees have the Health boost (+15 for total of +45 for each weapon tree) at the final tier.

So if just comparing 5 weapon trees, it would be (30*5)= +150 defense / toughness versus (45*5)= +225 health.

Damage reduction by 1 % = 15 defense (level 1) and 71 defense (level 30)

+150 defense / toughness = 150 / 71 = 2.11 % damage mitigation

Per 1k incoming damage received, you are only reducing damage by 21.1 damage. Having an extra +225 health more than covers this 21.1 damage.

If one is a tank class, it would require more thinking. I am not familiar with Tanking at raid level. However, since Fire Tanks have heals as their damage mitigation, Health would be better. Ice would benefit more from Defense / Toughness while Earth would seemingly benefit more from Health as their mechanic revolves around having good damage mitigation.

For pvp, Health is the stronger stat versus Toughness.
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

After GU24, DOM is added to RESTO to increase healing for not just Fire Tanks, but for everyone. That means that the Max Heal should include DOM for healers now.
  10. Rahiel New Player

Does that affect all powers, or only the powers listed in the GU24 patch notes?
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

12. Dene Devoted Player

You are Awesome!!! ty somuch for this!!!
  13. EP Ice Loyal Player

This is what brought up before here on the forum and from what I gathered is that what you are saying here is not the case. I am no expert in these things but if I remember correctly it was said that the DOM doesn't apply to healers because their RESTO is calculated differently. Again, not sure but I just want to make sure that the right information is being put out.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

I ran some tests to verify it's true but I welcome others to test also.
  15. Sumeric New Player

In the post that Kristyana started (that Sore linked already), the information that Tunso mentioned about the intention for the formula conflicts with the actual results and formula derived from it.

There is also conflicting information about whether the increases were solely intended for tanks and controllers (as noted in the patch notes), or for everyone (as stated, or at the very least, implied, by Tunso in Kristyana's post), so the confusion is understandable. Any input from them to further clarify their intentions is welcome, of course.

As everything stands, the current double-dominance multiplier appears to apply to all player-generated healing in the game (besides consumables, obviously, because they have set ranges).
  16. Octantis New Player

I won't refute that, because I know better than to argue with you when my knowledge is limited :p

However, I want to take the time to clarify that my labeling of "Max" refers to the grouping of the attributes as innates, which can be seen in the colored graph. In each innate there is a DPS, a Controller, a Healer, and a Tank stat, even though many Roles would use multiple innates in the same weapon tree. The Max label is just a summation of all the attributes for a Role in the colored grouping. I understand that the Max label might not be the most ideal way to allocate SP (like Ice tanks not needing any additional Def after CR 80, or Controllers not needing Dom to reach the minimum instance requirements), which is why I list so many different ways to allocate SP for each Role.

I did make a note on the Health+Def+Resto+Dom spec for Tanks that it is the true Max Tank, though. Enough of a compromise? :) I'll add a Dom one for Healers, too.
  17. Octantis New Player

Even if it's not added to Healing powers, I would think the Shields healers use would benefit, so I'm throwing it in anyway just to be safe :)
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

Your logic is reasonable to me.
  19. Octantis New Player

It also sounds better than "I don't want to rewrite it" :D
  20. FrostCrescent Well-Known Player

For a DPS to max out the necessary innates, it's 70/77. But keep in mind that you also need 3/4 more sp to unlock all the weapon combo of the weapon tree you are using depending on weapon. Hence, you need around 80/81 in actual fact. And this is only for flight. If I recall correctly, superspeed needs one more as they also need inertial flywheel. Hence for superspeed, it should be 82. Not sure about acro though.