Should the Four In a Row Feat Be Removed, Revamped or Auto-Granted?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Multiverse, Nov 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zneeak Devoted Player

Some of the feats that have been auto-granted in the past/recently didn't come without an angry mob protesting it. People are atleast running the raid, rewarded by blind, random luck which I agree should be fixed to where there's actually a way to acquire the feat in terms of mechanics.

Revamping it, giving it a tell and making it achiavable aside from random, blind luck makes all that much more sense rather than removing it or auto-granting it to player that may never have even set their foot in the raid.
  2. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Since putting this feat in the game was a mistake, I have no issue granting it to people who have never been in nor will ever be in that raid. Similarly I didn't care at all when R&D feats I'd completed were granted to everyone.
  3. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

Yea I got it,I didnt edit it my answer fast enough...sorry still mad about it.
  4. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I guess one compromise is that it auto completes when the second boss loot hits.
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

Where has it been announced that this feat being implemented and present in the content and featlist was a mistake?
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

And another being an actual tell of some sort that actually gives the feat and the various rocks a purpose working on. I'd personally rather have that and feel rewarded afterwards, knowing I actually did something in order to get it rather than by blind, random luck or just suddenly popping "just because".
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

I feel you on that, I still need this feat aswell and I have had a few attempts at it but sadly RNGezuz didn't deem us worthy lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I agree. But since this ill conceived feat has been such an issue for so many, imo it makes sense to just put it out of its misery.
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

If the devs do decide to actually not do anything to improve upon the feat, it'd be a more justifiable approach. I hope they do intend on doing something.
  10. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Devs any update on when this feat is going to be fixed?
  11. Proxystar #Perception

It's not technically broken.
    • Like x 2
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I agree. It's not broken in that if the first four you dig up are pieces of driftwood, the feat pops.

I do wish there were a tell of some kind... it can be very subtle... kinda like watching shark mouths for sparks. :)
    Or maybe having each round of a current strip away some of the non-driftwood ones?
  13. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

This feat seems counter to what the devs have been doing with DLC feats lately.

They've added the drop styles to a vendor to account for bad luck, so it's strange they've then gone & added a feat in a raid which by all accounts seems to be purely luck based.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Exactly. For all intents and purposes Four In a Row is definitely broken. Curious about an update to when it's going to be fixed.
    • Like x 1
  15. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Mind might be playing tricks but I'm thinking of a feat in Phantom Zone where you had to throw crystals into the canyon when they were a certain colour.

Maybe adding some kind of mechanic where you had to activate the rocks when they were a certain colour, which they only stayed at for a short period of time could be a solution, requiring co-ordination but do-able.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

That doesn't make it broken, it just makes it luck based like numerous other feats in this game that still remain luck based, it's being singled out because it's a DLC feat and a current one and people just insist on having it.

How is it anymore luck based than having to grind out the demon mission in sons of Trigon (you may or may not even get the mission, then you may or may not even spawn demons) or style feats that to this day still don't have secondary locations or rare style vendor entries.

You could put a tell on the feat sure, but if you put a tell on the feat you may as well basically just give it away for free.
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

That's more acceptable to me than just placing a "visual tell" like I say adding simply a visual tell is just a hand out.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Yeah I would be down for something like that.

I'm surprised they released Four In a Row as a technically broken feat but haven't addressed it yet.
  19. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

It may be working as is intended, who knows given can't remember a dev commenting. There might even be some tell nobody (it seems) has worked out yet.

Imo opinion though, & it is just my opinion, we could be doing without adding further luck based feats to dlc's. There's more than enough of that in other aspects of the game now.

Now, I'm only at like 370 something SP, loads of missing feats so I'm not gonna lose any sleep whether I get this or not. But it's just unnecessarily irritating to people who do work hard to get as close to max SP as possible.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Perhaps, but it could be that in game feats are seen as more of an entitlement than the likes of "time capsules" which I personally find far more irritating because if a desirable cosmetic does come up, it's usually a rare one and people are usually trying to exploit as much money from them as possible with horrible drop rates, personally I have enough money around to get most things should I actually want them and I've taken the approach that unless I actually like the cosmetic I ignore the feat, but I certainly feel sorry for those less fortunate.

With content based luck feats I just figure it's always going to be there to grind. You might say the same thing about capsules, but the reality is we all know the odds of those drop rates and the exacerbation caused by their constant releases.

And to be fair on the devs I think they've tried to make some effort to release cosmetics in other ways now.

I'd have to ask too how is this any different from the ultraman cape or the man bat trinkets, or the riddle with crime OP collections.

They're far worse and have 50pt feats attached to them :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.