Six years since the last Power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Knavion, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Knavion Level 30

Today marks six years since the announcement on the SDCC of the game's last power to date: Water

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's almost four years since Water released though. August 30th 2017.
    • Like x 10
  3. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Let's see you make a new power and push content out and updates time caps and what not. It's not easy working with developing new things with dcuo with unreal engine 3 it takes a much bigger team. Unreal Engine 5 on the other hand could pop out a new powerset and content and new maps in under 3 months with a small team. Let's hope they decide on the ladder. I heard the jump to unreal 5 is an easy feat for older games. Unreal 5 would drop resource cost and time in half giving developers way more time to work on other things all well pumping out content like no tomorrow without so.many bugs. when there is bugs the job is much faster and easy to fix. For now the developers are trying to boost performance to get realy for ps5 next gen client by digging real deep into coding that has been slowing dcuo down for years. This alone takes alot of time but the outcome could be better then unreal 5 and we may not even need to go there is the outcome is amazing. They have never had the team to dig into the coding like this before. It will eliminate all the bugs when they do content or add new powers all well increasing performance and development time with unreal engine 3. DC Universe Online has the capability to be the number one mmo it just needs a bigger team to dig much deeper then ever before. As far as new powers go the powers we have now are not balanced so making new ones is pointless for now
    • Like x 4
  4. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

I would like to see them release 3 powers at once so we don’t see flavor of the months again. But getting one new power out seems like a pipe dream
    • Like x 3
  5. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

It's all the exact same thing with a fresh coat of paint.
  6. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

I tend to agree with this, but standardizing the powers helps with not having to balance as much. I just hope that revamps and future powers try to figure out ways to make each powerset feel different.

For instance, I like that the Tank powers have different mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  7. infinitygauntlt Well-Known Player

Good Evening they can use all Legends pvp toons powers to make new powersets easy!
    Blue lantern healer using Saint walker , Kyle Rayner moves.
    Example battery from Sw aoe heal like water, sorcery.
    Ultraviolet Corps for villains!
    Kryptonian powerset based of superman,supergirl, zod, ursa.
    It's all there, it can be done!
    • Like x 1
  8. Konialis Well-Known Player

I mean one could argue that it would be simpler to just make those powers into iconics. That way you could do smth like:

Blue lantern healer: Water plus Saint walker/Kyle Rayner powers
    Kryptonian: Earth plus Superman/Supergirl/Ursa/Zod powers

etc

EDIT: As for Water not having a power ring effect, simply have one added the moment a blue lantern iconic is slotted in the power tray, problem solved
  9. Konialis Well-Known Player

If new powers were ever on the table again they would most likely have to be 3 new ones, one for each support role

Tank: "Superstrength"(or serums or whatever)
    Healer:????(blue lantern?)
    Controller: Shade(most likely, maybe Sound)

Again much easier to simply release bundles of iconic powers imo
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I’m willing to bet there will never be any more powers added to this game unless there are iconic powers added (if that)

They are done with powers bro
  11. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

If any type of new powers were introduced, they'd most likely have to take a page for city of hero's book and add style custimaziton to existing ones. they stated previously that unfortunately they wont do any more powers because of the data consumption they take

That being said,

Serums tank
    Blue Lantern healers
    magnetism/sound controlling!
  12. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Imo i sure they will add new powers i seen a couple devs mentioned on forums mind you it not confirmed but it very likely new powers will come just not in current recent Future. Perhaps in 3 or 4 yrs or maybe even 5 max but that just me being optimistic.
  13. Jaelia Committed Player

Lol we can just hope they’ll make new powers or add more to the current ones :(
    • Like x 2
  14. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

all new powers that get added are usually OP and broken so the devs can make money off power switch tokens.
  15. Dra90nN3tK1n9 New Player

How about making Expansion powers, based off of Plastic Man And Elongated Man! Now the question is, should it b A tank class or A travel power?
    • Like x 1
  16. Dra90nN3tK1n9 New Player

How about something to do with Power Armor, as A new power set? You can have skills like shoulder canons, chest beam(s), Rocket slam jump(s), pet summon robo bits, Vulcan helmet fire, Wrist blade(s), Rocket Punch(es), Wrist mounted Rocket(s) / Beam(s) / Bullets, Wrist mounted Flame thrower(s) / Cryo Spray, Bolo, Energy shield, Nanite Shield / Weapon Boost.
  17. Dra90nN3tK1n9 New Player

Force powers might be A good one! A non element Power set, not related to the elements. Just plain pure force energy!
    • Like x 1
  18. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

We have legends powers we can use as iconics but they haven't moved an itch on it looking at 2021 we know we're not getting any powers and 2022 we know where not looking at there development update and one could say 2023 were probably not .

The fact that we have legends within the game and powers we can use and they haven't tapped into it yet really begs the question where is the passion and inspiration to do so because it seems it's PvE,tcs, artifacts,Booster bundles, and yearly QOL updates that matter .

Having all those things is nice especially PvE content obviously and the new update coming soon looks promising but then what. Dcuo is an amazing game but I feel it's not reaching it's full true potential.
    • Like x 1
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Stop coming up with your "it takes time to do this" "it takes money to do this" smoking gun theories. Yes it takes time and money, but any competent studio can release a new class in less than 6 years and sometimes studios with a very small team are capable of that too, money don't make you think they lack it between the subscription and the lootboxes and other various items for sale in the shop, there is more than enough to receive a decent money income on this game.

They should just move a little more and communicate a little more on this, instead of letting people desperate for novelty and not luring the community with other things to try to pass some pill, it does not work this kind of principle, there is only to see the number of topics that there has been lately to have a new power, it would be high time to respond to this demand
    • Like x 2
  20. Celestial Mage New Player

I would not be opposed to seeing more of the Lantern Corps for powers. Maybe add in the Star Sapphires and Agent Orange like they did with Light.