Not A Bug SGe Madness Not Increasing Damage Dealt

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by AV, Dec 30, 2019.

1. AV Loyal Player

Our stats and damage are supposed to increase as Madness does but it isn't working anymore. We're hitting for the exact same amount at 99 Madness as we do at 0 Madness. This makes everything way tankier, even at current CR, and makes Raving Mad especially frustrating since it's a DPS race based around the idea that we're supposed to be hitting harder as Madness goes up. Please fix this.
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Wow, so the list of ways Raving Mad is broken has gotten longer and not shorter...

"Shock me, shock me, shock me with that deviant behavior"
    • Like x 2
  3. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

They should just auto complete all SGe related feats for everyone. It’s safe to assume that they can’t fix it so no point in waiting or asking on forum. How long has it been since the bug?? They should just not touch it anymore because they can’t fix it. Every time they try to they break something else and that raid id beyond broken already
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

its a self Fixing issue… If they wait long enough, the average Player Cr/Stats will rise up to the Point of everyone not needing those Madness buffs. Sad but true. They should just leave it as it is - mark it as bugged in the feat menu and move on. Its a waste of Dev time at this Point. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  5. AV Loyal Player

Until they necro some of the code for something else down the road (eg. US) and the nightmare starts anew. Nah, **** that. We pay for this content and they should fix it. Corporate management needs to get its head out of its *** and give the devs the tools, funds, manpower, and freedom they need to address this stuff in a timely manner.
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i agree but
    sadly
    its not going to happen (the funds this game needs)
  7. AV Loyal Player

Any progress? Relevant due to being intrinsically tied to the other SGe top bug thread and ultimately being a bigger problem than the cog issue.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are taking a look.
    • Like x 1
  9. AV Loyal Player

Thank you. Really wanna emphasize that this is the bigger of the two issues. Our stats only increased by like 5-10(ish?, basically just mean not a superhuman increase) percent overall since JLD whereas I believe Madness was like a 1:1% boost, so we're currently 45-95% weaker when attempting Raving Mad than we were three episodes back, making it functionally impossible for 99.999% of the playerbase and still utterly savage for the 100th percentile of DPS.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have not been able to reproduce this ourselves. A video or any other information would be useful.

Are you seeing this every time, or intermittently?
  11. AV Loyal Player

At work right now but think I have some vids. I could also go back in and record damage at zero madness and damage at 90+ madness, which will probably be easier to digest. On the last attempt I was definitely hitting no harder as madness increased, regardless of madness level, and with episode augs, group buffs, and troll def debuff I was actually hitting Harbinger for less at 90+ madness than I hit stuff in most other content in general (wasn't the case during JLD). Damage now has been the same at zero as it is at 50 as it is at 99. It was in seeing my attacks hit for virtually the exact same at 90+ madness in SGe as I see them do in, for example, PCe or any other content that tipped me off that the buff mechanic isn't working anymore.

Not sure if intermittent but I suspect it's happening every time based on experience. For example, during JLD, the Tala fight would start slow but as madness increased she'd melt pretty quickly whereas now she maintains the same level of tankiness throughout. Similarly, Mordru used to just evaporate during JLD and now he feels very spongy every time. Basically, everything is dying slower now than it did three episodes ago. During JLD, the raid only felt slow until you got madness to 50-70 then things started to melt due to the big buff madness provided. Now, everything just stays at that slow burn state throughout.

Because of the cog issues, it wasn't until our last Raving Mad run where I realized "k it's impossible we didn't meet the DPS check with 5 of the best DPS in the game on a near-perfect run three episodes later with seasonal crit food to boot," and one of our killsquad who has the feat even commented that the failure shouldn't have been possible as we had more than enough burn and that they managed it with only four comparable DPS during JLD while killing adds. Similarly, on runs where the cog issue burnt the feat for us back during JLD, we managed to do just as much damage with 4 less-nutsy DPS while still killing adds than we did the other day with 5 99-100th percentile DPS three episodes on while strictly focusing the boss (no split damage).

