Server Downtime - November 5, 2020 - Long Live the Legion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Cozy New Player

anyone know when we will be able to get on?
    • Like x 1
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

the Eta is still about 3 Hours Away. However it Could unlock Sooner depending on how smoothly this goes.
  3. RahRah Active Player

I'm on PC and have a 479MB download going now, so I doubt it's much longer. I reckon an hour or so
  4. darry3275 Well-Known Player

I like the addition of the elite alert like they used to do.
  5. Tokens210 Well-Known Player

you were able to download that, an hour in
  6. RahRah Active Player

Yeah, it's about time they did another elite alert. Still find it odd they decided to go with no solo or duo, though.
    • Like x 2
  7. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

I'm looking forward to the new gear, styles, content, base items, and feats!
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For belated update, Switch will get the episode today.
    • Like x 4
  9. Jords21 Well-Known Player

Why no solo or duo
  10. PolarisSylar Committed Player

First time they did alert elite was during the "monthly" episode era.

Last time they did alert elite was during the "monthly" episode ERA.

Yup it been awhile we had alertelite
    • Like x 2
  11. darry3275 Well-Known Player

Anyone heard how hard it is to level the op item this time?
  12. Murphie New Player

I totally agree with this. It becomes very tedious to repeat the same routine over and over again.
    In addition, it is also very difficult to find a group when the boss becomes impossible.
  13. RahRah Active Player

Seems like it may be a bit easier, but we'll see. You can equip it as soon as you get it, though, if you want (but will be lower than current gear to start with)... And it has a white socket.
    • Like x 2
  14. darry3275 Well-Known Player

15. Designated Well-Known Player

I still have to see, but beforehand it seems the best idea towards OP item they had in a long, long time.
    • Like x 2
  16. Designated Well-Known Player

Really excited 4 elite alert.
    Glad to see it back.
  17. darry3275 Well-Known Player

Well while we wait, I would like to congratulate Superman for pulling off the underwear on the outside look for so long. :D
    • Like x 1
  18. RahRah Active Player

I agree.
  19. Vicious Well-Known Player

This reminder of monthly episodes brings up a pretty big irony regarding this DLC. When they switched from monthly updates to quarterly-ish, they said that one of the big reasons for the change was so that they could focus on massive content drops all at once that would take players longer to complete. The first DLC after that change was Amazon Fury Part III, which was one of the most popular DLCs of all time. It had a Solo, a Duo, an Alert, and two Raids, both with elite options. It also had a bunch of open world content. It totally encapsulated that idea that these new updates would be huge and bring with them an avalanche of new content.

Fast forward to today and the major update coming out has a total of two instances. An Alert (with elite option) and a single Raid (with elite option).

That's a lot closer to the amount of content we'd get in monthly patches than we did in the big updates that followed.

I'm not holding this against the team at all because the reason for this smaller update remains to be seen. It's very possibly they're working on something else or they had an under-manned team as a result of COVID cuts/furloughs or something of that like, and those would be super reasonable explanations for why this DLC was so small. That being said, it's still a bummer for the players.

On a personal level, just the fact that we don't even have a Solo option to spam in our free time for some quick completions and catalyst farming is massive quality of life downgrade from other DLCs. I'm one of the players that barely runs Alerts because they take too much time for the miniscule amount of rewards they give out, so it's a huge hit to me to know that the only way to get marks and catalysts this time is to run lengthy instances. It's really not conducive to casual gameplay to any degree. You either need to be able to have a ton of time on your hands or you get left behind completely.
    • Like x 5
  20. darry3275 Well-Known Player

I would like to see a tank power that lets you annoy adds and bosses by making stupid noises...........sure drew aggro from my parents.:p
    • Like x 1