Server Hotfix - September 20, 2017

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by VioletSorceress, Sep 29, 2017.

1. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Atomic
    • Re-balanced Atomic Combos:
      • Reduced the damage of Beta Flood, Thermochemical Explosion, Atom Fragmentation, and Nuclear Blast.
      • Reduced the power cost and damage of Neutron Explosion.

Earth
    • Jackhammer's first hit of damage has been rebalanced to account for the knockdown. Jackhammer's range has been reduced to account for its melee damage bonus. The Aftershock's will no longer knockdown while in DPS role
    Rage
    • Re-balanced Rage Combos:
      • Reduced the damage of Outrage's Extra Measure.

My question is couldnt Rage' Extra Measure and Atomic's Thermochemical Explosion and Atom Fragmentation
    have had their ranges reduced like how Jackhammer was handled instead of reducing the damage?

Extra Measure for example cause problems in solo content when you want to kill an add and go activate something because it would hit and taunt adds way behind player. Now with reduced damage is still problematic for open world missions but also deals less in raids. A lose - lose situation.

Im aware that reducing the ranges of Thermochemical Explosion and Atom Fragmentation will cause problem for Tanks but it would have been so much better for Dps. With the reduced damage now once again Atomic doesnt have true melee level damage loadout but more of a Midrange one. Nuclear Blast, Neutron Bomb and even Beta Surge are again rendered pointless since people would have to stick to Thermochemical Explosion and Atom Splitter all the time to be competitive.

If possible Id rather have Thermochemical Explosion and Atom Fragmentation have reduced range and melee level damage for Dps and keep them as their are with less damage but midrange AoE for Tanks.
    If it is not possible to for these 2 combos to work differently for Dps and Tanks, then reduce the range and remove the knockdown from Thermochemical Explosion but buff the damage so it would work for Dps and give Neutron Bomb or Nuclear Blast a CC effect that Tanks can replace Thermochemical Explosion with another CC combo. Again what was done with this Server hotfix is a Lose-Lose situation, even for Atomic Tanks since they also deal reduced damage than before.

Before some Atomic tanks freak out about me suggesting replacing Thermochemical Explosion with a ranged combo. Relax, it works and you get used to it very fast. Thermochemical Explosion is a midrange cone atm while Neutron Bomb and Nuclear Blast hit at max distance like spheres around the target. Having a max distance CC combo would be so much better for tanks. Ive used Neutron Bomb before Revamp and it was working great even considering as a range combo I got countered with Npcs lunging me and now that is not an issue anymore.

Please reconsider.
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

All three powers are preforming fine though.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

Thermochem and atom splitter is not the best way to be competitive with atomic.
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Rage is fine.

The only thing I would like to see changed. The cool down of outrage. It's nice they added the extra combo in, BUT now that it hits like a pillow, it should be optional. The cool down should cover just the original 2 melee combos so you have the option to use the third or combo into another power.

Other than that, rage is just fine. You don't want to stop groups of NPC from coming over. Rage has the best SC oh **** button beyond having a shield.

Earth and atomic are also doing just fine.
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

One thing I want to see changed is Hard Light's weight through not push people away. That can mess up other team member's rotations and even interrupts things like heat vision. Was in Under World Trial and the 173 hard light was push me back when I was single target loadut on the Phonix. Messed my heat vision up nearly every time.

Last week when Zoo was released the HL was push the adds around and pushing the tank. The tank really didn't like that. :(

And it pushed other team mates as well. It would be nice if the push back effects were removed but it would be hard to do I guess.
  6. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Now that you mention Light, Ive noticed that Final Claw is hitting for very low damage. I know that Claws and Boxing were assigned as the low cost /low damage combos but Final Claw always had good damage and not it just doesnt.
    I would usually see 4-5k hits from Swings and 3-4k hits from Chainsaw but poor Final Claw hits for like 1-1,5k. Id like damage buff and power cost increase just for Final Claw.

Earth is fine and Rage got just 1 combo nerfed so its not that noticeable change but Atomic was way better before this "hotfix". Earth approach reducing the range instead of damage was the right one, Rage and Atomic got the short end of the stick.