Shelved characters

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

So when are we gonna see:

Arsenal
    Black Alice
    Captain Atom
    Mad Hatter
    Plastic Man
    Wally West
    Plastic Man

Or better yet, Geo Force and Livewire who are only character presets?
  2. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Yes, Captain Atom please
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Jack Ryder has been in the game since day one yet still no Creeper. :(
    • Like x 2
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Good Luck
    DC is excessively strict with their IP, i can only imagine what the creative half of this game gets to do with the IP, since WB calls all the shots on whats added
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Beyond that, I'd imagine the stories they want to tell in episodes factors into character use decisions as well. It wouldn't make much sense if they had an episode based on a comic story and threw in a character that wasn't even peripherally involved just to have the character put into the game.

I think power set challenges might be an issue too. On the OP's list, Plastic Man in particular could provide some nasty little headaches for giving him powers, especially if he wasn't just a quest giver NPC and was actively participating in content runs.
    • Like x 1
  6. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Have we had Kite Man?
  7. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I was pretty surprised to see the Hawks, Cyborg and Martian Manhunter recently in Metal. I'm glad they weren't forgotten lol. I'd be super happy if we could get more Green Arrow appearances in future episodes.
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'd add that so far Deadshot is due for arrival hopefully some day. And more Spectre and Phantom Stranger would be great too.
  9. dresserball Dedicated Player

They didn't do much with the Overlord either. He was a great villian.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I heard about him on the Internet and that he was pretty strong too. :)
  11. Magician Dedicated Player

I thought you were going to talk about how I got most of my 32 characters that are shelved due to the lack of ability to level up alts in DCUO

#disappointed
    • Like x 2
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

The entire roster of the LSH says "hi".

[IMG]
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Not really. Because of the baked in all-in-one character models, stretching powers are perfectly do-able for NPC characters with relative quality, if the Devs decided to. It's a different answer for player characters because of the separate style pieces our models use for our costumes.
  14. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Red Hood, please. :(
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Possibly, but I think you'd still be facing having to make some new animations at the very least, and while the memory space is available it's still (from my understanding) neither cheap nor easy to make the new animations. So that could be a potential stumbling block.

Well, that and those who would see those powers as "proof" that the devs lied about an elastic power set and would start demanding it be available for players (all while ignoring the player costume detail that you pointed out AND that the devs have never really promised a power set like that LOL).
  16. Rainnifer Committed Player

I'm starting to recall memories deep in my conscious of an NPC named Kid Flash twirling his arms in such a way that would bend and stretch his body out of shape as he attacked a giant robot :eek:
  17. Apollonia Dedicated Player

That's a good point actually. Depending on their motivations, they may or may not want to do something because you're exactly right (see Rainnifer's reply) that players would completely misunderstand and start thinking it was evidence that it was possible for their characters too.

ah. old DLCs. good times. :)
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

i've wanted to see plastic man forever, even elongated man, but plasz would be awesome
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

20. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i want to see red hood in this game not the style the character