Up-Votes Needed Range Lunge with Shield Weapon is Broken

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by IzzyLizzard dcuo, Dec 22, 2020.

1. IzzyLizzard dcuo Level 30

So when you lunge with shield from range distance it doesn’t counter a block breaking attack like it should. Seems to work fine from melee distance tho. Other weapons seem to work fine from range distance too, although I haven’t went thru all of them to check.

Is this bugged or is shield the only weapon you can’t lunge/counter from range distance?

Read through a few pages didn’t see anything about this.
    Thank You
    • Like x 8
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've seen a similar issue with Hand Blasters.
    • Like x 1
  3. farm3rb0b Committed Player

This thread does exist!

Necro'ing this instead of creating a new. This has been driving me up the wall. I use a shield on all my armories and this is every single piece of content. My lunge will not counter a target unless I try 2 or more times. The first lunge does nothing, even if I let that play out all the way until I'm hugging the target (as opposed to clipping it which is safer).

Edit: In case there're questions as to whether the target is able to be countered via lunge, others in my group have no issues. Their weapons range. Some are DW, some are 1H, I think one or two are Brawling and HB. And I'm talking obvious attacks. "Break out and lunge Zoom!" I lunge, nada. Someone else lunges, success! :confused:
    • Like x 1
  4. Leonite Well-Known Player

Thank you! My shield toon is a healer so I rarely lunge at anything but this has been in my mind. I've encountered this multiple times when I lunge against Profressor Zoom's timed attack in the WoF alert and it doesn't work the first time (because I was ranged) but the second time it will work since I'm in melee range after the first lunge.
    • Like x 1
  5. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I have noticed this problem since the Flashpoint episode came out. When we were running the Royal War alert, when you need to lunge Zoom, we would notice that shield would not take him out of the lunge. Both the healer and I were using shield weapons, and we'd have to lunge multiple times before the interrupt would take. This would happen whether we let the animation take us all the way to Zoom or we clipped the lunge with a power.

Now that there are lunge mechanics on bosses in the new raid, this has become an issue again. After a talk with leaguemates, other weapons seem to be working fine, but shield doesn't interrupt - letting the animation play out, clipping it, waiting until the icon shows up above the bosses head.
    • Like x 2
  6. Henoshock Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  7. farm3rb0b Committed Player

This is what I believe to be happening, yes. The distance for the interrupt seems to be wrong, because you can make it to the thing you're lunging and still not get an interrupt. Pretty sure you still get the white number for damage, though.
    • Like x 1
  8. Stranger Well-Known Player

Yea... shield weapon used to be my fav weapon until i noticed the Bug back in 2019. Now im playing with One Handed. Also a fast weapon for Tanks, but Not as fast. Imagine this Video was from 2019. I guess we will never see shield fixed. :-(
    • Like x 1