Note: I didn't check but someone else commented that Madness was appearing in the active effects sub menu but it definitely wasn't boosting damage so I suspect it also wasn't actually boosting stats as it should.
  12. Draconiano Committed Player

Please, just let us complete the feat (Raving Mad) when we beat Mordru, in 2 months will be a whole year since the DLC launched and this raid isn't fixed yet. I'm sick of waiting for a fix.
  13. AV Loyal Player

Can't find the vid of our last run but have our only other "clean cog" run and I kept recording after Madness went back to 0. Will render and pm with timestamps. Ironically, it also shows how cog behaviour at <50 is completely different, as we never let it go above 24 when clearing.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For damage, players never or should never have received double damage or more at any point from madness. Every 5 madness increases damage by 1%, so that maxes out at...19% damage just before wipe. This hasn't changed in the data since before launch, and wouldn't be intended if a bug made something else happen here.

What you're describing with keeping madness low is also as intended. I think we've tried to explain it before, but shazam offers his cog at 20 madness every time. After that if you miss it, it's every 25 seconds. So if you are on top of it early you can stay there.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

16. AV Loyal Player

We were hitting a lot harder than +20% during JLD. Night and day difference to how it is now. If it was bugged then, fine, but that's just something else that would have badly skewed Raving Mad balance. Our CR290+ 1115 200 artifact runs are slower than our 1124 mid-JLD 160 art pug runs. No other raid is remotely like this.
    • Like x 1
  17. AV Loyal Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Also, I just sent you a vid where my unbuffed 0 madness damage is the same as my 90+ madness damage for any given attack, which I checked against three different runs before making this thread.... so how is this "not a bug?" In the same way that the double or no cog issue "wasn't a bug" for the entire ******* year while you ignored us? I'm not trying to be a dick but the team has set a clear precedent that they don't know wtf is going on with this raid and this feat in particular, so please stop brushing this stuff under the rug.

The community has put an astronomical amount of effort into just getting you guys to acknowledge the most blatant issues with this and they're still not fixed. Cog's still ****** most of the time, for example; for every clean run we'd have 5 runs burnt by a double cog proc. The feet dragging / gaslighting on this is insane. People pay for this stuff.

Edit: I'm sorry for being so blunt on this, it's just that for whatever reason it's proven to be the only way to get the team to acknowledge the most obvious, glaring issues in SGe.
    • Like x 3
  18. AV Loyal Player

Also:

Based on Mill's own description, the assertion that it can be indefinitely maintained between 0-25 is impossible. We've already beaten this dead horse to a bloody pulp:

If cog = ready but madness =/= 20, cog wait until madness = 20
    ;It's only possible for this to happen once because Madness increases at 1/s, so once it's passed 20 once it should never be able to go back to 0 again because by the next time the cog is scheduled to appear, the Madness will have ticked higher than 20.

If Madness >19 and cog = ready then pop cog
    ;Madness climbs to 24-25 while cog is activated

If cog activated, reduce madness by 20
    ;Madness continues climbing while cog lowers it. Madness should stop at ~6-8 after the first time it's been activated if the fight started with Madness at 0.
    ;Madness increases at 1/s, so it should only be possible for the cog to be delayed a single time, after which Madness should continue to climb incrementally with each activation, never being reduced lower than it was before the previous cog activation concluded

The video I sent proves what that logic already demonstrates. Also, Mill didn't say we get a cog every time Madness hit's 20, he said we can't get a cog until it hits 20. Ie. if we were going to get a cog before then, it can't show up until 20. If you were going to program it where you could could keep it at 0 forever there would have been no point to programming it all for all the effort it took.

The link you posted actually supports what I'm telling you: what you're seeing happen in the 2nd run in that video shouldn't be possible based on Mill's breakdown of the programming.
    • Like x 3
  19. AV Loyal Player

Correction: "If cog = ready but Madness =/= 20, cog wait until Madness = 20" should have read "If cog = ready but Madness <20, cog wait until Madness = 20" above, but you get the point.
  20. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

I have like no words for this anymore... So many threads and posts regarding the raid in general and the cog in particular since it's tied to a feat and here we are... Yet another thread that will probably get swept under a rug...
    • Like x 2