Should the Four In a Row Feat Be Removed, Revamped or Auto-Granted?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Multiverse, Nov 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I take a very similar approach to your first paragraph, but again that's fairly easy with loads of feats missing. I might not be quite of the same mindset if I had 440 SP.

I guess the difference between the feats you quoted & this 1 is that you could technically grind & save the money to buy them. You can't really do that with this.

Now, you could take the artifact feat in Nexus, as far as I'm aware there wasn't a way to dictate what artifact you got so that was pretty luck based. I think where this 4 in a row feat is a bit more irritating is that not only does it require luck, there also seems to be a certain amount of co-ordination involved (you might correct me on this) as well as luck, in that you have to do the rocks in a certain way before luck becomes a factor. So whereas with Nexus you could just blindly queue in & hope for the best with the artifact at the end, you might have to do this on a weekly basis for months or years, all the while having to get a group to do the rocks a certain way & still have to rely on luck.
  2. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

One of the reasons it's fair to say that Four in a Row is technically broken is because it's not achievable for many toons, regardless of time spent, number of tries, etc.

Other RNG, luck-based feats such as Time Capsule feats, rare collections & last boss items can all be acquired through trading or the broker.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I have 442sp and still take the approach you do lol, these feats don't bother me. I guess the thing too when you're at 440sp is it really doesn't matter if you miss the odd feat.

The reality is even if you miss 2 or 3 possibly even more entire stat points from capsules what were talking about at that point is about 30-40health per point, it's so insignificant worrying about it is laughable. At that point you've well and truly hit diminishing returns.

You're right about buying those items and probably that luck based nexus feat is a better comparison.

The nexus one is worse actually because it's last boss in a 5 boss raid. Don't get what you need run the whole thing again...

At least with this one you get three rooms after an easy first boss fight and you can just keep letting the thorn golem die and keep doing it over and over until you get it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

This is factually incorrect, not all RNG based feats are obtainable through trading.
  5. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

That's definitely in the same ballpark, although comparing the RNGs for the Nexus artifact feat and Four in a Row is like comparing the RNG on the chances for Topaz Lane from the Metropolis Street Sign collection and Complex Crime Scene Riddle. Sure they're both RNG but not at all close in chance.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Yes the nexus feat is mathematically and statistically harder to achieve. Lol
  7. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I had originally thought that the light shimmer on the rocks might have something to do with the order. Alas.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just got that feat again with another random pug group
    • Like x 1
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

i vote for leaving it be. i got the feat on day 2 by luck. just like the accidental imperfection feat from halls of power pt 1, i got it by luck before they had clues.
  10. Brit Loyal Player

I got it tonight through sheer randomness. We weren't farming it or even specifically trying. It just happened.

Be patient. Sooner or later it'll play out.
    • Like x 2
  11. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Proxy,

How are in game feats being seen as entitlements, and who is actually saying they are entitled to the feats?

People have been using the word and associating it to people who are earning the feat vs those who feel as though they should have it because it is in the game...seems like something thrown out there to talk down on those who actually try by those who don't care.

Entitlement may not be correct in this sense because there really is nothing guaranteed in the game, not even our characters being they can shutdown the servers and not repay anyone for the lost time.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

The sense of entitlement I refer to is simply an expectation that the feat be more reasonably achievable than say the likes of a capsule feat that requires both monetary spending and luck.

You can replace the word entitlement for something else if you feel there is something more appropriate, however that was the sentiment I was expressing.

What I also express is that there are numerous feats in the game that are already luck based and the nexus feat mentioned even in this thread is statistically more difficult or frustrating to achieve than the four in a row feat.

Yet no one ever asked for that one to be changed, I personally think a mistake was made when they changed that artifact feat because they set an expectation going forward that all feats should have a tell or be within the direct control of the player, I think as long as the majority are that's fine, but I don't think it hurts to have the occasional feat that simply is a bit of luck.

These are just my personal views. :)
  13. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Nope. Many /most players will never get this feat regardless of the number of attempts. Which is why it's more than fair to characterize Four In a Row as broken and in need of a hotfix or removal.
  14. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You are confusing two feats... one for dumping the crystals into the cavern before the timer expires (mechanics basd) and one for defeating Jor El when he uses crystals of varying color combinations, (RNG based).
  16. Carilee Active Player

I was in a pug group and one of the people in it fell asleep after the first boss (snoring loudly too). the feat popped for us in the third cave and the person got the feat while they were asleep. right after, he timed out and disconnected.
    • Like x 2
  17. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Devs any update on when we can expect a fix for this feat?
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

what is there to fix? tired of luck?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not broken.
    • Like x 1
  20. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

This feat isn't possible to achieve by many people regardless of number of attempts and is thusly broken.

Other RNG-based feats such as rare collections offer alternative paths to achieve the feat. Even the Nexus feat had work arounds-- in our league we used to have note of who needed what artifact and would invite people in if they needed an elusive one.

Currently Four in a Row is broken on live as it cannot be achieved through regular gameplay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.