Downtime Server Downtime - March 7, 2018 - Game Update 80!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 6, 2018.

1. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I still don't get it about Armories.

Most DC Comics super-heroes have a secret identity.
    They change into their super-hero gear when they go fight crime and then they change back when they go back into their secret ID.

City of Heroes DEVs understood it. You were given additional slots as you leveled up.

But then DCUO doesn't seem to understand super-hero gamers wanting to make more than 1 character it seems.

I really can't understand why it is so hard to understand that one Armory is pretty useless and you need two in order for the system to work - one to hold your secret ID and one to hold your super-hero gear (even for those that don't give a crap about comics but are playing the game - one for PVE and one of PVP makes sense).

I know what some will say - "just stop whining and buy one. It's not that expensive."

I have maxed out to the 32 characters slots. (and believe me, I had more than 139 masks in THE CITY) I unsubscribed, had to delete or store a bunch, came back into All Access refilled them all, and have already deleted a couple of characters to check out new concepts.
    So to buy an additional Armory for each of the characters I create is ridiculous.

The armor system is useless as it is.
    Make a tier price of me to buy an additional Armory for All my characters (including the ones that I will probably make after deleting other ones on my account) and then, maybe, the Armory system will make sense.

But then, it doesn't seem to be understood why players would want to play more than a character or two in this game and pay for name changes, power set change, etc. instead.
    • Like x 3
  2. Tenshi Nyu New Player

Aaaaaaaaaah, I can't wait!
  3. GiorgosKavlas New Player

how much time left to open?
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 2
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Can't wait to get home tonight
  6. RL Chick Level 30

I have collected a ton of base items :) and many of those base items I know I will never use to decorate my base. Wouldnt it be cool if we could hide those items so we don't have to see them on the list, just like we hide missions we don't want to see. :)
    • Like x 2
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

For me, the armories I have are mostly for outfits. Sure there are a couple for pve, a couple for pvp. But all 4 have different loadouts.
    But armories, for several of the people I've interacted with in game, are mostly just for outfit styles.
    Why? Because a lot of people don't want to stay bound to one costume.
    In the comics there are heroes and villains both that change their costume all the time and on DCUO it is the same thing. Armories are for the ease of going to the base and changing the outfit quick and simple, instead of remembering the costume styles and color codes and doing it manually.
    And I care the most about my main. I created others to play the game from each point of view sure, but now I mostly use them for inventory space since my main doesn't have it. Playing them on events and playing one of my villains when an update comes out.

Power set change? That has a use. After all, when the water power came out I created an alternate with the water power and if I had been good enough with that one I'd've probably bought a power set change for my main. Because it's my main. Sure I experimented with it first for free, but I would've changed the power if I'd liked it. Why start over and work again to get them up when I can change it?

I will give you name changes though. I don't see a point in that. What, did they need to change their hero/villain identity for witness protection?
  8. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I completely agree. I have thought the same thing more than once. Everyone needs to push for this.
    • Like x 1
  9. asbj New Player

super cool
  10. Behrameker1 New Player

E3 is stil under maintance my character is lost connetion
    • Like x 1
  11. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

Same here. Ran typhons area and the shades mission. Ran aoj area (both a51 and war torn village) ran amusement mile area and no problems.

Tried to teleport into earth 3 and now I'm stuck in load screen until it comes up...

The world is currently down for maintenance. Please try again. <0x000E>
    • Like x 1
  12. jrjinoru New Player

I have had trouble opening the game:

Unable to write to Exception: Cannot open file - E:/Games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/DC Universe Online/UNREAL3/DCGAME/COOKEDPC/DCFXGROUPS/PLAYER/DCFXPLYGEN_MAINFRAME.UPK (13) - http://dcuo.patch.daybreakgames.com...zs/60/f48/cdb4dd11057881e4c9e812d45e611d64b9b. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.
    • Like x 1
  13. SÕN GOKU New Player

I also have 2 carácters trapped in the Gotham Earth 3 portal and there is no way to Recover them.
    • Like x 1
  14. MadSilverBoy New Player

I just do not get involved, what's up?:(
  15. FoodFanatic New Player

If the worlds are online why do I keep getting stuck on the connecting to log in screen and 5 mins later it moves me to a screen that says the world are down for Maintenance? I uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing? @Mepps
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Did you log out while in Earth 3?
  17. FoodFanatic New Player

No when I logged out I was in Gotham