Sidekick customization

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GregDawe, Nov 14, 2014.

1. GregDawe New Player

Is sidekick customisation a thing yet?

I remember a while back it being mentioned by the Dev's

I could be wrong, but if they haven't yet, I would like to propose a new sidekick system.
    Do away with the generator system and have the sidekick be a fully build-able feature.
    Give it gear, maybe even a role?

Thoughts?
    • Like x 7
  2. Kuno Loyal Player

I would call it a day if we could customize the look of them, even if its character creator limited options. I dont like my sidekick to be that small, they look like 11 yo kids.
  3. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I am also hoping to hear an update on this since it was first mentioned at SOE Live, but nothing since.
  4. AnonymousToughGuy New Player

I support this1billionty
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Gear seems too obnoxious to maintain on a pet. Appearance customizability they shouldn't have any issues with. And some a la carte ability combination would be nice.
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In most RPG as you upgrade you gear..... you usually give your old gear to your NPC followers.

I guess it would not be that different. As you would get new/better gear.... you could give your old gear to your Sidekick.

So it would not be that big a deal to maintain.

Can't be worst then the annoying rent that you have to pay on your mainframe or your belt. Damm how I hate those.
    • Like x 1
  7. AnonymousToughGuy New Player

At a minimum, I would just like to be able to customize my sidekick's costume.

I fully support being able to upgrade him with gear drops etc, but my concern is the additional amount of coding to get that part done.

Baby steps.
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That would be a first step.

We collect lots of different styles... but can only really use a handfull of them.

At least now with Armories we can use a different style for each Armory.... but it woudld be nice to be able to use some of theose styles with our Sidekick/Accomplice.... heck with our bakcups/henchmen if possible.

Although another thing that could be fun is if we could use an Alt as a Sidekick..... or heck Alts as our Back ups.
    But that last one would most likely never happen. :(
    • Like x 1
  9. Smiloudont Level 30

My suggestion would be that each base theme could have their own themed sidekick style. Just like they did with the back-ups. For example: the Cave Style uses robots with hand blast. So the sidekick for the Cave style could be a robot, a little different from the back-ups, and with weapon choice. The Western could have a ninja as a sidekick and so on. What do you think?
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

It'd be nice to be able to customize them in one fashion or another. However, they are part of a DLC that has come and gone so its not like they'll sell significantly more units by adding this feature so the cost:benefit is not there.

Of course the exception to this would be if it were added via the MP in some fashion. Even if that were the case, I wouldn't see them as customizable per sea, but more likely just skins for the existing model.

I'd certainly love to be wrong on this though, as it would be great to be able to personalize them in line with your character's look and feel.
  11. SERPENTXOFXGOD Well-Known Player

I am all for this. It would be Sweet!.
  12. Baby Sister Committed Player

I agree ! Those sidekicks are something real basic !
  13. GregDawe New Player

Hahaha they aren't far off those NPC's you have to save for the pre30 omac mission haha
  14. Champion_Of_The_Gods Active Player

Personally, from what I understand from their announcement at SOE Live is that they will be customizable through your style tab to which they will add a third tab to the UI of that tab which will only appear when your sidekick is enabled and in your equipped loudout. Personally I would like to age mine a little bit give him the same body type I have on one of my toons, a Static iconic, and make him Richie, statics friend and side kick in at least one cannon. From what I understand though, as far as styles are concerned, the sidekicks will only have styles available to them if you have said styles already collected for yourself. This is where having 25 pages of styles comes in handy for each section of the character creation xD
    • Like x 1
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

Was that at this last SOE Live or a previous one?
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

Lol, I love your signature. This might be dating myself but my brother and I usually Skype while playing and almost always when someone grabs a barrel the other starts singing the "You got that glow" song from The Last Dragon.

Certainly not a high-water mark in cinema but still a really fun movie to watch.
  17. Dezaras Loyal Player

I'm hoping I'll sidekick customisation when it arrives.

One thing I'd like would be a name editor. Even if it's a one time thing.
    • Like x 1
  18. Impulsively Committed Player

I'm definitely hoping that we can alter the body size, because having a kid sidekick seems weird when your character is equally or close-to as young.

Also, having a huge brute-like sidekick seems like a good time as well. Like your own personal Igor.
    • Like x 2
  19. Champion_Of_The_Gods Active Player

This was during the last SOE live, they mentioned that thy would be upgrading all of our UI, and that sidekick customization would be coming up, limited to the styles you currently have. Gear will not be given to them, as they have their own gear already. Personally I want to turn my sidekick on VirgiI Hawkins into Gear from the show.
  20. Dr Blastwave Well-Known Player

Can't wait for this to come out. The whole reason I bought hometurf was for the sidekicks. It would also be nice it they took away the time limit and he stayed with you until he died.