Skill Points Needed to Max Out Innates

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Octantis, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Lelouch New Player

2. Octantis New Player

As I mentioned in another thread, the point of the guide was not about total numbers. In fact I didn't list them until Omaar asked for them. The point of it is to find how much SP is required to get all the innates for certain roles so players can have an idea of how many they need, and how much is excessive, and how much is the bare minimum. That's the point, just the bottom innates, nothing else.

The chart you listed is out of date by a lot (Vit in 2h requiring only 6 SP instead of 7, for example), as well as doesn't provide the information that I wanted to convey. This was not about stats, but rather about skill points.
  3. BLACKICE718 New Player

I think thsat your numbers are wrong first off as dps I don't even need to spec into health I would take the def/tough first. you only need around 85 sp to get all dps innates etc..
  4. Rahiel New Player

That would be why "Max DPS" - as in, every might/crit chance/crit magnitude/precision innate - does not include any health innates, and requires 77 skill points. Where specifically do you see errors?
  5. BLACKICE718 New Player

That would be why "Max DPS" - as in, every might/crit chance/crit magnitude/precision innate - does not include any health innates, and requires 77 skill points. Where specifically do you see errors?

TO GET MIGHT/CRIT 77SP PLUS 7 FOR SHIELD (PERCISION) 84SP I MIGHT BE OFF A POINT OR GOING OFF MEMORY REMEMBER THAT 1 SP FOR YA FLIGHT TREE... WHEN THE WORLD COME BACK UP I CAN BE EXACT
  6. Rahiel New Player

There are eleven weapon trees. Each contains one DPS innate. Each tree has four points of prereqs, and then the innate is three points, so that's seven points per tree. 7 x 11 = 77. This includes Shield's precision innate.

As the initial post says, that doesn't include the cost of any movement skills or taking more weapon combos than the 4 prereq points. So in practice, you need more than 77 skill points to have every DPS innate and still have a functional weapon and movement mode. But the DPS innates themselves are 77 points.
  7. Octantis New Player

The post specifically says it doesn't take into account the movement trees. There are also only 11 weapons with 7 SP required to max out a DPS innate, so 77 SP. The builds I list were specified as "examples" and weren't meant to imply you HAD to take Health if you wanted Defense. That's why I took the time to make the chart so players can either use my examples or figure out their own builds.

Well, I see that you beat me to it ... You were a minute faster than I was, lol
  8. BLACKICE718 New Player

CORRECT I AM ALSO TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE SP FOR STEALTH MOST DPS I KNOW SPEC {MIGHT/CRIT PREC STEALTH DEF/TOUGH} BUILD... I WAS THINKING MIGHT/CRIT PREC STEALTH = 86SP FELL ME DIFFERENT BUILD LIKE I SAID I WAS JUST GOING OFF OF MEMORY DONT GET YOUR PAINTIES IN A BUNCH
  9. Octantis New Player

Hey no bunched up panties here. Just trying to explain my numbers. Feel free to make whatever build you want. The ones I list just come from the various guides on Roles I've read and the suggested innates they say to go for. By all means, spec however you want. I'm not telling you otherwise. My job was just to give you an idea of how much SP you'll need to make the build you want. That's all.
  10. BLACKICE718 New Player

ill try it your build and compare numbers always looking to improve great guide
  11. Octantis New Player

Thanks! I was switching from a Controller to a Tank and wanted to know what my SP could get me. That kind of spawned this. It was mainly for my own use, but I'm glad to hear that so far people have found it helpful :D
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It'd be nice to see those totals added up without shield, for those without that DLC.
  13. OMAAR New Player

Cheers buddy.
  14. Octantis New Player

lol That's how I had them before I was told to put them in!

All I can say is if the build I list has some shield innates in it, subtract 4 from the total SP, and then 3 for every innate in the build.

So for example, Max DPS would be 77-4-3=70.

Max DPS + Health would be 95-4-3-3=85.
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Thanks.
  16. Kristyana New Player

Awesome guide!

I seriously wish people would stop posting my old one from MMO-RPG life. They never saw fit to update it and it's innaccurate with how the game has played.
  17. Octantis New Player

Thanks! Mine's certainly not as fancy looking :p But I haven't seen an updated Innate List in a while. Lelouch did bring up a good point, along with Undrline, though; I could really expand this guide to be more comprehensive, maybe I'll do that tomorrow.
  18. Octantis New Player

Added a new chart! There's your 230 Might, Lelouch :D Also messed with the cell colors to help read the graphs better.

NOTE: The guide is still designed to show how many SP is required to max out certain innates, and not about exactly how much your Stats will increase.
  19. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

This is for the old weapon skill trees. Now, you need 70 sp to max out dps innates, 77 if you have last laugh for the shield.

Edit: 78 if you want your movement speed boost, 79 for the extra movement perk, 80 if you're acrobatics.
  20. Octantis New Player

Added a new, colorful version of the SP chart to better show the breakdown of innates as pointed out by Rahiel. Thanks again for that catch. I think it helps improve this guide.

Also added some better explanations of the graphs rather than just random numbers and calculations. Should be a much better read now :D

Also threw all the numbers into Excell and made sure they were all correct. This should hopefully be the end of any and all math errors!