Server Hotfix... Not for LoA

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Sore Steadfast Player

He does properly reset after each wipe. The real issue is that we don't respawn in the right location after each wipe and it takes us too long to get back. If we respawned by the door, you'd see the correct reset occur.
    • Like x 1
  2. Juxes Committed Player

Soo..this thread is already deduced to the "ermagerd loa doesn't need a nerf git gud" crowd even when the OP didn't even say that.

The OP literally just asked when will the hot fix happen or will it ever happen but everyone and their mother with the exception of maybe one dodge the whole point like it was the black plague. lol smh

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  3. Alekimsior New Player

Maybe. I've noticed him reset when a loner enters the boss room and gets wiped, and I have noticed Ras jump into the pool before the fight even starts (you are right, it may be related to the delay people have having to return to the room). However, shouldn't the timer start as soon as you start the boss fight? Because I'm guessing this is working on a timer.

Btw, I witnessed a very neat way to reset Ras without having to die/pickup. A fast player gets in, as goes far enough to start the fight. Then darts back outside, before the wall closes. I've only been able to replicate it once, you have to be fast, or the wall closes on your face.
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

I don't mind waiting for the fight to start before the timer kicks in but a better placed respawn would be a great quality of life improvement too. It looks like the PC Test patch has a fix for this. How they implemented that will be interesting.
  5. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Noooooooooooooooo! :(
    • Like x 2
  6. HazeTA New Player

Well, there's at least 1 thing wrong with it and Ra's not resetting properly is that one thing at least. I'd also say, having to wait 60-90 seconds for his reflection to drop is another thing.

See above for things wrong with it^

Also, it was released with the admittance that it was a touch too difficult and would have a hotfix, so it won't be nerfed, it will be fixed, there's a difference.
    • Like x 4
  7. HazeTA New Player

You can use that proximity to the door as a workaround to reset him. One person goes in, dies by the door, when the door re-opens run in and revive them and he resets properly.

Not sure how many are aware of this, haven't seen it mentioned here yet, maybe it will help some people out alot until it's fixed.
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

Exactly. That's why I personally feel that the reset is working properly. The real issue in my opinion is that we're spawned halfway towards the beginning of the level. If we respawned by the door, we wouldn't have to wait out that travel time. It'd be our own fault for lollygagging long enough to let Ras join the fight. We'd also be able to reset the fight more easily because you wouldn't be pressured to pick someone up by the door. They could just Flee.

A side note, you don't have to die. You can run in just far enough to grab aggro via proximity (range is quite far), and use your fast movement mode to travel back through the door before it closes. It will close, detect nobody is in the room, and re-open and reset.

All that said, I haven't seen what the fix is that they published in PC Test. I'm curious how they addressed it.
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the ra issue only happens if you wipe on the first attempt and the instance has always been like that even on normal setting and his reflect doesn't last anywhere near that long
  10. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Not necessarily.
    If someone in the Group gets too close ot the entrance, maybe even starting the cutscene and it then takes some time, before the Group enters (for example because someone was afk), then the same Thing hapens, even before a wipe.

The point "It has always been like that in the alert, too" is invalid, because it was the same for the declawed feat (you were always able to complete that feat in one run.), which was confirmed to be bugged from day one on, 3 years later and was changed/fixed for the Legends map AND the alert (Now you have to run it at least twice, because only the side-bosses in the first two rooms Count for the feat and only after succesfully finishing it).

