Share your bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jan 15, 2020.

1. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I’m not sure. I just happened to find this one while I was farming for items to put in my back to base-ics base-off entry.
    (but a single banking bat sounded like just the thing for my Wayne foundation bachelor pad that I couldn’t resist!)

Now… speaking of base-off….my terrace is looking good but I wish we could hang things on those overhead cross beams!
    [IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    • Like x 1
  2. beardrive Committed Player

Today Brandylicious is managing things for Madame Xanadu at her Royal Seafood Buffet--formerly Felix Faust's digs at Mannheim's Chinese Theatre. Come try the Seafood buffet, the Hibachi beef, extensive Sushi bar, or have the Seafood Hotpot all in an exclusive Tatami room. Tour the modern kitchen, complete with modern aquariums for the freshest fish around! Stay in luxurious Dynasty settings for a wedding, a wedding banquet, a tarot reading, or a mystical prediction from Madame Xanadu's own Cards of Fortune. There may be an element of mystery at the end; after all, the joint belongs to Madame Xanadu...

• Like x 3
  3. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I don’t know why, but every once in a while, I’ll be placing a wall or a bookshelf, and when I step back to look at my setup, It seems like one of the walls has a slight diagonal lean to it…..
    • Like x 2
  4. Eve YouTuber

I would love to eat there.
    • Like x 2
  5. beardrive Committed Player

Madame Xanadu would love to have you!
    • Like x 2
  6. beardrive Committed Player

Today we are with Branthar in his League Hall, Melancholia. It has all the modcoms one might expect in a League Hall on the moon...with an active plasma Moonforge*. Tour the mainframe CPU, Multiversal cartography and navigation, and a Demon Worm throw-down with alien arachnids in Engineering. Dinner and a movie await!

*(Sponsored by Trigon)
    • Like x 2
  7. Achikah All About That Base

My man, you cannot just hover there and talk about league hall sized furniture and aesthetics for half a minute without mentioning the very methodical placement of those lava flows on those Grecian goddess in the background.

X'DDD I'm dead.
    • Like x 1
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I was going for a long time ... but as always there is no time;) (I still haven’t even found time for SM (they say that season 3 is pretty easy ... but there’s no time ... I’ll call this year a year of " late flea cat"...)... so I was going for a long time, but finally I recorded a video for the base that unexpectedly won the summer competition...
    I tried to show also those moments that, it seems to me, were not included in the stream ...

• Like x 1
  9. beardrive Committed Player

HAHAHA! I love it when people create the "so very essentially nuanced" double-entendre or toilet jokes I make visually all the time in the base designs. You make me out far cleverer than I really am (and tyvm for noticing)! XD
    • Like x 1
  10. beardrive Committed Player

Treasured Island - Brandylicious

Ahoy Terrans! It's summer time so sling your hook for a treasure hunt of adventures! From seafaring ships gone asunder in hurricanes to cackling parrots, old curmudgeons heavy on the sauce and shark steak. Visit the Enchanted Sigil beach bar and hear a tale of a burning planet recounted by a Hessian whaler. Tales of stolen treasures and sightseers gone missing await!

• Like x 2
  11. Eve YouTuber

Working on a Galactic Prison, So this is WIP:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Achikah All About That Base

Ahhhh!!! I missed so much cool stuff! The hands coming through the forest, the run over skeleton, the skeletons lurking: such a great base. Love the narrative, truly a tale to be told! Well done, my friend!

Very fun base, I love the No Swimming signs before the built in Atlantean windows and the pirate gathering dock/beach/bar. Makes me wanna start working on my own pirate's sunken ship base again, haha!

Very nicely done!

Very nice start. The HoL base is great for galactic anything, and a prison will be very cool to see!
    • Like x 2
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Thanks ;)

In the previous post, I mentioned the lack of time...but this is only part of the problem, alas...the other part is that I'm not very happy with the DCUO lately, it's very hard to find something other than a tedious grind lately...and grind , does not give any tangible reward... DLC without new base items, seasonal events with not very attractive base items... SM for which I was essentially late (after two weeks .... if you are not in the league, you can forget about the rounds above 10-20...) and in which there are only a couple of posters and repainted totem animals... even the system of allies, which I really like, is killed a little for me because of the next Batman (4? ...4!!!) instead of something more worthy of attention ... so I'll probably take a solid break (no, of course I'll drop in (I need to watch a new event (where base items are dull again :( ...), I will need to watch a new DLC ... but this is at the most Casual level. ..), and before the break I’ll post one updated base ... alas, I didn’t have enough strength for a new one (although there is an idea, for a new base ...)...

• Like x 2
  14. Achikah All About That Base

I honestly am starting to feel the burn out too with DCUO. Seasonal items have been stringing me along for awhile but that's even starting to putter out. There's usually 1-2 things per drop that get me sort of excited, but honestly, there's a big disconnect- there's no filler furniture or anything equating to existing pieces to help get creative with bases. And it's not that I don't appreciate the load screen posters, I am thankful they gave us SOMETHING, but man... I am so sick of load screen posters being a crutch for lack of furniture creation. I get being short staffed but damn, dude... We've been patient for a long time now, because I'm also counting how disappointing the Flashpoint DLC furniture was. If next DLC doesn't have a good portion of lucrative furniture at launch.... ya, I'm going to be quite vocal.

BUT, that's an IF, and I'm going to be recklessly optimistic that next DLC will be better. For now, I'm spending my downtime relaxing, helping leaguemates, casually running SM, and setting up the last two Base Offs of the year.

Now, onto the real reason for this post- your update is AWESOME! Your use of statues has really inspired me to look differently at them not only as statuary/decorative but as living beings. I never would of though Isis could fit in a chair so well! XD Really love this base- for how lonely bases can get without Pets/NPCs, this really feel lived in and full of life. Very well done!
    • Like x 2
  15. Rejchadar Inquisitor

And this, by the way, is an interesting moment ... in real life, I’m more of an introvert ... I can get away from people for a week during my vacation, turn off phones, emails ... but lately my bases have been densely populated ... by the way, if you inadvertently thought why the statues of Spartans, Warriors, Armors and Diving Suits disappear in the broker... it's my fault... I have an idea to create a base in the form of a fantasy military garrison...:oops:
    • Like x 2
  16. beardrive Committed Player

Welcome to the Intergalactic Planetary Travel Agency! ...or the Interplanetary Galactic Travel Agency. Either way, today your envoy and ally will be Fro, an Intergalactic liaison for which the travel agency was originally founded. Any number of journeys await in this interstellar gathering place where there are no planes, only portals; no cars only conduits; and no boats, only Bogon space. If you're fixing to get gussied up, you might even have the opportunity to travel back in time!

• Like x 1
  17. TeeVolt Well-Known Player

Wow, I am truly impressed with everyone's ability to reformat the floor plans using their base items! Really incredible!
    • Like x 2
  18. TeeVolt Well-Known Player

Hi! This is awesome! Can you by chance tell me the name of the window/portal on the left behind the Venus plant?
  19. Eve YouTuber

Haya! The underwater window? This is part of the Atlantean Lair :)
  20. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

yay 1000th comment