Should Walk-Ins Be Ended?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ADG, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I don't think they should remove Walk-Ins. People who like to do content with less players for reasons, or people who like to take league-mates on training runs still should be able to use Walk-Ins.

I do think that they should be CR locked though on both drops and marks. Walk-Ins are the reason everything below T4 is a barren wasteland. It makes the game look less appealing to new players which then either quit the game or they also rush to T5 and annoy Vets with not knowing anything about their roles.

Also, while I understand Vets don't want to level alts through that content... I think it's best is Vets DO level through content with their alts.... This way they can play content with new players at appropriate levels and help teach them the ins-and-outs. Walks-Ins in their current state are just creating a bad high-end community and an empty low-end community. Which both hurt a game's state of health.

I strongly believe Walk-Ins not being locked by CR was the Dev's worst decision for PvE they've ever made in this game in the long run.
    • Like x 1
  2. Clutch Committed Player

I don't think people are complaining about fast leveling itself. People don't like someone going from 30 to T5 raids in a week on their main and not knowing how to play.
    • Like x 1
  3. PhantomLore New Player

I Was just thinking about posting this until i seen you did . 2 minds alike :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Kroye Loyal Player

+1000

I'd like more walk-in portals, too. You don't even need 8 for much of the content, and being able to walk a few into older raids is not only fun, but is convenient.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jeff Bond Committed Player

They should add a walkin portal for every instance.
    • Like x 4
  6. Poo New Player

I thought there was some talk of them doing this a while back.

+1

Portals for everything! I do not care how fast people level or how bad they play.
  7. Pierced Crit New Player

I don't really see what this would solve. You don't actually need anyone's help whatsoever in this game to get from level 1 to 99 cr. in fact you don't even need to set foot in a single raid, alert or duo before reaching 85 cr. it is insanely easy to gear up in this game by yourself. Removing walk ins won't change a thing. People complain about walk ins ruining the game when it's peoples lack of understanding or unwillingness to learn that is the real issue.
    • Like x 1
  8. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

CR lock on loot and gear is a must!
  9. feegore New Player

No more Deathmike videos :(
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

The new method after GU 33 will be:
    Level to 30 aided by XP boosters
    Do walk-ins (whatever you can get into, really) for marks
    Buy gear
    Mod with synthetics
    At CR 84, run Raven bounty exactly 7 times, as you will get CR 85 gear chits for every run
    Mod with synthetics
    Ready for Nexus
    Profit!
    • Like x 1
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Well, I liked several posts in here, and to add, the On Duty Tab.... when you Que for Group Content and have less than the required number of players for that content.... what if there was a "Play Now" button? Essentially, it's like walking into the instance through to portal without actually using a portal. ;)

(they removed Challenge mode terminals and put them in On Duty. By the game's own design direction, our character will eventually be logged in to our bathrooms of our hideouts and ride the On Duty tab to every next instance. :oops: Thank you PS3 and your limited memory.)
    • Like x 1
  12. Wreckshot Well-Known Player

Wouldn't the solution be to add a mandatory mission at level 30 where players have to show they understand their role? Then they learn their role and can go on to do as many walk-ins as they want.

Everyone wins etc...
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

8x. There is 8 pieces of gear, not 7. :p

Also, all this is a matter of use of replays. To be honest, anyone new wouldn't really know how to do this unless someone showed them how. It's players that have been around and have alts that know this.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

LOL, of course there are! Slow day at the office. Cold weather. Blame what you want. :p

Yes, I agree with that. No one new to the game will be doing this. I, however, will be doing this with my Rage alt. :D
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Such a tutorial has been discussed, but I could see it being quite difficult to implement well.
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

That's the same plan for my future alts.

For now though my mental troller that stalled out half way through gearing for t5. Well I'm storing Raven reward boxes to redeam once the update goes in :D. I'll finish out her gear as soon as the update goes live without spending any replays!
  17. Targetmaster Well-Known Player

Leave walk ins alone! I understand the frustration about content skipping but my league uses them all the time to make videos like 4 man raids or to practice etc
    • Like x 1
  18. Wreckshot Well-Known Player

That is true. It's a great idea in principle, but maybe not so great in practice.

It'd be a big undertaking (ARROW!) and I suppose if it comes down to the devs working on new content or working on a tutorial, people would rather have content.
  19. McGhee Well-Known Player

I wish DCUO would go back to when walk-ins could get gear & marks regardless of CR. You would just need CR to que up.
    • Like x 1
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

I think that's almost exactly how Jens put it. ;)