Simple solution for gold spammers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helderman, Jul 1, 2018.

1. useless Well-Known Player

They should give us feats for reporting gold spammers,and titles :)
    Report 10 - 10pts,25 - 25pts,50 -50pts,100 - 50pts and title "Game Master"..... :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

I send gold bots league invites all the time because it amuses me.
  3. Superman1955 Active Player

To be honest I know nothing about how they do it but how do they get that amount into their accounts could stopping here as it enters the accou t work
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yeah, I have tested the /report all by itself without a follow up support ticket ( more than a couple times too). NOTHING will ever happen unless it followed up with a support ticket because that /report just flags the logs and nothing more.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

or gold bot smasher :D
    gold bot sheriff
    gold bot terminator

Mighty Goldbotinator :D
    • Like x 1
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Can we push for an account wide ignore function? Should be a very easy technical fix. Its like 1 single line of code.
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Don't report single, report multiple.

Don't bother using in-game reporting. Use the in-game screenshot function or a 3rd party software to take screenshots of the spam bot. Ignore the spammer(s). Continue playing.

Amass screenshots of spammers and / or people exhibiting report-worthy behaviour, then open a support ticket and report accordingly.
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The devs already took note that we want it. If it was that simple to make account wide ignore lists (there are 3 types of accounts, 2 of them on 2 servers, one platform can switch between two servers any time...), then we would already have it.
    It would be nice if a dev could confirm my conclusion though...
  9. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Would you settle for Mepps or one of the devs giving your post a thumbs up? :p
  10. dresserball Dedicated Player

Do you realize how hard it is to actually report a person in game? You do the /report-name-issue then you have to open a support ticket with that same info. Why bother
  11. iceman 11 New Player

They need to do something about it. I’ve reached my limit on my ignore list. I can’t block anymore. It goes up to 1000
  12. Oligonicella Well-Known Player

One thing that would be helpful is to make ignore have an account level action. I can ignore a spammer but to have to do it for every friggin' alt is stupid. It's the *person* who is irritated not the damn cartoon.
  13. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Refresh the cash to 0$ remove the money from the mail, make cash account bound.
    Put a cap on broke like 1m
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I still want titles for taking out gold bots.

10 bots = gold bot smasher :D
    20 bots = gold bot sheriff
    50 bots = gold bot terminator

100 bots = Mighty Goldbotinator :D
  15. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

Why get so bothered? Just add them to ignore. As soon as I see one appear. Takes all of 3 seconds to add to ignore. I understand it’s an annoyance - but there’s nothing else to be done. The only way it’ll stop - is when people stop using them. Making threads about it isn’t gonna change fa.
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

see! They seem more than content by just ignoring it. They also seem to realise they can’t change things, and accept it.

Look at them - completely unbothered by what’s going on around them - while others freak out. Thumbs up for them!
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

They can change things. They are just too lazy to do anything about it. Ignoring problems only makes problems worse later down the road. DCUO needs to close the loophole and that would fix a lot bots spamming chat.

19. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

I a
    I agree it’s very annoying. But you know they won’t put any effort into fixing anything that involves spending time and money. Too busy thinking up new and useless crap to put into TC’s.
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

ignoring defeats the purpose if you want to continue to write about it on here