Should Members get better TC drops?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Should Members have better TC drops as a new Perk. Seeing as members don't really have the DLC Perk and dropping from 4 a year to 2.

Or would this Perk be too unfair to f2p and premium
    • Like x 2
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

Everyone's suffering should be equal.
    • Like x 3
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

As a member I obviously would like better drops from time capsules but premmies are handicapped enough in that regard in that they can't use the broker. Even the light blue collection pieces tend to be put up for more than 2000.
  4. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

It's amusing how yesteryears players are still defying the insight that the subscription model is totally dead and outdated :D Since members get more stabilizers from the daily runs per week and get that 500 MC/loyalty points for additional "free" stabilizer if they pick that and get a discount on buying stabilizers that sums up to more stabilizers for that same money, they already have a better drop chance because they get more chances, don't you think ;) ?

Can't wait for them devs to turn the membership into a token and make it only available as a drop form time crapsules :p
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ah I had forgotten that premmies get less stabiliser fragments too. Yeah they definitely have enough problems when it comes to time capsules as it is.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Time Capsules should be free for members, but ya know, never gonna happen :rolleyes:
    • Like x 5
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes they do get less stabilizers. But they only have to pay at the most for content 30$ a year for 2 dlcs compared to 114$ for members or 180 if they are paying membership monthly.

That extra 100 dollars is more stabilizers than the bonus ones members get and their loyalty points combined
    • Like x 2
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Members also don't have a cash cap and can sell and buy TC items to a degree that Premiums can't possibly achieve with trading alone.
  9. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Why ask a question when your agenda is obviously DEMANDING the better drop for members? I'm getting tired of those manipulative idiocy on kindergarden-level.... It's not even "tricky" to some point. Shows the ability of "players" this game attracts nicely :D
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Do I want better drop rates for members, yes. But there are people who don't want better drop rates for members and they have their reasons. That is the whole point of the discussion. To understand why people don't want it. I am not demanding anything, according to devs all feedback is considered, but that doesn't mean they actually go through with it
  11. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Heres what they really need to do and it'll clear up a few things: Revamp the Promethium Lockboxes.

Take the Cross Faction styles out of there and put them in a Vendor for 100 MoV each (non-negotiable, theyre rare styles, they need a high price). Then when you open a Lockbox you get 6 Stabiliser Fragments, 1 MoV and 2 ingredients. The ingredients are not a growing list, but instead pertain to the current Event/Episode (eg. Right now you might open one and get 1 Starro Turbicle and 1 Ossicle, when JLA Episode drops it changes to that Episodes required ingredients). Keep in mind that these are bonus ingredients that you get on top of the ones you naturally get from the Event/Episode, not replacing them.

There will be those who just want a full Stabiliser in there but I think this is the best of both worlds.
    • Like x 2
  12. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Well, then get your math up first. You forgot to calculate 1 year of full money ("escrow") access tokens into those 100 dollars overhead you come around with. You also need a way to calculate what extra inventory slots, extra bank slots and extra character slots are worth per year compared to the premium player etc.

Or you lighten up and see that the "discussion" from the customer point of view is totally useless. Better drop rates for a certain group of players will first of all cause unrest and secondary support the "pay-2-win"-way of arguments Daybreak tries to avoid at all costs still. Second, it will cut into their stabilizer sales because those depend on crappy drop rates. Your are talking of about 10-15 buck per month depending on country of which you get 5 bucks back in marketplace currency already - versus 300-1000 bucks spend to get all drops relevant for feat. That's below 1 percent. Would it make you really happy if you need by math just 999 boxes on average luck to get your stuff?? Probably not, but the discussion about "buhuhu, they get better chances for money spent in total, this is so pay-2-win" would/could another good chunk of customers despite it just being 1% or less, customers currently still "defending" "their" DCUO by mantra - too much impact if bad news will wake up the dreamers and shatter all rose-tinted glasses that survived by now. And worst: the damage the discussion will do again would even happen if Daybreak just said "we give the legendary players 1% better chances" without even doing so, since that 1% could hardly be noticed anyway.

You're on lost ground, from the start. From the start, from the question for more - because it shows that the despicable sense of being entitled legendary users brought up against premium users in the past has reached the legendary users (if it hasn't been there all the time in the first place anyway :p)
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

If someone has 364$ to buy escrow every week for a year they are not very bright.

