Server Issues

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Jun 18, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The lag on USPS server has been 50/50 for the past week or two but today it's especially rough. I notice it more in open world: get stuck in animation interacting with objects, hit a power and the animation takes a second or two to start, slight rubberbanding with enemies. Anything that causes the camera to auto pan in/out (exonodes, mission objectives) is delayed by two seconds. You have to wait for the camera view to pan out before you start moving or you will fly off screen.

Typing messages in the chat box is also slow.

Running the Vault: presents fall and before they hit the floor they start falling again, have to hit them several times to break them.
    • Like x 3
  2. AV Loyal Player

Agreed. It's been intermittent with fluctuating severity but a fairly common occurrence this past week. I had a similar experience in vault last night where presents took 1-2 seconds to blow up after hitting them / picking up/throwing a ball would leave the ball in my hands and throw, etc. Frustrating because it wreaks havoc on SM runs. On the up side, I've only had a single crash this entire month which is a huge improvement.
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Weird because I just got 2 crashes yesterday while mid combat. My game usually only crashes when zoning, and the last crash that I can recall being like the 2 I've mentioned happened when Earth 3 was new. o_O

Anyway, what annoyed me the most was not getting an invite back to the group I was in both cases. -_-
    • Like x 1
  4. AV Loyal Player

That sucks. I'm guessing my lack of crashes has been a function of my spending 99.9% of my time this month in SM. I'm guessing it's a lot less crash prone by design vis a vis people would freak tf out if they kept losing hours of slow boss grind to disconnects and white boxes lol
  5. MiLady Well-Known Player

Its been happening to me a lot today on USPC. It happens in vault as the OP described and open world missions. I did not want to do any queued missions because the lag will disrupt any fights, especially with boss battles.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Update: There is now severe stuttering and rubberbanding in the JLD Duo and Alert. When moving from one location of the instance to another sometimes players are being deposited outside the map.
  7. Rainnifer Committed Player

Just saw that happen in the Alert, but I noticed the latency issues are happening everywhere right now. Taking a break, may get better later hopefully.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have been tracking this as well. I don't have an update yet.
    • Like x 1
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Just to give you another update Mepps. 2 of my League Mates were in SM this morning and immediately the instance was lagging for both them. Once they re-qued it was fine but all four people in the SM were saying the instance was lagging. About 10-15 minutes later I went into a Darkness Rises Alert and the instance was lagging for all 4 of us. Non-stop rubber banding throughout the entire instance. We just pushed our way through it but it was pretty bad. Have no idea if this information helps but just thought I would point out that it is still happening and re-quing does seem to help but it is a coin flip essentially.