Shields and Tactical Mods

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Giggles, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Giggles Loyal Player

I have all 3 of the controller power sets and can't help but wonder why the shields are not equal for the shield healing tactical mod. I'm sorry I don't remember the name of this mod right this very second, I'll update it later. However, why is it Light can use this tactical mod and get the benefits of the shield healing mod by using light barrier, while neither mental or gadgets gets to use it for hide or grandeur? Light barrier even deals a bit of damage where grandeur and hide are only shields. This should be corrected to make it even across all 3 controller power sets. Yes I know grandeur and hide are 2nd tier and light barrier is 3rd tier, However light barrier also does damage while grandeur and hide do no damage, so it seems even, the only difference is light can make use of this mod while mental and gadgets cannot in the same earlier tier that light can.
    • Like x 2
  2. JMBOO New Player

I was not aware that Hide and Grandeur were considered shields.

If they are technically considered shields, then the mod should cover them, however, if they are not, then they should not be covered.

I do know that both Mental and Gadgets each have a power that is technically considered a shield, so maybe this is why it is the way it is.

Kind of like how the Empowered channeling mod works for Ionic Drain but not for Blossom or Invocation of Renewal, as apparently they are not considered channeled powers.

Anyway, that is what I think. Hopefully one of the experts will look in here and drop some knowledge, as I am curious about this myself.
  3. Yallander Loyal Player

Hide (I think you mean distract tbh as hide is no longer available and stealth opens up more attacks and another power tray) and Grandeur aren't "shields" so much as a way to recover from knockdowns and mitigate damage. When I use swarm shield it doesn't stand me right back up and the recharge on swarm shield isn't as short. Making such a mod available on either would effectively make both powersets nigh unklllable.

Also this is a duplicate topic from here, so you may want to pick a forum and stick with it Giggles:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/tactical-shield-healing-mod.726/#post-6500
  4. Giggles Loyal Player

It belongs in both technically, as it is power/mod related issue. Also testing it, I found it has still not been corrected. Hence why it is also posted in the Test Feedback section. I am mainly focusing on the testing forum for now, but will focus here if after game update 23 it is still not corrected.

Again all 3 troller sets have a shield in the final tier. If light barrier gets the benefit from it, then so should distract and grandeur. If distract and grandeur do not get added to list then light barrier should be removed as well.
  5. Captain Hail Level 30

Giggles first of all light barrier isn't like grandeur or distract, light barrier is usable while controlled but not through hard stuns while both grandeur and distract are usable during stuns and hard stuns. Secondly another big difference between them is that light barrier reflects damage back at it's attacker and cost more power, very similar to ice's reflect. Also each power only has one shield that works with the regenerative shielding mod.
  6. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

I would take a aggro dump like Distract any day over light barrier
  7. Supermans Champion New Player

Ok someone please enlighten me then..... Reflect gets a heal off this weapon mod however, winter ward and shatter restraints have been given the same animation as far as the new up date goes hopefully they will also provide heals. At least winter ward should because that certainly is equal to reflect same animation and everything as well as reflects damage.