Main point being this past year legendary hasn't been the bang for your buck like in the past for reasons outlined in another thread.

I can't really say if TC are pay to win due to them not being on the test server. And since the feats from them are still smaller than 10% of all possible feat points.

TC make the game alot of money, I get that completely. But I highly doubt TC has retained more players and encouraged more players to sub especially considering we will probably only get 1 new DLC this year with rest being events.

Feats being in TC are here to stay that is for certain. So overtime the game will become p2w regardless of membership or premium.

Even if Promethium Lockboxes contained items that boost the chance of a rare drop from TC that would be beneficial to game due to those being available to everyone for a time sink.

But you can't honestly say that legendary benefits are in a great state. In fact I challenge devs or mepps to do a survey asking people how they feel about legendary benefits
    • Like x 2
  14. Caroline Dedicated Player

Fatal, you're just giving them good ideas and as you said - it's not going to happen. :D
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I've long been of the opinion that with regards to time capsules, members should get to open one or two per day for free (similar to Promethium lockboxes) and that members should have slightly improved drop rates of rare items. I'm not going to think that these things are going away, as much as I would like to see that happen.
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Mr Jameson, Parker wants better Time Capsule Drops and less RNG for being subbed. What is your response?

• Like x 2
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

Stabilizers should be free for members.
  18. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Yet it's a Trump style approach to not fully calculate their remaining value.

Doesn't matter if they are. Perception rules, and they are being perceived and discussed as pay-2-win. That discussion alone is unhealthy.

There goes your yesteryear mentaliy again. TC does not need to get players to sub. Subscription is a factor in this game permanently overrated in monetary effect, preferredly by players subscribed so they can feel "better" or be perceived as "something better". fact is: this game would have died long ago because subscription did NOT work. We wouldn't have lots of the crappy things in DCUO around atm if subscription would work. We also would not have to deal with crappy F2P players that need to be tricked into buying stuff by "gifts" like the skip to cr 100 token and "access everything"-weekends/-weeks/-months. And the devs wouldn't be so focused on keeping the addicted gamblers from noticing their addiction and keeping the TCs in a permanent state of hype, new, shiny etc.

It always has been P2W depending on definition. Just the players who were/are so "proud" of their achievements are losing ground on keeping their definition labeling DCUO as NOT P2W up with the current direction of the game. These players tend to leave then.

Nope. It's again the same way: asking to save money on the TCs. That's not beneficial, since it obviously looks like that money is needed (probably to pay Columbus Nova and their investors some big revenue). Cut the money, and the game is off, especially when Columbus Nova cannot be paid anymore.

I didn't say that. I last subscribed to get the free flash cowl with that subscription. I activated three accounts that way, and you know what? I maybe logged in 7-8 times in total (all accounts combined) and three of that logins were to claim the rewards. Because the game itself is not in a great state.

Your approach is currently like "please stay in the van, here's more candy" and that will not help the game at all. Linking the subscription benefits to TCs will not help the game either, besides: there are already those benefits. This game is old, it has run most of its course and worst of all it isn't challenging while it gets constantly dumbed down. It's currently attracting players used to buy through content, players used to play through games without much or any effort and players who live in states where gambling isn't easily accessible, so they can play the TC slot machine here.

And that is where the customer and company point of view gets important again: you can make a lot of claims, demands, suggestions that are all valid form the customers' point of view, like that it is a terrible target audience to build an interesting game around, or like subscription being in need of new perks etc., but from the company, all of them lack substance: the target audience is coming with open wallets and subscription is a concept near death on the MMO market anyway so focusing on it is a waste.

You will not understand their "no" unless you can look at it from their perspective. Of course: there perspective has next to nothing in common with yours, so you'd insist anyway, but when we reduce all the "this is bad for the game" and "subscription needs more perks" etc. talk, it boils down to:

- (some) subscribed players want to pay even less to achieve their TC feats

and

- Daybreak wants all that money, and knows that lots of their customers suffer personality disorders or deficits that will make those customers give in time and time again (because MMOs attract that kind of people, collectors, completionists, addictive personalities etc.)

Guess who's on the better side of that lever?

The solution is much simpler: pay what they want you to pay or opt out. With everyone opting out by choice, their side of the lever gets weaker.
  19. Saami Loyal Player

You just defined communism in one sentence.
  20. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I bought a $20 psn card... opened 21 TC & got 5 gear drops, twice it was the hands
    • Like x 1