shortest content ever? sins of black adam episode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Siramez, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Siramez Well-Known Player

raids take less than 10mins to complete in normal, i dont know what elites look like for raids. elite solo and elite alert also doesnt take that long. what did you guys do when dcuo was dry for 6 months?

just my small rant
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Elite raids can be done within 30 minutes, both of them including Qs and the odd wipe or two.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Seems fine to me :D
    • Like x 4
  4. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I have yet to run regular. My league had both elite completes within an hour of the server being up. Most of us have renown finished or close to.
    Haven't ran the alert, but the elite solo is also incredibly quick.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This is fine. I still prefer the one "large" raid setup. If they could take out 50% of the adds in both raids and the alert I would be happy.
    • Like x 2
  6. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It is a bit underwhelming to say the least. Perhaps regular is the new event. Elite is the new regular... and Elite plus in the coming weeks is the new trophy.

Makes sense. 2022. Participation trophies with stamps stating Elite accomplishments. Feeling good is what its all about.
  7. Achikah All About That Base

I actually really like the DLC quite a bit. The doubling up of shorter raids is more akin to my play style, and the difficulty I feel is ok, though I've only done a few regs so far. The elite solo is pretty fun too with my Hybrid roles. The step away from SUPER HP heavy bosses is also a win in my book, though I would have liked more mechanic heavy instances like FOTA or SG from JLD.

After several tech-heavy DLCs, getting back to a magic vibe was a treat. I also like what they did with the environment given the circumstance currently. They're still training new devs I'd assume, so splicing older content in with newer, awesome rooms and scenery was a good choice. It felt new despite it still having older areas involved, and some of the newer stuff was really cool (one example being after the Selfish/Hatred fight when you round the corner :eek: I haven't felt that way since FGS! (also, first room of the solo.. New cathedral/castle lair theme when!? =D))

For me, the addition of buyable furniture from Cheetah will definitely keep me playing for a long time to come, long after I've gotten gear and the OP items finished. I also think there will be some really cool cosmetics added too at each new stage given the new NPCs. However, I also understand those things aren't everyone's prerogative. Hopefully if an Elite+ drops it'll satiate that need for others?

Overall, this has been my favorite DLC in a really, really long time. I hope the next will be as enjoyable as well.
    • Like x 5
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I don't mind that the normal raids are quick to be honest - but I do think the elite versions of the raids are a little too easy, especially Rock of Eternity which can be done in 10 minutes or less - on day 1 of episode. Will likely become a 5 minute raid once players are geared and have episode augment buffs.

Boss health a little too low and lack of anything mechanic wise which would make it challenging even slightly.

Given the long wait for the episode this is a bit on the disappointing side and that will become more apparent in the next few weeks.
    • Like x 2
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Seems like overcompensation for RTEE.
    • Like x 1
  10. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

The alert this time around feels far more fun, I haven't ran elite but regular was fine.
    • Like x 3
  11. Dene Devoted Player

I agree - it all seems more fun BUT I was thinking about others who are not like me that like uber challenges

Conversation I had with a leaguer today (who loves Elite stuff) - after running Elite Alert

"Hey Dene, when was the last time you ran an Elite Alert on Day one of content?"

"hmmm, Wonderverse maybe.. no no.. before that... hhmmm no, I cannot recall"

LOL

we went in pretty much "blind" re: final boss mechanics but figured it out pretty quickly after a couple of wipes and got it done just fine

I am a pretty decent healer.. I just find Elite so "full on" - we were discussing this one and the mechanics are logical, beatable but not super easy and there is no BS luck based nonsense - which is why I think I did well

EDIT: my fear is they will now "tune things" before I can get more renown LOL
    • Like x 1
  12. Gibone New Player

I mean.

Alert regular takes longer to complete than both raids. The reason is there are multitude of adds to kill on the way... why? What's the point in that?

In any case, this content is not too easy if you consider not everyone is running with 200 artifacts. I think optimal difficulty for elite content should be built around 160 artifacts and half brain active players and elite plus should be geared towards people with attention spam longer than a potato with 200 artis. If not, people will just spam elite solo and be done with the dlc. And then we will complain that no one is running content.
    • Like x 5
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah. I blew through a LOT of toons last night running event for 'quick' returns before the reset, then after I had enough done I was running reg runs. I noticed very little difference in the time (or difficulty). I didn't try elite or E+ obviously, but yeah....reg was quick and easy.

Right now I might find some fault with it....but I can tell you in a month I'll be loving it when it's just a matter of 'get in-get out' runs.
    • Like x 1
  14. Siramez Well-Known Player

this is exactly why i feel this way for this dlc.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I won't have a chance to really play until tomorrow. Last night when I got home I blew through everything in about an hour and a half on my main and thats about it.

Don't hate what I've seen. I think theres a huge improvement on how everything looks. For the past few years NPC faces and looks have been kind of off. I think I hate every reskin done to the DC roster from Superman to Donna Troy to Raven on down the list. I'm actually loving the icons for some of the new stuff but I'm also an admitted cat lover.

I think my biggest gripe is that the alert and raids are in closed confinement. In a group of 8 with players summoning allies, boos, henchmen, artifact pets, robot sidekicks and the like I think I got stuck behind so many so many times it really was the most challenging aspect just trying to be able to move around. Then theres that whole "your powers don't work for a few seconds if you try to use them while swooping down in flight" thing that seems to happen every time I accidentally launch into flight...

My priorities have changed. I'm in no rush. This is going to be it as far as new stuff to do for at least the next three or four months. No rush to get anything done. By the time we get new content again we'll all be in the same spot.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I think the raids aren't too fast, but really just one giant raid. It's like the opposite of The Sixth Dimension raid, which was just two raids put together as an Operation.

The alert has too many adds and is probably the longest piece of content to run, because of it.

I didn't have time yesterday to do any elite except for the solo, but honestly, the amount of content is about the same as the last two DLCs. So yeah, I feel they were going to do more but the whole mass dev leaving thing caused it to be cut short. Which is sad.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah way to many skinny doors for all the pets and such. And the NPCs were basically jamming each other up on the alert at one point. It was like watching the 3 stooges....I expected Black Adam to say 'spread out knuckleheads' at one point.
    • Like x 4