Should Walk-Ins Be Ended?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ADG, Jan 5, 2014.

1. ADG New Player

I've noticed over the past few months people complaining about walk-ins as an exploit to fast leveling. The devs sure have hunkered down on -fast-leveling by ridding bounties of xp. I personally didn't care, aside from my enjoyment of playing through content on a new toon. Yet, it was boring going through the same content just to level up an alt. But the devs have spoken and I respect that decision. Not like I have much choice. The game is still great fun. The bounties are still fun and their feats are well in place.

But then we have the argument of walk-ins. I don't know or even care if that really changes regarding xp. But most of the expressive antagonists against walk-ins never, in so far as I noticed due to lack of great concern, seem to go into any detail that justifies why they implicitly disagree with walk-ins being available beyond the point that they don't want people leveling up because of them. It seems the devs installed the missions for walk-ins to either finish off leveling or to allow a foyer for tier building. Maybe both?

Some of us don't mess with these missions until well after 30, but it seems these walk-ins are valuable and justified as part of over all game play. I have not yet tried a walk-in prior to 30, but considering their timely listing in my mission journal, I can't see how anyone would have a problem with anyone doing these missions at or just prior to level 30.

If any argument were to involve marks, there are level-missions that give those. Would anyone like to defend or detract the justification for walk-ins? In either case, why?
    • Like x 2
  2. JustSome_Chick New Player

Considering I just leveled a new character from 1 - 30 in about 10 hours without walk-ins, I really don't think it matters one way or the other. Levelling is too fast to learn how to play anything but survival damage anyway. If people wanna get some levels in by actually making the effort to group up and learn their role before lvl 30 more power to them. (and if they are just tagging along for exp, the exp they get with higher level folks isn't actually as good as it would be out on their own anyway, so, their bad.)
    • Like x 1
  3. Jamie New Player

Wait, you can actually walk in a pre 30 toon into stuff like Gates? My next toon is going to be leveled super fast.
    • Like x 3
  4. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

God no. There's no way I'd ever be able to Q up a full raid of people willing to run Batcaves, Khan, FoS, etc for styles.
    • Like x 3
  5. Ice Lantern New Player

I have no issues with experienced people's alts being walked in. I would have it so that the teleporters are locked based on the players highest CR among his/her characters.
    • Like x 9
  6. Couzintony New Player

I like walkins but only for good players alts...
    If ya know ur role n everything n the only thing holdin ya back is some marks ya walk in... But if ur a "noob" n want to be carried... No... The tiers help ppl learn what to do n when etc... But if ur tryin to gear up n alt sure... The player is the reason why I would help with walk ins... If ur main has 40 sp n are t5 n you want ur alt to be the same... Uumm no... Lolz
    • Like x 2
  7. ADG New Player

Not sure if your question was in jest, but it made me realize that I honestly don't know anymore. I would like to say "I remember a time when"... But I am not sure. But I would have to imagine something like that must have been happening because there were a few threads on here with people upset over "underlings" getting in.

One of their contentions was Kahndaq. Seeing as that is T1 regarding a walk-in (t2 for the raid version if my failed memory serves), I am left to speculate. So your question was a rather fair one.
    • Like x 1
  8. Yui Loyal Player

Yeah, but there's a catch. You won't be able to get loot but you will get the marks (marks from bosses + monthly bonus).

This is how people can get to t5 in a few days. Do walk-ins from t2-t4 raids. Buy gear starting from t1 till they reach t4. Mod them. Once you reach cr84, spam raven bounty which can get you all the cr85 gear pieces completed in a few hours or so. Mod them. Do t5 solos, alerts, operations to get marks for rings, neck, and trinket from prideful gear vendor All that's left now is to do nexus and paradox for higher lvl gear + marks for prideful gear + grinding feats for sp.
    • Like x 2
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

If we didn't have walk ins, I would not have been able to participate in half of the raids I ran when the PS4 came out and the queue was messed up.
    • Like x 3
  10. ShadowStyleB New Player

We do this from time to time in my League to get people style feats and speed feats. We always fall one short of the 8 to que up so we do it this way.
  11. Jamie New Player

I knew you could do this at level 30 but not before. I did it with Gates once when I was CR68 and have helped others that were close. The marks are really nice. Now if I can do this with a low level toon then I might be able to bypass most of the pre 30 stuff. When feat sharing becomes available this may be something I will really want to do on any new toons I create.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

No. We need more walk in portals.
    • Like x 7
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

I appreciate all of the walkins that are t3 and below. Death to all of the others, except wasteland
    • Like x 1
  14. Mr Sinister Well-Known Player

This. I need to farm styles from low level alerts and its taking a half hour for some to pop.
  15. Electrodynamo New Player

I think walk ins should stay because they are very useful for trying to complete raids with less than 8 people. I do however believe that they should change the marks so that you only get them at the correct cr like they did with the loot.
    • Like x 2
  16. Feenicks New Player

Walk ins should remain. Higher level folks still want certain feats and don't want to bother getting a full group together. I still need the Kick Me sign.
    • Like x 3
  17. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

If anything they need make everything available to walkin. Ive done a lot of content short handed just to forgo the shouting and waiting around for more people just to q and then drag them through.
    I could care less about how others choose to gear up, its their lose to skip everything the game has to offer, thus leaving them with the choice of going back and blowing through it or just QQ that the game doesnt have enough to offer.
    ITS A GAME, ITS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NO ONE ELSE SHOULD CONTROL YOUR ENJOYMENT.
    • Like x 2
  18. Void cell Well-Known Player

yeah.. thought u had to be atleast 30 before walking into any raid.. regardless of tier..
  19. Gwalir Loyal Player

What I always thought they should do is allow walk-ins as long as you have one character on the account who is able to que up the Instance. That way, those who had played the Instance on another character could bring an alt into it, while someone who is on their first would have to earn their way in.
    • Like x 2
  20. NexGenX New Player

I say we need more portals to walk-in to. CR leveling aside, without walk-in portals Deathmike and his phenomenal solo attempts could never be. Sure he could queue up before-hand and have everyone leave afterwards, but where's the convenience in that? Further. I want more alert walk-in portals like Coast City, Oan, Bludhaven, even Area 51. (which I'm pretty sure doesn't have a portal but I feel like it does and I'm not looking hard enough) I wanna solo those sometimes!
    • Like x 1