Servers and Queue

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caseline, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Caseline New Player

Is there any chance for the EU and NA servers to merge? If this is the case, we can find on-duty missions faster and the cities will be fuller. It takes most of the PVE missions in an average of 30 minutes, i do not even want to mention PVP. As the game is not a serious competitive game, we can ignore the small ping increase as players. I'm sure this will give the game a huge advantage and reduce queue time + Cities and the other locations will be more populated to keep players social and up to date in a long time.
    • Like x 1
  2. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Oh dw. People have been vocal about it. I take it you are on eu? eu is low populated as it is, i dont think a merge would help it imo. would just be a mess. Not to mention the daily downtime for each server. When will they do it? US morning + EU afternoon? EU morning + US afternoon? It would be a nightmare
  3. Caseline New Player

People around the world may want to enter the game at different times (Some go to school, some go to work, some just want to play until the morning.), and it is always better to have the game's population active every hour. There is not the slightest problem about the servers going into maintenance, after the maintenance is over, everyone will be able to access the game. As a game designer, I can say that many MMO games (including mobile games) have thousands of players and there are no problems, although most of them are global servers. Global Servers increase Socialization, reduce game finding times, keep the population alive and contribute to extending the life of the game.
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Americans would throw a fit, if they had to deal with people speaking different languages. Not to mention people who speak English correctly... :p
    • Like x 1
  5. Caseline New Player

In the vast majority of EU Servers or in games with Global Servers, I did not see that English is a problem. In general, people speak English quite understandably. ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Originally from Egypt, moved to the UK (may not seem like an upgrade, but to me, it was). I can barely understand 60% of the british accents so for me it wouldnt make a difference. Dont understand much arabic, nor english. Im a mess either way :( :D
    • Like x 2
  7. GermanM Committed Player

Yes, merge the servers, please.
    • Like x 1
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I can relate a bit. I'm not a native English speaker and I lived in UK for 20 years. Now I moved to Ireland and I have to ask people to repeat themselves, again...
  9. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

To be honest, not a fan of the idea, for multiple reasons.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Im not sure when EU players will accept a small latency issue is better than their dying server.

It'll have to happen eventually, I think they should just move it already.
    • Like x 1
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Do you mean PC/PS US and EU servers or do you mean the Switch's US and EU servers? Just wanna make what specifically is being discussed clear.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

PC/PS EU server needs to be merged with US.

I believe the latency issue is overstated by some, it's perfectly playable, I've been playing from the South Pacific for 14 years now, it's not the drama it's made out to be unless you've got a dial up connection.
    • Like x 1
  13. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

This game has frequent down times. Usually 5+ hours. If they take the servers down, 1PM GMT. That is anywhere between 6-8pm (Depending on the time. This maint lasted from 1pm to 21:00 ish). That is down for most people in the EU if they have work in the morning or so on.
    That would make the downtime for US at 6-7am. Meaning not many americans are on and it would be easier to have maint then as it impacts less people.

Now. Switch those roles:
    America downtime in the afternoon in its peak would lose them alot of money each time. People are spending often and if 75% of the games population cant play at peak time, it will be a heavy loss in revenue.

Eventually yes, they may merge the servers, but i would not count on it due to timings, age of technology and the game.
  14. wisetoons Well-Known Player

Trust me shutdown time doesn't matter at all.
  15. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I was asking OP which *they* meant in the initial post. (Also I don’t think latency is the main issue most people have with the idea, but I haven’t taken a poll of every opposer’s reasons or anything)
  16. Dene Devoted Player

They could do that AND a name reclaim at same time (since they'd have to anyway)
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry but for anyone saying that maintenance times wouldn’t be an issue… have y’all seen this community? Any time there is any minor inconvenience threads get made asking for compensation lol. This community is extremely spoiled so I doubt people from either server would be ok with maintenance being done during their peak hours.
  18. Trended Active Player

EU here, agree servers need to merged why not just try it out for a week and see the response to the community keep the changes or revert based on the feedback
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Probably partly why theyre resisting, that would be an absolute nightmare
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Is it wrong to say that at some point people need to decide what complaint matters more?

Inconvenient downtimes or longer queues.
    • Like x 1