Shadowlands - How to open the door

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ryll, May 3, 2024.

1. Ryll Committed Player

I have come across far too many people since they added the collections for the aura to the game who don't know you can open the door at the start if your partner heads through first. We can also use the same switch that Dr. Fate uses to open the door initially to join our partner.
    • Like x 3
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My favorite thing is how many people warp out because they see the 'return to last location' portal come up just past the doorway. My buddy has been spamming this run to try and get the collection and about 2-3x a night he'll say 'you doing anything? Want a free LB on Shadowlands?' So I'll jump in and get 0 collections...same as him.

I've seen it too, mainly before the 'changes', and always thought it was because I'd be trying to rush past the initial adds to clear the next rooms and people would rage leave....but then I watched a guy do it as I stood there just past the portal. So I figure it's much more likely people just doing 'see button...hit button' vs a purposeful walk out.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ryll Committed Player

I can see that happening too. The instance before I recorded this video the person was a definite rage quit. Sent me tells after they left thanking me for locking them out. So figured a video of how to open it would be helpful.
    • Like x 1
  4. Grip Committed Player

Interestingly (lol or not depending on preference) pub enthusiasts can also return to relax and look around after the boss fight if they want. Simply walk back, side-step the exit portal and turn the gear. Same same from the opposite side. Good share :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Nice! I never knew about that. I always warped rally. They should get rid of the "return to last location" portal.
    • Like x 2
  6. the solowing Unwavering Player

Why don't they return the yellow ring indicating. Why did they even remove it?
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hmmm? It's there. You can see it in the video even. I'm just saying some people just see something like that and hit a button without reading what it does. Probably get all butt hurt that they are not invited back too.

As for the reason WHY it's there? I'd guess it is for if for some wacky reason you were 'stuck' and couldn't beat the map, you could leave once the door shuts behind you and you are blocked from the bar. Not sure if anyone's ever been in that situation, but if it happened, you can't get out via the end portal.