Server Issues with Power set balancing and testing Methods

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by MyDpsIsBetter, Mar 5, 2016.

1. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

The issues currently with power balancing seems to not change with every game update, because the main issues are not being attacked. The constant training dummy testing is some of the worse testing I have ever seen taken into account in a MMO. I have been trying to stress this for the past 2-3 years, that it is the worst testing method possible. In a MMO not every power set should be balanced in every way but have strong and weak points. Currently Both Rage/Hardlight should be the games strongest dps in any content where they can survive in point blank melee range not only because of the risk/reward of melee but the skill curve or not pressing four powers in a row and doing great damage "looking at ice" who does amazing damage at a great range without having to deal with the risk of being at close range. I am not attacking ice players you are using whats presenting to you, I am not calling for a nerf for any power set but a total reevaluation of powers and how they work in real time.
    First step is to look at how pet powers work cause currently they are the best dps source in the game when used by any decent player, constant damage is the best source of damage in this game, the freedom to get knocked down, stop attacking ect and still have a pet that can still keep your damage up is ideal, pair that along side a player that is adapt with clipping with a weapon such as a one handed weapon and you have the games strongest dps class.
    Nature/Cele/Lighting these powers not so much with Cele all have the slowest build up damage on the entire game and it's not even close. This fix isn't even a hard fix for Nature increase the base damage of DoT's or with each tick to longer the DoTs go and are refreshed they increase til it caps. You removed WM when using DoTs when that's all the class has from the start that never made sense to me same goes to Elec if these powers are based around DoT they should be the games strongest Boss Killers, while lacking against adds.

Mental/Gadgets/Quantum"needs a little damage buff" Are where powers of mid tier should be and work.
    They should be the most consistent dps not the best in any one area melee/range/bosses but they have the abilty to be in a safe distance and do good damage, The shortcuts allow them to do decently on adds which is fair.

I hope some of what I have said reaches not only the devs but the testers as well because this testing that has been going on needs to be looked at it is getting us no where and making every power set cookie cutter.
    • Like x 8
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

My dude, its all been said. It's not considered at all.
    Symptoms have been treated, not the root cause.. absolutely right in real content. And this is with Roles in mind too.
    • Like x 3
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I know and it's getting puzzling at this point. The constant addressing mid range dps formula when in reality their is no such thing as mid range dps. Only dps who can do constant damage at a high rate.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

This entirely.

I can pinpoint a big issue with Nature/Elec.
    It's not just set up time, or WM being obsolete.
    It's their splitting problems. DoTs are notoriously bad for splitting. They get worse in boss fights with lots of adds... their potency gets reduced.

Same with pets. Idk why Fury and Crystal dont give the player a scalar that puts all the powersets abilities on par with a WM crit, sans DoTs. Then having them hit 14k max would be alright. Their weapon attacks should also hit harder. Tone down their ability damage.

HL Rage Celestial are all EXTREMELY VULNERABLE.
    Celestial having nothing to compensate for in that area amd being hindered by tech.
    HL being hindered by tech...
    Rage being hindered by tech..
    Rage has it rough in content. Holy damn.. It's worse than Celestial at times.. it definitely should have higher burn.
    Celestial.. a fractional burst power with a good diverse arsenal. Just fragile as fine glass. Can do serious hurt but THE SLOWEST power.
    HL cannot do buffs or shields in their loadout to amp their damage and survival up a bitdue to tech. In content these three powers must be close to do competent damage.. if not the powers' damage is crap.

The burst powers are fine but have it way too easy. Their needs to be an actual set up for them. Poor Quantum... still broken as ****.. And in reverse manner this time.

Ice Fire and Munitions...
    Ice is the fastest
    Fire can potentially outdo Ice
    Munitions gonna be OP
    not much to say on that.
    • Like x 4
  5. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Im sorry but the only thing that stood out was the fire can out do ice . But i dont see how for as long as the cast time is the dmg out from it is mediocre
    It needs a dot buff and reduced cast time even now after the last reduction and theres no grace period for keeping the am up either this needs to be addressed
  6. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Finally someone who understand. Thank you. Those sparring targets testing aren't helping the game.
    • Like x 3
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

A DoT buff is not gonna help fire much. I can get behind cast time removal.
    It's not bad.. its just that people aren't smart with the power at all and note I said potentially outdo Ice. :)
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

And until Tunso realises real time tests are needed we will never reach actual balance. No point having 3 cars with a max speed of 100mph if they all take different times to reach that.
    • Like x 7
  9. Elite DamageX Well-Known Player

