Downtime Server Downtime - September 20, 2017 - Episode 29: Riddled With Crime!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redd Blur Active Player

Agreed 100% I don't play PvP so I don't care about changes there. But in pve, we are a team. As long as the mission gets done, who the hell cares what power is op and what the tank is doing. As long as you finished, and the tank did it's job, who cares if he's top dps. This is the reason why the scoreboard needs to go away
    • Like x 4
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

my main was mental from the start in 2013 and therfore before it was OP. i never use respec tokens, because i have a load of alts for that... i also have a nature alt and i am constantly in wolf form because i love furries and werewolves n stuff like that. call me shamefull, i might have exposed myself. yet: the way mental dropped from a broken OP power to a broken bottom power tells not very much about my skill IMAO... just saying. i don't agree. at all. also: dammage role is a support role too, and of course you would want to give the best performance as a dps. because the team profits from it too. and it is fun to compete. and ppl do what is fun because it is fun and play games for the fun of it and it is also fun to do good dammage for the fun of the rest of the team that wants to successfully and fast complete instances because it is fun to do so. beeing stuck in a raid that takes forever because the dps are low is not fun on the opposite. FUN, get it?
    • Like x 1
  3. StanleyRage New Player

someone knows how long it still takes?
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

my download seems done. now the game still is down and i allways wonder what devs do in between download till online time...
    checking if stuff is running correctly maybe?
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i have said several times now every power deserves an op representation of their power...yes op...earth would get a 1shot killer water could have a infinite spam attack fire a unbreakable shield...whatever...every power would have 1 op power...we would all be equal and op...no more "balance" nonsense...
    • Like x 1
  6. Urban Power New Player

They play the game and look for final bugs and/or glitches. Just a final check.
    • Like x 1
  7. Vicious Well-Known Player

Please never comment on balance ever again.
    • Like x 2
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

devs avoided "must have" powers. thats why you get big backlashes in cooldowns and power costs for small amount of additional dammage. and it is ok for me, because thats what you had with AM's: cooky cutter loadouts with must haves and useless powers...
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

awww, thats an excuse,
    they just want to be the first to play it ^^
    we only have to wait till they are through!
    jk... thanks for the info! ;)
  10. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Yeah, I kind of agree. DPS should have very high damage and not be able to take more than a couple heavy hits. A tank should be able to a massive amount of damage and deal a very low amount of damage. Healers should be hard as hell to kill and be able to keep up with the repairing of the level of damage a DPS can dish out. Controllers should be able to balance their damage in/out with how much power they can supply the team (High power supply with low defense and dps).

DPS absolutely SHOULD be responsible for managing their own power - huge damage out means huge power usage = manage it better.
    Tank protect your healers first and trolls second
    Troll keep the healer in power, by default this keeps the tank in power
    Healer the tank is your focus, yes DPS - you pull aggro off the tank you kind of asked for the death

If everyone can be a bit smarter in the attack pattern, let the tank run out and smack a few mobs to grab their attention (dps sit on your hands and DO NOT take over the direction of the run, follow the tank. DPS can kite mobs away from the troll and healer to a point where the tank can grab it. NO dps this doesn't mean grab every mob you can see and over load the tank.

All of the team. DO NOT open every door, active every switch, ...

But what do I know - just a few thoughts to pull the thread off topic...
    • Like x 6
  11. marcualexe94 New Player

In my country is 7:40 PM how long will be the server down? how much do i have to wait?
  12. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

ill say anything i want bye
    • Like x 1
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

so, you can check if someone of your server is (secretly) a dev by checking wave dox at the same momment it gets live ^^
    those hwo are above cr206 at that momment, must have at least got some gear before it officially went online for public.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

My atomic toon disagrees. And that toon has been atomic since the 1st 5 mins the power went live. Dont get me wrong adjustments were needed for some power sets. Atomic wasnt one of them. Well it did need it for pvp i guess. But clearly they cannot separate pvp/pve. And adjusting for pvp has messed up pve in the past and vice versa. Its getting old. After a year spent testing this revamp nothing should of went live this way imo.

And some of the adjustments will have little to no affect. For example rage will be pretty much the same. I also think people look at the scorecard and see people doing similar damage and think things are balanced. Which is odd imo. And there are clearly a few power sets that are under performing and nothing has been done about those. Even tho the revamp has been live 2 months and it took that time for these few changes to happen. The ones happening today i mean.

I dont see balance at all. I see the same thing thats been going on in this game for 5 years now. Fotm. Its kind of shocking to me that people dont realize whats going on after all this time.

I dont agree with them raising the mats. But ep30 shares an essence withe ep29. And with ep30 having the gear mods it means u have the entire time of ep29 and ep30 to get it all done. No one says u have to have all 12 gen mods completed before ep30 comes out. They did however raise the complex by way too much. I know ill be crafting gen mods on 1 toon and unlocking the feat on my others. Like ive done with the past 2 episodes.
    • Like x 7
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i get that im just done with balancing a broken game...thats all i meant...i never said it was a great solution im just saying its no worse than the usual "make this power powerful ok its too powerful well lessen it ok its not even useful now oh well lets wait a few years theyll update..." nonsense...i mean really... thats the best solution for this game every time!!??
    • Like x 1
  16. Tarif Committed Player

Agreed. Our Roles need to be better balanced to stop abuse game-wide right now. We have 4 roles, not 3.
    • Like x 2
  17. SilkyPawz Bunny

Who made you the forum police?

It's up to Mepps and the forum Moderator, Not you what people can or can't say!o_O
    • Like x 2
  18. KronusLives Level 30

wish guys would this overnight and not mid day, every time it comes out anyway always bunch of issues.
  19. BƖack Dedicated Player

How long yet, i'm bored. :(
    • Like x 2
  20. Redd Blur Active Player

Balance? Yes. Not nerfs. If you're gonna balance out powers, buffs, not nerf. Buff up the powers to bring them in line. Not water them down. I've said it earlier today, we want to feel powerful, as it's a super hero game. If I wanted to feel weak and humanlike, I'd go play an non superhero game
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.