Silly Question About the Hijacked Servitor Chest Style...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Since I can't play the game right now (not even gonna try with the US Server under a full-blown siege that's brought it to its knees, then run it over with a steamroller o_O) I might as well try to get to the bottom of this.

WHY doesn't the Hijacked Servitor Chest Style display your character's Emblem?!? :confused:

There isn't a single good technical reason for it not displaying it. There also isn't a single good logical reason that could possibly be behind the decision to omit Emblem compatibility from this chest. Anyone that THINKS it doesn't need to be able to display Emblems is sadly mistaken, and clearly delusional.

One of the characters I've been working on for awhile is a Green Lantern. In the comics, his current emblem is a glowing green disc set into the middle of his armor, with a black GL Corps Emblem in the middle of the glowing disc. The Hijacked Servitor Chest Style is the absolute closest match for his torso armor currently seen in the comics.

And yet, when DCUO's Devs made this Chest Style, they decided to turn the Emblem option OFF.

So now, we end up with this...

[IMG]

...when I should be able to have an Emblem in the middle of the glowing disc, like this...

[IMG]

(Grateful acknowledgement to Forum Member Snow Owl for taking these screenshots.)

Not cool. I've waited waaaaay too long in this game to even GET a GL Emblem that's discless and where I can change the color on it to whatever I want, only to be stopped by this illogical decision the Devs made. It's not right! :mad:

And before someone says it, (sinceriously, do NOT even THINK of saying it) NO, the Sector Agent Chest is NOT, I repeat, NOT an acceptable substitute! The geometric shape of the armor plates is all wrong, and the placement of the colors is wrong, too. ONLY the Hijacked Servitor Chest Style yields a good facsimile of the current torso armor worn by Stel of Grenda, Green Lantern of Sector 3009...

[IMG]

So, basically, to any Devs that might be reading this, would you PLEASE enable the use of Emblems on the Hijacked Servitor Chest? Please and thank you. :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Just took one of my villains that uses an Emblem to the Hall of Doom and verified this. And it's true, and therefore stupid. The Hijacked Servitor Chest will NOT display an Emblem! :(

I don't know why I didn't remember that from when I had previewed it before. So lame. This Chest Style is the only one that works for Stel, and unless it's updated to allow it to display Emblems, I can never make him look the way he should in this game. :(