I've also seen it happen, that Ra's stopped Swinging his sword, but still kept on reflecting damage, easily more than a Minute after he started.
    I didn't see it happen every time yet, but at least 3 or 4 times so far.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

I've been in groups where we wiped the first time, reset the instance, killed the claws before Ras jumped off the stage, and nobody would attack until his reflect was done. You know his reflect is active based on the green shield under his name, not just the animation of him swinging his sword. We would test that by occasionally doing a quick tap range on him. The reflect would still be active even though he was doing other attacks. He would even go into his reflect animation again and back to attacking yet the reflect would still be active as an effect. It takes about 60-90 seconds to go away on its own. I think many groups might be facing this but could all be spazzing out on him and just taking the damage unknowingly and popping it's damage cap. If one person does that alone, they will die. Once the effect clears the first time, any additional times he goes into reflect will only last as long as the animation.
    • Like x 3
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

your having a different exsperaince than me then normally once the swords stop swinging he will take damage.. and the ras thing can be reset if someone goes in and then dies by the door you can pick them up when the door opens and ra will reset
  13. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

With all due respect, the last time I ran it, we had to disband.
    He kept spamming the snakes, and none of us could survive the damage even while blocking.
    I even tried kiting around a pillar, since I had aggro the whole time. It helped, but not enough.
    Had nothing to do with the green smoke. Everyone knew to keep out of it, and did.

The first time I ran it, we couldn't finish because we all wiped on Ra's after almost defeating him.
    When we came back, he was up, as well as the 2 adds. And they all attacked at the same time.
    Beating the 2 adds, on the first attempt, was fine. But adding Ra's to the mix, proved to be too much.
    Both times were PUGs. (for clarity).

I'm not trying to say it can't be done. And I really am glad you think its easy-mode.
    But being smug and oversimplifying the matter isn't helping anyone.

Anyway... the point is, its harder than intended. How do I know?
    :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  14. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

There are issues with LOA that need to be resolved. People need to stop saying there is nothing wrong in there. The difficultly is fine in my opinion although if they lowered Ra's down by 1 CR point I wouldn't complain either. Additionally Serpent Claw as a sub-boss seems simple to me, although I have heard lots of people belly ache about how hard he is on the forums and in game. I tried him for the first time last night and we blew through him without anyone even going down once. I really don't get why people are complaining about him since he seemed the same as any of the other claws in sub boss fights.

Here are the issues I have seen in the instance.

• The respawn location after a Ra's al Ghul wipe is too far away which causes him to not reset properly. The respawn location needs to be updated.
    • Ra's al Ghul does a 'sword swinging dance move' to show that he has a 100% reflect activated. It remains active for a very long time in some instances even though he stops doing the sword dance and starts doing his charge and lunge/ground smash attacks. He needs to be updated to not allow for the reflect to remain for such long periods of time. When it remains active for over 30 seconds that seems wrong.
    • I also saw a change coming where the 100% reflect was supposed to be 80%, although I'm not sure why that matters. If he is reflecting damage I don't think anyone would want to attack no matter what percentage the reflect is. At 100%, 2-3 attacks won't kill you, and if you are still attacking now past that I'm not sure the 80% change will add to your survivability anyway.
  15. RSL New Player

you'll never convince a portion of our playerbase of this.
  16. 1ndab0x176 New Player

it doesnt need to be fixed, the ppl playing it does. the map is actually easier and quicker than courthouse. all 39 members of my league have completed every feat for Loa. its all about learning the mechanics. heres a tip ra's 1st form.... dont attack while the green shield is under his name, it reflects back ur dmg. wait the 1min for it to go away.
  17. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

That is mostly the case for me, too: Sword-Swinging stops -> Damage reflection stops. But sometimes it doesn't.

What I just didn't see is, if then the Shield-Symbol below his Name still stays up, because I didn't pay Attention to it first, only later, when I was told it was there as hint, how Long you should stop attacking him.

I read before, that Ra's can be "artifically" reset in such a weird way, and it proves to me even more, that there is something wrong with how he's resetting after a fight or the group's spawnpoint or a combination of both. The result is the same anyway.
    • Like x 1
  18. HazeTA New Player

His reflect certainly does stay up that long at times, it's random how long it stays up, whether you've experienced a wait as long as that is irrelevant and if he's always failed to reset after a wipe then it's always been broken, always doing that doesn't change that fact.
  19. Sbel Devoted Player

In case anyone missed it:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/server-hotfix-january-23-2015.234929/