I just posted something similar about this in other thread, about what they did wrong with HL an how sparring target doesn't give you real game numbers based on situations. For instance.....was killed in damage by Gadgets dps running BN on a nice clean run as HL as same CR an both fully modded. A lot of it came from being interrupted at a ridiculous range by adds. Now how is a sparring target gonna tell you that.
    • Like x 3
  10. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Yea i know the the dot buff wont help much but its a start but also its hard to tell when am us up or drops because it does make that loud whistle sound but then it stops and ive noticed no grace period btwn counters sometimes i wont get countered and the am just randomly drops
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Use Flame Cascade if you get interrupted to keep the AM going.
  12. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

I know i do but this defeats the purpose of keeping an am up if u cant go back into ur big hit move especially when dealing with a cast power it just takes way to long assuming u dont get interrupted
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

That's not the first time ive heard that problem either.
    Idk if it's a bug or a tech issue.
  14. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Yea i wonder if any if the developers know of this issue or can confirm if thats intended
  15. BOLO Active Player

I can't agree more. I remember years ago tunso specifically said that the precision powers hit harder because of what it takes to do damage considering interruptions, adds blocking and the distance you have to stand to maximize damage . This was the basis of the whole risk/reward thing. At the time other might powers could not really get interrupted as much as the precision powers could. I'm sure this was the whole reason Rage with the top dps for a while. Now the real root problem is not that the powers can not perform, but the amount of damage shown on the scoreboard. As much as I do pay attention to the scoreboard I have a very strong feeling that if the scoreboard never existed no one would care about how much damage they are actually putting out because you cannot compare yourself to another power. I will admit that the scoreboard is the reason I am still playing this game for competition. So unfortunately I am a scoreboard chaser. The truth is certain powers perform better in certain situations. May be a fix to the scoreboard where it will show the amount of damage put out to adds and the amount of damage put out to Bosses would make people feel better. Some powers are boss burners, while others kill the adds really fast and some do both. But maybe this will help them out when it comes to balancing. Idk, just an idea. I do not believe testing on the sparring targets should be the final result of balance. I do know the devs do consider this somewhat which is the reason why they gave hard light the three second interruption window where you can still get up and do damage in your am within that time limit. I do honestly believe the Devs are on the right track, but the ramp up time for certain powers definitely needs to be addressed.
    • Like x 5
  16. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I hope Tunzo realize too. After the stats matter again, they need to do it in real contents so we can finish those powers updates for good and move to important stuff in the game to improve. It is time to finish these powers. I hope the devs don't ignore this. Aren't they tired to update them everytime? Or they don't care about their own game?

I am. i don,t care about the fotm devs. I just want to play with the power I want to choose. I used 3 power token on my main character and it wasn't for the fotm but just try new powers. The fotm mentally isn't real and minimal so stop this devs. People will still use those tokens.
  17. SasquaT Dedicated Player

What u mean finaly ? many ppl said that long time ago but thx for posting im glad there is more who thinking same .
    To be honest after all this years powers are still unbalanced .Who shall we blame for this its not hard to guess.
    • Like x 1
  18. darkscarletx Loyal Player

The devs only think about the fotm too, one of the problems. But this mentally isn't real and minimal. Some will use the best powers, but a lot more jsut wan to play their favorite powers or just try new ones. I really don't care what power is the strongest. We can be strong with any powers and it won,t stop people to spend power tokens. I used 3 just to try new powers. The fotm didn't force me to spend them.

Devs need to finish those powers after the stat matter and after move to important stuff in game to improve. It went far too long for those updates.
  19. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I'm celestial. I know they said they will add a 3 second grace period soon. I'm waiting for it.. But because the devs didn't care about the real contents with this powers and others, the interruption is a nightmare. Entirely their fault because they only want to test with dummies. So yes, you understand and I hope the devs and Tunso will too.

I play dcuo for almost 2 years too.

Also, some people told me that's how Tunso want it so this is how it should be but I don't agree too like you.
  20. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I agree with you 100 percent bold. Their needs to be a scoreboard for adds and just boss fights and totals. Light got shafted and I hate being it. All these people that don't play their main as the power shouldn't jump in test n use some loadout no one will use and say its garbage or good or even a sorcery guy hops on sayin muni is op so his power stays top. The amount of damage on a sparring dummy is down right crazy.

I do a job at work and it's bad I don't say I worked real hard on it n parts are good. I redo it because it wasn't good enough. Light is 2 slow and the hardest hitting am powers at mid range are interuptable. Really light is like forest gump in real life utterly tarded.

everyone says its not bad but its not good. Lol it's bad and when every other power gets it's update it won't be bad it will be horrible.

Will you invite a light dps in pze elite? I won't n that should tell you something. Any content with no tank where running 2 dps n u have higher gear u can't get off anything. I wish there was a twerk emote and run around twerk in front of the light dps n boot em. I'm light and I stand by this message.
    • Like x 1